Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«347 »
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Life is but a fleeting dream

Samurai Warriors never dropped the Create-a-Warrior gimmick, but then again Samurai Warriors games typically have huge gaps in between releases and there's only 4 of them compared to Dynasty Warriors' 9 and the wait between SW3 and SW4 was 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Don't worry my friends. I will be your shield.

Jack Trades posted:

A compilation of a whole lot of character action trailers for DW9:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPkUKku2Q4

A bunch of those weapons are actually really dope.
Dual swords being combined in different ways to create big sword/two swords/sword polearm.
Nunchaks being used as guns?

Also I think all the character have very unique movesets even if they share a weapon? It's hard to tell but there are no moves that stood out as being re-used between characters.
I might be blind though.

I got to say this has sold me on DW9. Even if the open world stuff ends up being a pain in the rear end (And truth be told I still kinda think that. The best I am hoping for is SW-esque battlefield objectives on a very large scale for the main battles), the combat itself looks the best it has been for a DW mainline title.

Looks like they are splitting the difference for the bow users in having them use their bow for EX and Musou attacks while giving them a melee weapon.

«347 »