Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I have area rugs all over the place since the carpet is nasty. He only likes to burrow under this one. :iiam: I find it bunched up almost every day when I get home from work.

Here are some more pics of the "fun" rug.

And I got the boys a present. And they actually seem to like it! :neckbeard:
The huge box.

Hmmm, smells interesting, is it for me?

I claim this box.

Mine! Don't touch it!

That's better.

Bingley already likes the house part.

Okay, what the hell is it? And why is it in the middle of the floor on top of the fun rug?

Someone couldn't wait for me to finish putting it together.

Then he couldn't wait for me to move it to it's current spot.

Yes, he got up there on his own but needed a little steadying hand to get down.

In it's hopefully final spot. drat it's heavy but I think I am going to anchor to the wall. More for my piece of mind than for them.

I was happy that Archie was just a interested in it as Bingley. Though I do wish he wouldn't jump down from the top every time. He makes quite a thump when he lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

JimmydaFish posted:

I was happy that Archie was just a interested in it as Bingley. Though I do wish he wouldn't jump down from the top every time. He makes quite a thump when he lands.

I think that's some kind of cat "thing." Our cats love jumping up onto tons of stuff, incrementally, but always want to jump down in one leap. Not really sure what's up with that.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I have that same cat tree and my cat loves it.

Your cat sure is an adventurous little bugger.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Now that the fur's grown back, a lot of people wouldn't even know there's a three-legged cat in those pictures.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Archie only has three legs??????????????? :monocle:

That is an amazing tree and I'm coming to steal it. Hope you understand. Leave the back door open, then I won't have to break a window or anything.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

redmercer posted:

Now that the fur's grown back, a lot of people wouldn't even know there's a three-legged cat in those pictures.

I know it's much less noticable now. And he seems to always angle his "good" side towards the camera. My cat is vain. :radcat:

Trin Tragula posted:

Archie only has three legs??????????????? :monocle:

That is an amazing tree and I'm coming to steal it. Hope you understand. Leave the back door open, then I won't have to break a window or anything.

Ummm, yeah. Did I mention that it's heavy? ;)

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Aww, I love the pictures of Bing under the rug :3: Those are really cute for some reason. The fun rug! And actually looking on those pictures I sort of buy what the shelter told you about him being an 'Oriental Shorthair". Not that he is absolutely 100% that exact breed or anything, but in those pics you can see that he's got that sort of elongated kinda muzzle you see in oriental/siamese cats. But who knows maybe I'm totally wrong v:shobon:v

The tree's totally awesome and I actually kinda feel bad that I only have a rather small cat tree for my Jackie-cat. But in my defense I often forget that she uses it at all, because she apparently only ever gets on it when I'm out of the apartment. When I'm in the apartment she always stays within a couple feet of my location at all times, and since I don't personally use the cat tree much myself neither does she. The base serves as a good scratching post at the very least, though.

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
I also have the exact same cat tree. I wouldn't worry about it falling over. My psychos rampage up and down it all the time and it only wiggles a little bit.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Brillig posted:

I also have the exact same cat tree. I wouldn't worry about it falling over. My psychos rampage up and down it all the time and it only wiggles a little bit.

That's good to know since I haven't gotten around to anchoring yet. I did move it so it's by my sliding door so now they have multilevel viewing of the birds, chipmunks and other wildlife that come to the bird feeders. They seemed pretty pleased by this.

kaworu posted:

Aww, I love the pictures of Bing under the rug :3: Those are really cute for some reason. The fun rug! And actually looking on those pictures I sort of buy what the shelter told you about him being an 'Oriental Shorthair". Not that he is absolutely 100% that exact breed or anything, but in those pics you can see that he's got that sort of elongated kinda muzzle you see in oriental/siamese cats. But who knows maybe I'm totally wrong v:shobon:v

The tree's totally awesome and I actually kinda feel bad that I only have a rather small cat tree for my Jackie-cat. But in my defense I often forget that she uses it at all, because she apparently only ever gets on it when I'm out of the apartment. When I'm in the apartment she always stays within a couple feet of my location at all times, and since I don't personally use the cat tree much myself neither does she. The base serves as a good scratching post at the very least, though.

I was really happy those pictures came out as well as they did. I think they're some of my favorites I've ever taken of him. :3: He definately has some Oriental Shorthair in him. His personality is very much as I've seen it described. He is the most vocal cat I have ever owned. And curious about EVERYTHING. He has some of the physical traits but thankfully not the weird triangular head shape. That looks awful.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Some more pics on the cat tree (now in it's final spot)

Screening my calls

Bird and critter watching

NO - don't want your kisses

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Leaving tomorrow for 4 days. Totally curious to see what kind of reaction Bingley will have when I get back. Archie has always had the "oh thank god you're back,I thought you had left forever!!!!"reaction. To which I say if you came out and interacted with the cat sitter, you wouldn't be so miserable. Bingley, on the other hand, was all over her. So I guess I'll find out on Saturday if he even notices that I was gone.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

JimmydaFish posted:

Leaving tomorrow for 4 days. Totally curious to see what kind of reaction Bingley will have when I get back. Archie has always had the "oh thank god you're back,I thought you had left forever!!!!"reaction. To which I say if you came out and interacted with the cat sitter, you wouldn't be so miserable. Bingley, on the other hand, was all over her. So I guess I'll find out on Saturday if he even notices that I was gone.

This is exactly like my two cats. Higgs will learn to love anyone who feeds him and will chill with whoever waggles a feather stick his way. Cave Johnson, on the other hand, spent his time in SHEER TERROR of the nice woman who tried to offer him food while he cowered under the bed. When we came back Cave had licked a bald spot on his neck from anxiety.

Thanks for more pictures! We have the same cat tower you do! Unsolicited advice: apparently the blue dangle-ball is a hazard and cats can hurt themselves playing with it (so sayeth Amazon.com reviews). I suggest removing the ball from the tower, cutting the elastic string on it flush to the puffball, and just letting them play with that. Best drat toy my cats ever had.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Aw poor Cave! If only they understood that the sitters are only there to give them comfort. Silly kitties.

It's been a long time since I've been in a home without pets. It's weird. I don't think I like it.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

He missed me! :3: Not that I really doubted he would but wow, he was all over me once I got home from my trip. And my niece, who was cat sitting, said he was friendly and playful with her too. That makes me feel better. Of course, Archie hid whenever she came over.

And I think there may have been some bonding between Archie and Bingley while I was gone. They are more willing to share the cat tower and I saw Archie lick Bing several times yesterday. Guess being lonely made them realize they can be buddies.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Upside down bird watching is da bomb!

That cat tree has been such a hit. Best money I've spent on them.

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 8, 2013

pandariot
Feb 19, 2012

:kimchi:

I am so smitten with Bingley.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

pandariot posted:

I am so smitten with Bingley.

:3: Awwwwww, Bingley says thanks!

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
What a silly, pretty cat. He's so lucky to have such a great home.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Cross posting from the PISS thread.

Investigating the box and all the pretty packages. Bingley was very into the whole PISS gift opening.

Testing the packages with the butt test.

They must have passed because he started ripping at the paper!

My dapper boys.

This is how Bing looked most of the night. I call it the drunken frat boy.

Then I switched bowties on both of them. Bing didn't mind the jingly one at all. And Archie was okay with the other one.

Except now he was over it.....

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Bingley really likes his PISSmas bowtie. He wore it all day Saturday. :3: Now if he would only sit still so I could get a decent picture. :argh:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

So, um, I have more pics of the Bingley boy. Anyone interested?

Totally fascinated by the puppy bowl this weekend. He watched it intently for quite a while. During the kitty half-time show, he kept running up the stairs (behind the tv) to see where the kittens were. He is so friggin' cute sometimes, he just makes me squeee. :3:

Then he decided to help himself to my bread. He worked on it for probably a half hour before I took it away. He managed to nibble a few chunks but mostly just licked it. A lot. It was really soggy when I picked it up. Ewwww.

On Monday, he decided to scare the poo poo out of me. After I took my shower, I noticed the drain was running slow so I poured drain cleaner down it. Closed the bathroom door, walk away. Come back 10-15 minutes later to an open bathroom door. Crap. Bingley is in the bathtub. Double crap. I grabbed him, put him in the sink and washed his mouth/face, feet, tummy and tail. He didn't know what the hell was happening. He didn't even struggle. Afterwards, I just sat with him, all wrapped up in a towel, and tried to get myself under control. drat thing was purring up a storm the whole time. We went downstairs so I could call the vet and he started eating. The vet had me bring him in but turned out he was fine. He must have just jumped in the tub but didn't get near the cleaner. But drat, I was worried all day. I've only had him since July, I already can't imagine life without the little bugger.

dbcooper
Mar 21, 2008
Yams Fan

JimmydaFish posted:

So, um, I have more pics of the Bingley boy. Anyone interested?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Thanks for the pictures.

It's been, what, 8 months since Bingley's leg surgery/amputation? From your posts and pictures it looks like he's getting around fine.

Does it affect him much?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

dbcooper posted:

Is that a rhetorical question?

Yep.

dbcooper posted:

It's been, what, 8 months since Bingley's leg surgery/amputation? From your posts and pictures it looks like he's getting around fine.

Does it affect him much?

It really doesn't affect him very much. He does look pretty clumsy when he tries to run upstairs. There just isn't enough push to get him going upstairs like he would like but it doesn't stop him from trying. When he does it at a slower pace, he just fine. He gets up and down the cat tree, jumps on the sofa, jumps on the bed, jumps on Archie....... He has no idea that he's missing a leg. It's amazing how he has adjusted. The funniest is when his left ear needs scratching. He'll sit there with his little stump going like mad but drat it, the ear is still itchy. He's figured out to come over to me when it needs a proper scritching instead of a phantom scritch. I do need to clean that ear occasionally since he can't. I am very tempted to get another tripod someday.

CassieCody
Feb 9, 2013
Sanguine Moon #1
That's really sweet. It's sad to think that if you don't adopt these cats, no one will. Adopting an adult cat is really one of the best things you can do. I'm going to be volunteering at a non-kill shelter soon, I just really hope I don't bring any home. I already have seven cats and three dogs. We also got this cat outside that's really sweet, she reminds me a lot of Bingley in terms of looks, although she has all her legs. She used to be terribly afraid, wouldn't even get near you. But now she eats out of my hand, and will cry and meow for food. I always try to get her to come in my house, but she's a bit shy. Sometimes she'll come in my house when there's a plate of catfood near the door, but not lately since I had to close the door on her while she was still in my house. It flipped her out but I had to do it because there was another stray cat outside that wanted food as well, and I didn't want that cat to get in a fight with this black cat. We call her Gidget. Hopefully even though she is feral, maybe one day she'll come and live with me, haha. Truly a really cool story though with Bingley. Who cares what kind of deformities they have, as long as they're lovers.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Bing, how do you even breathe with your face smooshed like that?

pandariot
Feb 19, 2012

JimmydaFish posted:

Bing, how do you even breathe with your face smooshed like that?

EVERY. TIME.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Bing and the cat tree (click for big)
As you can tell, he really likes getting all the way to the top. He can survey his domain from up there.

And some misc. pics.....
Big eyes (crappy cell phone pics)

Stole my chair. :argh:

Yep, he's dignified. The way his tail and front paw are curled almost makes it look like his missing leg is there.

This is the "heat lamp", they take turns sleeping under it. I swear the house is not that cold!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

never mind...... video being wonky. I'll try again later.

Here have some pics instead.

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 19, 2013

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

For some reason I get an error when I try to embed the video. So here's the link instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLTcd97ckTc

Bingley playing with his current favorite toy while he's in a box. Kitty nirvana!

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 20, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I keep losing track of this for my lurking pleasure.

MORE PLEASE.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

I keep losing track of this for my lurking pleasure.

MORE PLEASE.

Well if you insist.....

Testing out the scratch lounge I bought them after seeing how much Grumples (of Grumples and Hat fame) loves it. He plays in it, chews on it but hasn't figured out the lounging part yet.

More bird watching. He needs to understand that running up to the window at full speed scares the birds away. He gets there then looks at me like "where'd they go?" But he does have moments of patience where he just sits and sits and watches.

That's all for now. But spring is here (in theory) so the chipmunks are coming out. He is fascinated by them. Maybe I'll be able to get some pics of that soon.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

First off these are horribly fuzzy since I was across the room with my cell phone when I took the pics...... my apologies.

Bingley looking for his favorite toy (whichever one that might be at the moment) after I had cleaned up.

And he has seen his first opossum. There was one eating bird seed on the patio last night. Bing didn't know what to make of it and kept running from the sliding door over to me and back again. He looked horrified and fascinated all at the same time. And of course meowing up a storm the whole time. I was just glad that the door was closed so his curiosity couldn't get the better of him. I'm fine with him coming face to face with a chipmunk but not an opossum. Those things are hideous and mean.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

He was plotting something. Haven't found out what yet.

Madelene
Dec 8, 2012
Bingley is cute!

He does look to have some oriental in him. Is he really talkative with a loud meow? Does he want attention all the time and is he a total pain in the rear end if he doesn't get it?

Here's my oriental shorthair for comparison.

(yes he loves that freakin' rocking horse. My daughter grew out of it years ago and we kept it for the bloody cat.)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Madelene posted:

Bingley is cute!

He does look to have some oriental in him. Is he really talkative with a loud meow? Does he want attention all the time and is he a total pain in the rear end if he doesn't get it?

Yes, yes and yes! I'm pretty convinced that he does have some Oriental in him. Oh my god, I've never had such a loud cat. And he absolutely does not leave me alone until he conks out for a nap. Especially if I'm not getting their dinner ready quickly enough. I don't know how many times I have tripped over him. But he is so fun and sweet too. He can be such a cuddler when he's in the mood.

Your kitty is quite handsome riding his noble steed. What's his name?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

He discovered the bathroom sink this morning. He was having a grand time until I needed to brush my teeth. He looked so bummed when I picked him up. Sorry Bing, you hang out in it all day while I'm at work. I just need it for two minutes.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

And yes, that is my fabulously ugly bathroom counter. Someday I'll change it...... someday.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

A few random pics.... if anyone is still interested.

The "elegant" way that Bingley sits.

Hogging the bed. It's what they do.

Archie's favorite new hangout.

superkittenhugs
Sep 8, 2010
I love your kitties! I always have to give kudos whenever someone mentions they've adopted an adult cat (seriously, everyone adopt adult cats. You will never regret it!) However, you get double the yays for also adopting a tripod kitty! It really is amazing how easily they acclimate to losing a major part of their bodies, and Bing is a perfect (and adorable) example of it. Archie is super cute as well; I love his little Hitler mustache looking nose. I played the video of them meowing a minute ago, and I believe Cac-Kac is a bit smitten with the both of them. She had her rabies shot today and has just been incredibly lethargic, but your boys really got her to perk up. Please give them an extra hug from me for making her feel even a little better.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

A couple of random videos

He loves his Neko catterfly toy. I've got it set up so it hangs from a hook in the opening between rooms. I tried to get him when he was really going at it but of course, being a cat, he calmed down as soon as I got the camera out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EZ79fgfiFg

Lazy day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajHSyRT6QJQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

So yesterday was Bingley's re-birthday (as I am calling it). It was the anniversary of his amputation surgery as well as his actual birthday. The shelter put the 15th as his birthday but I decided to roll it into one day. Anyway.... so for celebration, he got to visit the vet for his rabies/distemper shots and general check up, woo hoo. He now weighs 11 lbs of pure muscle (up from 6.5 lbs of scrawny when I adopted him last year), has been declared a very silly boy but completely healthy. He was hopping all over the exam room, asking for pets and purring up a storm the entire time. The vet had forgotten he was a tripod at first so when she realized it, she said "well, yeah, that would explain the funny gait he has". :doh: He got a couple of treats while I paid the bill then it was off to the pet store. I've never taken my cats into a store before so this was new for both of us. He was on his harness and leash so I did have control over him. Bing was fascinated, curious and nervous while we were there but he did really well. He kept looking around at everything and at one point, jumped over my shoulder onto the shelf behind me. It had a bunch of scratching posts so I think he just wanted to try them out. ;) Again he was super friendly to everyone he met. It amazes me that he acts that way since I've never had a cat that is so open to strangers like this. We picked out a couple of new toys and picked up a bag of treats for the birthday boy. Then home. Now he has never been a picky eater, loves everything right? I cooked some shrimp for me and gave him one once it cooled down. He wouldn't touch it. He'll eat bread, cheese, tortilla chips, twizzlers (just once) etc but a SHRIMP????? How dare I try to feed him that. It was fine once I covered it up with regular moist food. Then he crashed for the rest of the evening after such a adventure filled couple of hours. God I love that goofball.

Here's a comparison of last year to this year.

• Locked thread