Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Has that guy ever come out and explained why he decided to use those names?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Ahahaha, holy poo poo, i can't stop laughing

quote:

CHAPTER 7
Shannon-Yonker Fights Northrop-Kaminski At The River Turquoise; Kinsey-Estrada Attacks Bambury-Lewis Across The Great River.

quote:

CHAPTER 31
Murphy-Shackley Overcomes Shannon-Yonker In Cangting-Effingham; Jeffery-Lewis Seeks Shelter With Bambury-Lewis In Jinghamton.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:stare:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I think the location names are even better than the people names. I mean, Xiakou-Plattsmouth? What the hell went wrong.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I really hope that Dynasty Warriors of the Wild 9 will have at least some of the Empires features in it.
They should just roll those two games into one or make Empires into and expansion or something.

Basically I just want Empires but with better made historical battles like they are in the normal game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I want dw9 empires so I can conquer China with my immortal shitkicker.

I am presuming of course that DW 9 will not have a create a character option by default.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HenryEx posted:

Ahahaha, holy poo poo, i can't stop laughing

Can someone mod Dynasty Warriors on PC to have these names? Thank you.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Mods please change my name to Bullard-Lundmark tia.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

edit: foudn another scan, but its a bit smaller

Davincie fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 10, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

PC Release, Please.
PC Release, Please.
PC Release, Please.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

can anyone figure out who the yellow guy is in the very last scan? its not cheng pu, but it doesnt look like any of the existing characters either

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's just Xiahou Dun from a different angle, you can see it right there on the magazine page

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah you are right, i also noticed that he doesnt have his eyepatch in one of the screenshots, which confirms that character appearances change during the story i guess

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Xiahou Dun eat his own eye in 4k resolution

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
They've already been doing storyline based outfit changes the last 2 games.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

official site is up
http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/dw9/

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You can climb walls? Neat.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Xiao Qiao flying across half of China.

The Zhou Tai Hop all the time.

Of course, this depends on weapon traits being similar. God knows what'll actually happen. Like, if Breakable Weapons come in, then the 'Equip What You Like' has more point, but more annoyance. More so if EX isn't learnable/is still locked.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Does DQ Heroes 2 have some issues with some controls randomly no longer working? I was doing the pyramid battle early on and couldn't switch characters any more, and when I fell down the trap door I couldn't use the teleportal to get back up, and it wouldn't let me evac either for some reason so I had to hard exit. Maybe I'm an idiot and missed something, but that's kind of lovely if it's a bug.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

chumbler posted:

Does DQ Heroes 2 have some issues with some controls randomly no longer working? I was doing the pyramid battle early on and couldn't switch characters any more, and when I fell down the trap door I couldn't use the teleportal to get back up, and it wouldn't let me evac either for some reason so I had to hard exit. Maybe I'm an idiot and missed something, but that's kind of lovely if it's a bug.

You can't switch characters if you're playing online, but otherwise all that sounds like a bug to me. I've never had it happen to me, though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Much like Nioh, Dynasty Warriors 9 will have multiple resolution/frame rate options for PS4 Pro users.

PS4 Pro users can either choose to run the game at solid 30 FPS in 4K or at solid 60 FPS in 1080p.

edit: The complete roster up until 8XL will be in 9. They aren't going to announce how many new officers will be introduced in 9 alongside already announced members Cheng Pu and Zhou Cang but there will be new female officers.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 13, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maleketh posted:

You can't switch characters if you're playing online, but otherwise all that sounds like a bug to me. I've never had it happen to me, though.

I wasn't playing online, but I've had the inability to swap characters thing happen again, so it's a weird bug that I'm going to just chalk up to KT port.

Also it turns out that if you try to zoom while under an archway or gate you bonk your head, and there is an achievement for it.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Policenaut posted:

Much like Nioh, Dynasty Warriors 9 will have multiple resolution/frame rate options for PS4 Pro users.

PS4 Pro users can either choose to run the game at solid 30 FPS in 4K or at solid 60 FPS in 1080p.

edit: The complete roster up until 8XL will be in 9. They aren't going to announce how many new officers will be introduced in 9 alongside already announced members Cheng Pu and Zhou Cang but there will be new female officers.

No local co-op :negative:

I'm also leery of their claim that all of the old characters will be in. The roster technically still had a bunch of individual characters in DW6, they were just mostly clones of the same handful of movesets.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I've been playing on a PC, and so far I've stuck to Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors.

But I know there's also several games based on other series, like Berserk, Dragon Quest and One Piece. I have absolutely zero knowledge of any of these (the games or the shows/games they're attached to). Are any of them good, or any recommended overviews on how these games are going to work?

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 23, 2017

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

All are good. Berserk and Dragon Quest are friendlier to someone unfamiliar with the franchise in question but that shouldn't hurt playing One Piece that much.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is Zhou Cang confirmed for DW9 as well given he's in All-Stars?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah Zhou Cang is in DW9.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
How's the Berserk game compared to the Dynasty Warrior/Samurai Warrior stuff? Anything I should be aware of, like Weird Mechanics or things that are potentially unfun?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gharbad the Weak posted:

How's the Berserk game compared to the Dynasty Warrior/Samurai Warrior stuff? Anything I should be aware of, like Weird Mechanics or things that are potentially unfun?

It's really really lacking in content. Otherwise it's kind of a fairly bog-standard DW game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I apparently have totally missed the fact that a new Samurai Warriors game coming out on PC in a week.
It looks like a spin-off of some sort. What kind of gameplay are they going for with that one?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Supposedly Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada releases on PC today. The page on the store doesn't indicate, but apparently that's what Koei has said. I prepurchased it so we'll see whether it unlocks later today or not.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

PureRok posted:

Supposedly Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada releases on PC today. The page on the store doesn't indicate, but apparently that's what Koei has said. I prepurchased it so we'll see whether it unlocks later today or not.

How is the controller? I tried playing SW 4-2 again but was immediately put off by the game pad being complete balls.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

PureRok posted:

I just checked, looks like it's up on Steam.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's fun. Haven't put too much time into it so far. It definitely has some performance issues. I was forced to turn off ambient occlusion (something I usually have to have on in everything) and it's running decently now. The way some of the stuff works feels almost like a prototype for an open world Warriors game (which makes sense, considering DW9).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wooooow, the performance of the new Samurai Warriors game is REAL bad on PC.
I got a GTX 1060 and the town is giving me 30 fps on High and 55fps on the LOWEST settings.

Berserk Warriors had some issues as well but I could turn down the Environment Quality to Normal (with everything else on High) and it would give me stable 60 fps. This time not even turning everything down does that. :/

I bet Toukiden 2 used the same engine and it had zero performance issues. I wonder if it's not just some overlooked bug or something.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 24, 2017

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
All games from Koei and Gust use the same engine, called LTGL or something. Toukiden 2 on PS4 was super solid at 30 but Sanadamaru and Musou Stars ran really badly for me on PS4 Pro until I put it into 1080p (and even then it's a long way from a stable 60 on either with dips below 30). I think they've just overextended the engine - hopefully they're either using a new one or revamping it for DW9 because it's clearly beyond its limits as it is now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I've only lightly looked at this so far, but I could see koei doing a lot more spin offs that are just storys of people games.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol just found out about twitch interactions where people who stream on twitch can be affected by the people who watch them for the new game

time to hit that enemy atk button over and over

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I've been playing Spirit of Sanada, and having a good time. The PC issues exist, but so far standard things like reducing shadows makes it look just fine.

For other people who've played it, I've mopped up the first four objectives in the exploration map Sanada Homeland, but I'm not getting the Super Secret Special Fifth One that's supposed to unlock. I've poked around online, and I'm seeing mixed reports. Anyone know what triggers it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Are we posting this stuff in the FE thread or the Warriors thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YT0DBRIrug

e: haha, Xander's moveset at 19 minutes is ridiculous