Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

5er posted:

My older son, to this day, sees Basara's Mitsunari and will grumble to himself, "Ieyasu, Ieyasu, IIIEEEYASSSUUUU"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIisrtfUyv0&t=158s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
This took longer than expected, but here we are.

A Bystander posted:

Do not try to Platinum WO3 Ultimate, please I beg you

Uncle Ulty posted:

Well, I wasn't specifically PLANNING on it, but now...

I'm saving a link to this post to return some time later, with a screenshot.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
E: ^^^^^ Grats!

Lu Bu's weapon switch turns him into real Lu Bu for a couple of seconds which is usually enough time to shred anything around him on any difficulty. I used him for grinding out crystals in DW8XL on Ultimate. That said there are better options if you want someone who is mobile or can clear out more than just the area around him.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Uncle Ulty posted:

Oh jeez

Congrats, though, you deserve it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Uncle Ulty posted:

It's okay. You can put down the controller now. Everything's gonna be okay.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Thanks guys!

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's okay. You can put down the controller now. Everything's gonna be okay.

But I still have Proficiency, Weapon Compatibility, Character Levels, and Formation Gauges to grind. It's never over.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Which is worse to Plat: WO3U or Sengoku Basara 3?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Takoluka posted:

Which is worse to Plat: WO3U or Sengoku Basara 3?

Wo3U absolutely... more poo poo to grind, huge roster with lots of really iffy characters. Basara has a comparatively air tight roster that all feel different and fun

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Yup, having Platinumed both, the idea of clearing every stage and grinding Mystic weapons for every character in WO3U and then grinding Gauntlet mode 4 times, clearing every stage there, and then grinding 80 quests that you can't carry more than 4 at a time is a drag. I don't remember how many hours I put into SB3, but it didn't seem terribly monotonous because there was plenty of diversity to each character.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I only ask, because Plat-ing SB3 was an "oh my god don't do this to yourself" thing in this very thread. I guess we have a new winner!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im pretty sure a couple people here including me have plat in SB3. The game was fun enough that it was only an extra 10ish hours after I felt i was done playing it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It took me about 300 hours almost exactly to platinum SB3 and yeah, it had a lot of different playstyles that made it fun to experiment. It really did point out the problem with SB stage design though where everything's linear and designed to go from one set piece to the next, but unlike other Musou-likes that try this gimmick (Senran Kagura) it actually has fun gameplay and lots of mooks to kill.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
My Platinum SB3 save file has 250 hours on it, and my WO3U Platinum file has 330 hours on it. But my basic WO3 file that I imported into WO3U has 110 hours, so I only spent 220 hours on WO3U, but much of the WO3 time was spent doing things that counted towards WO3U trophies.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Any thread opinions on Warriors Orochi 4?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Warriors 4 DX coming to PS4 and Switch. It's a GOTY-style release that includes all the DLC. 4-2 not included it seems.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Maybe it'll come to PC. I thought SW4 was better than 4-2.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wamdoodle posted:

It's... Alright. Very lacking in content compared to WO3U, but the magic system is pretty fun if horrendously unbalanced. Feels a bit cheap and the fact that the crossover is exclusively DW/SW/WO is a bit sad after all the goofballs in 3U. Has way too much Naotora Ii.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

:thunk:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Based on the background, Horse Musou. Seabiscuit is the new Lu Bu.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Finally, the glorious return of G1 Jockey!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Maleketh posted:

Based on the background, Horse Musou. Seabiscuit is the new Lu Bu.

I'm going to main Haru Urara

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Umamusume Musou looking good

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Wamdoodle posted:

I posted one on the prior page. Short summary, it's still a good DW game, I felt. Nearly 150 warriors by the time you're done, of which you'll find six go-to's and never use any others. Platinum is less tedious to get, compared to prior WO's.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey the announcement is Winning Post 9. PC/PS4/Switch March 2019 in Japan. Y'all can go back to your regularly scheduled stuff.

Orv
May 4, 2011
One quiet, lonely fart wafts through the room and is forgotten.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I was almost right!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/968790/DYNASTY_WARRIORS_7_Xtreme_Legends_Definitive_Edition___with__DX/

Oh, okay.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I'm genuinely shocked they're releasing it at $20 instead of trying to squeeze out another $60.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Hey, what would be the best way to get into this series? Like, what game should I start with?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I mean, 7's not bad for $20 to see if you like it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
How's 7 compared to 8? I wanted to replay 8 recently but my new gamepad doesn't work too well with it.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Angry Lobster posted:

How's 7 compared to 8? I wanted to replay 8 recently but my new gamepad doesn't work too well with it.

7 does the storytelling better while 8 has better gameplay (primarily with the increased number of characters and weapons). Both are solid games.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Maleketh posted:

7 does the storytelling better while 8 has better gameplay (primarily with the increased number of characters and weapons). Both are solid games.

If you can stand duplicate move sets on characters and duplicate stages (Albeit with minor changes depending on faction) in the campaign, you could do worse with $20

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Unlucky7 posted:

If you can stand duplicate move sets on characters and duplicate stages (Albeit with minor changes depending on faction) in the campaign, you could do worse with $20

How bad is the duplicate movesets issue? Only minor characters or even major ones?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Angry Lobster posted:

How bad is the duplicate movesets issue? Only minor characters or even major ones?

Every character with the same weapon type has the same base moveset. EX Attacks and Musous differentiate characters using the same weapon type.

e: Any character can equip any weapon, but EX Attacks are only usable when that character is using their "main"/EX weapon.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 6, 2018

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I end up buying it, first stage with Liu Bei and I see his secondary weapon is a tennis racket, I don't know if this is some kind of dlc bonus but I laughed quite a bit.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Warriors games get a whole lot of joke/modern DLC.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Warriors games get a whole lot of joke/modern DLC.

One of Ujiyasu Hojo's weapons in WO3 is a magical girl wand. Probably the best joke weapon I've seen in the series.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Speaking of movesets, finally sinking some time into SW4-2 and uh, Hattori Hanzo seems ultra busted? Like I said earlier I'm relatively new to this stuff but I vaguely recall someone saying that that might be A Thing with Warriors games. Does anyone else end up having as cool or flash a moveset in SW4-2 at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone know what Warriors games on Pc had Online Coop?
I'm pretty sure DW9 and SW4-2 did but are there any others?