Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
It's freedom of speech, not freedom from speech *starts screaming into a bullhorn*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I can only hope that one day my privileged white girl rear end falls off a moving bulldozer that I'm stupidly trying to climb on. D&D superstardom will be mine, all mine :allears:

:swoon: CONDI :swoon:

I think you mean "stand in front of a home and get bulldozed because gently caress you and the people who lived there".

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

That depends on when you asked the eyewitnesses. The first day or two, they said what I said, after she became Media Darling Rachel Corrie, they started saying what you said. They wisely understood that one dead white woman plays much better in western media than a hundred Lebanese kids burned to goo by white phosphorus and a hundred Palestinian kids used as human shields by the IDF combined.

I'd be really interested in seeing this progression of the story.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Orange_Lazarus posted:

Why does that make her unattractive? Unless you're saying that would automatically make her "ugly" from a conservative perspective, which seems to happen to a lot of women who may even only be marginally in the left.

She's still very attractive in her least attractive photo
The tiniest ocean is still very large
The largest bacterium is still very small
etc...
:thejoke:

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Cjones posted:

Uh, this person actually kind of has a point...

There is one valid point in there (being generous and assuming the response to Stacey Dash was actually anywhere close to what is implied) mixed in with a whole heap of ignorance. Clinton got 84% of the black vote, Gore 90%, Kerry 88% and Obama 95%, so to trot out "well, 95% of black people voted for the mulatto, so who's the real racist" is pretty ignorant/bigoted.

PBS has a one hour documentary up for free on their website that looks at the racial make-up of the US and its relation to politics, historically, currently, and towards the future. http://www.pbs.org/programs/race-2012/

zeroprime fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 22, 2012

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Aatrek posted:

ARZY.JPG

A rising tide lifts all boats.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
These are from Israel's last "defensive" mission (cast lead).

zeroprime fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 18, 2012

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
I honestly can't tell if that is real or not.

Blade Runner:

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
That's impressively terrible.

http://instagram.com/p/Vq8lfDl6YQ/

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Ain't no government and ain't no man can make me read if I don't want to.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

VagueRant posted:

Wait, is it illegal to collect rainwater? Why?
Someone was diverting streams in Oregon to fill up ponds/lakes on his property, leaving the streams either dry or only at a small % of normal capacity downstream. Due to the media being complete and utter poo poo, headlines such as "Man jailed for collecting rainwater" have led people to believe this is a case of government regulations gone mad, when the reality is that conserving water with rain-barrels is encouraged and building fuckoff huge dams across jurisdictional waterways is understandably very illegal.

You should read this for more info.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Gay Abortions posted:

Men are taught to expand and take up large amounts of available space while women are taught to remain compact and out of the way by just about every media source ever.
This is like the sociological equivalent of :biotruths:

platedlizard posted:

Part of a Triassic era ichthyosaur me and my dad found about two years ago in Eastern Oregon. Dad's been prepping out the fossil and recently found this jaw bone and teeth.
That's is extremely awesome.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Huh, what a coincidence.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
You can probably expect this stupid poo poo to pop up on facebook soon, if you're still friends with horrible people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/1lbty6/if_i_upvote_this_am_i_a_racist/
http://imgur.com/gallery/X4V615y

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

zeroprime fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 14, 2013

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Firstscion posted:

Ignore the red square.
Post a picture :v:

Cartoon by smug poo poo Eric Allie just before the recession hit:

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

I though for sure that was a parody ad, especially with that goddamn face down bed one. Turns out that is 100% legit and this is the parody:

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Vertical Lime posted:

And who cares if the labor market is getting better
Never forget :911:

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Paper With Lines posted:

when I was in college, the student democrats sold cds of that album. here are some of their other songs.

also, kim jong-un is dying.

You could say that lately, he's been a little Kim Jong-Ill.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

SedanChair posted:

*singsong voice*

Peop-le who criticize
social justice warriors,
what-ev-er they imagine that to be,
whether earnest teen-agers getting butthurt over fandom
Or false-flag operations from /b/

Should be euthanized with hammers

I am down with this post.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
He made a dumb shirt choice because he's an absentminded genius, female scientists complained about the shirt, he gave a genuine apology for offending people, and everyone that matters moved on.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/14/rosetta-comet-dr-matt-taylor-apology-sexist-shirt

quote:

His apology during an update on the progress of the European Space Agency mission was greeted sympathetically by particle physicist Clare Nellist. “Impressed with Taylor from @ESA_Rosetta for admitting shirt choice was a mistake. Takes strength of character.” Feminist science journalist Elizabeth Gibney said: “Said he made a big mistake and is v sorry. Then moved on to Philae science. Good stuff.”

The only people who even care anymore are shitheads playing persecution Olympics on the internet, with their main competition for the gold being Christians afraid of the War on Christmas.

zeroprime fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 17, 2014

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Stultus Maximus posted:

I do not understand why these savage thugs have to destroy their own town. I don't know how the city is going to survive, who would buy a house or start a business when this sort of thing is likely to happen?

Nice, most pictures show the middle class/white people involved with riots. Too bad I don't have enough idiots on my FB feed to make it worth trolling for likes with that.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol I thought this was photoshopped but they actually did it. What the gently caress

Damage outlined in red:

Apparently Peru intends to arrest everyone involved and put them in prison for up to six years.

I spent about half a day thinking that picture was taken back in August because I'm used to the stupid idiot date formats used in the US.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

hate pants posted:

Oh sorry I forgot you were an expert on French satire and humor and not some pedantic moron
What are your qualifications for judging French satire and humor?

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
What does that mean? The thread was a honeypot for nazis/holocaust deniers?

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Oh goody, I can't wait to see how the conservatives decide between their standard "gently caress dem moslems" and "disrespectful, uppity, first lady" lines of attack on people not white and christian.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
I don't get it. A document listing things which might happen in the middle east listed something that eventually happened in the middle east?

Are conservatives just reading subpart 8.C and pretending that means Obama created ISIS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

I could care less about some dudes death that doesn't affect me at all. Or some dumb plate in the ground. I'm just posting stuff to get you to react.

And I don't believe for a second that you "find it funny". You're serious. You've got some little angry dialog going on in your head with people on the internet. :colbert:

Surely, you must be the master of puppets.

• Locked thread