Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«370 »
ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

You know you'd watch it.

Messing around in DW8:E some more and holy poo poo, if you just sit around doing diddly-dick as a vagabond unit none of the other regions manage to accomplish a loving thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The White Dragon
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Leal posted:

Playing Dynasty Warriors 3 and man I miss the OP bodyguards, or just bodyguards in general. Why did they phase those out?

bodyguards were the best!!!!

they just scaled really poorly and didn't attack very much, that's all. I fuckin loved runnin around with my entourage

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Messing around in DW8:E some more and holy poo poo, if you just sit around doing diddly-dick as a vagabond unit none of the other regions manage to accomplish a loving thing!

For some reason they thought it would be a good idea for the CPU to have to win, like, three battles in a row to actually conquer a province.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Let me show you my honorabu rotation

Please respect the content, healer dps is dishonorable

The White Dragon posted:

bodyguards were the best!!!!

they just scaled really poorly and didn't attack very much, that's all. I fuckin loved runnin around with my entourage

Imagine what they can do with the bodyguard system with current tech. Maybe have each bodyguard look unique from one another? Combo system with your groupies? Online integration so you can see other player's bodyguards protecting an enemy general? Dating sim?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I liked the feature in Dynasty Warriors Xtreme Legends where if you set things like ambushes, those troops were then essentially yours and would follow you around. One of the things I feel sucks with Dynasty Warriors is that you tend to just be alone without your own unit to command.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

I'm going to kill myself tomorrow.

I'm in the mood for either a DW or SW game instead of one of the licensed ones. What is the current best on PS4? I already have SW4 so I could probably go back to that, but it looks like my options are DW8 and 9, WO3, or wait a couple months for WO4. What's my best option here?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

SW4 will be the the best for a long while, though DW8 and WO3 are still good, just older. You could always pick up SW4-2 or SW: Spirit of Sanada if you're craving more SW4 action.

Max Wilco
Jan 22, 2012

Fare-thee-well, oh you Barbary merchants,
Fare-thee well to the Spanish Blockade,
Fare-thee-well to the Straits of Gibraltar,
and the treacherous seas of Cathay...

There's also SW4 Empires. That's the only Samurai Warriors that I've played. I don't know if there's any repeated content between it and the main game, but it gives you some decent customization options.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

I'm going to kill myself tomorrow.

Thanks! I'll look into SW4 Empires but for now I'll probably just go back to vanilla SW4. Hopefully WO4 and DW10 will be good as it's been a while since I've gotten to play a mainline DW game.

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuG67mUW-GY

This game is going to have the dumbest Odin ever and I want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

You know you'd watch it.

Grinding my way through getting 100% on DW8XL and holy loving poo poo that means I have to get every goddamn 6th weapon and do every stage multiple times to get A rank & finish all Battle Objectives.

I loving hate the Storm Rush objectives in particular. They're just loving bothersome to achieve.

«370 »