Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Secretly a Final Fantasy Warriors track? (I wish)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeMxYyUCFQs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
That would be cool.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoWQKfjluYo

Hells yes!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Give PC online co-op this time you jerks!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Guess it's time to get caught up on One Piece now. Fingers crossed for playable Kaku.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Give me playable Arlong or give me death.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
mansherry or bust

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Seriously, don't make me have to do things with non playable characters. Those were the only achievements I didn't bother to get in 3.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yay, I hope their classic pre-timeskip costumes will be an option too! Big fan of Zoro's original outfit.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Hooray! 3 has one of my favorite gimmicks with the buddy attack thing going.

I wonder where in the story this one winds up. 3 went to the whole Doflamingo thing, but the story in the comic wasn't finished with it yet and we got a completely insane version of most of that arc. This one is obviously gonna include Big Mom, but I wonder if they'll finish out that arc normally since the game doesn't come out until 2020. Might or might not include some of Wano.

One Piece is the one anime guilty pleasure I still keep up with. And here's to hoping they either fix Thriller Bark or just leave it out this time. Or, at the very least, not require any upgrade parts that only come from there and are needed for all of the main characters.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
So hey, for anyone who has DW8 Empires on Steam, apparently a 8 gigabyte patch dropped that wipes all data and sets the language to Japanese without any way to change it back.

Just in case anyone still plays.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
lmao who pushed a wrong build.

Probably will be fixed tommorow

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Cool and good. Steam auto updated overnight. Not going to launch it, but if I lost everything that'll be cool. And good.

I guess that gives me an excuse to uninstall it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lmao

Good thing I always get so bored by that game that I’ve never actually made any real progress in it anyway (but I want to like it so badly that I try once a month or so anyway)

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I played it for a bit, but to be completely honest, I just couldn't enjoy it as much with no english dub.

I do not like being forced to read subtitles when there is voice-acting. If there is voice-acting, I would rather listen to what's being said (and thus have the option to listen in a language I understand), than have to read the drat subtitles in addition to whatever else is going on.

Anime, games like this, whatever. It's an extra shame too, because I love 8: Empires' edit mode. But without an option for English Voice acting, I just can't get into it as much as I did previous Empires games.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
My problem with the Japanese voice acting is that it fucks up the audio cues. I pick up on them eventually but time spent diverting focus from the slaughter is just less fun.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jibo posted:

My problem with the Japanese voice acting is that it fucks up the audio cues. I pick up on them eventually but time spent diverting focus from the slaughter is just less fun.

I don't even know half the poo poo that is said in Attack on Titan during missions cause I couldn't take my eye off slaughtering hundreds of giant naked people to read what everyone was talking about.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
According to the same place I got that information all you need to do is verify the cache and you get all your stuff back, and everything's set back to normal

I didn't update but it should work for those who did.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

BlazetheInferno posted:

I played it for a bit, but to be completely honest, I just couldn't enjoy it as much with no english dub.

I do not like being forced to read subtitles when there is voice-acting. If there is voice-acting, I would rather listen to what's being said (and thus have the option to listen in a language I understand), than have to read the drat subtitles in addition to whatever else is going on.

Anime, games like this, whatever. It's an extra shame too, because I love 8: Empires' edit mode. But without an option for English Voice acting, I just can't get into it as much as I did previous Empires games.

I played some WO2 on the PSP a few days ago and boy do I miss the English voices for the Warriors Orochi series. I understand why they don't do it anymore but it still sucks. It really is harder to follow the in-level happenings when you have to look away from the action.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I just picked up Pirate Warriors 3 on a whim and was wondering what you think of it? What are some pros and cons?

I’m a big fan of a lot of the Warriors spin-offs (Hyrule, Gundam, Fist of The North Star) so I’m excited to try this one out.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Der-Wreck posted:

I just picked up Pirate Warriors 3 on a whim and was wondering what you think of it? What are some pros and cons?

I’m a big fan of a lot of the Warriors spin-offs (Hyrule, Gundam, Fist of The North Star) so I’m excited to try this one out.

It's just all-around solid, although I recommend checking some online guides for some of the story mode special objectives.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Darth Walrus posted:

It's just all-around solid, although I recommend checking some online guides for some of the story mode special objectives.

Awesome! Yeah I saw that post above about Thriller Bark so I will keep that in mind.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The combo system in OP3 is pretty versatile. Keep in mind some buttons are meant to be used for cancelling into others (Tashigi comes into mind with her shoulder button).

Also remember that every single attack can be cancelled into the dodge, leading to more combos or better setups for supers.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Der-Wreck posted:

The buddy attacks are great. It's been a while since I played, so I can't remember the exact names of things, so gonna just make up descriptors.

Make sure that you go into Super Magic Mode whenever it pops up. While that's active, every KO counts towards your Buddy Business number and after you cap it off with a Mega Magic Attack, that buddy will start jumping in on every attack when you're in Super Magic Mode and add themselves to subsequent Mega Magic Attacks. After that, switch to a different buddy and repeat. The team attacks get kinda ridiculous towards the end of the map this way. There's a few skills that can boost the meter filling up making this go much faster, so beeline those as much as you can. Can't remember who unlocks them, but I think Sanji might be one of them.

Just keep in mind that some of the game is a bit dated. There are some new systems and quality of life things that were developed in later games but aren't present here.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Isn't there a new Pirate Warriors in development? I don't know much about OP so I'm not really following all that, but I remember seeing an article about it on Siliconera.

Speaking of which, how is Pirate Warriors for somone who doesn't follow OP? Do they bother explaining plot elements or do they assume you're familiar with everything?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Commander Keene posted:

Isn't there a new Pirate Warriors in development? I don't know much about OP so I'm not really following all that, but I remember seeing an article about it on Siliconera.

Speaking of which, how is Pirate Warriors for somone who doesn't follow OP? Do they bother explaining plot elements or do they assume you're familiar with everything?

Yup. Scheduled for 2020.

It's fine if you don't know anything. 3 covers the story from the beginning up through what was then the latest arc. It's missing a LOT of detail and changes a bunch of things, but should be able to be followed enough to get what and why you're doing anything.

Just remember that it's Magical Pirate Adventures and you'll be set.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I knew nothing going into PW3 and had a blast.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

HPanda posted:

Yup. Scheduled for 2020.

It's fine if you don't know anything. 3 covers the story from the beginning up through what was then the latest arc. It's missing a LOT of detail and changes a bunch of things, but should be able to be followed enough to get what and why you're doing anything.

Just remember that it's Magical Pirate Adventures and you'll be set.
I'm not concerned about how accurate it is to the deep One Piece lore; I just don't want to start playing it and end up confused as hell when somebody references a fight with the guy who ate the Punch-Punch Fruit that doesn't happen in the game, and it sounds like that doesn't happen so that's fine.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 announced. Lord game. PC/PS4.

https://gematsu.com/2019/07/romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-xiv-announced-for-ps4-pc

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Playing three houses has made me think... When are we gonna get a new Dynasty Tactics?

Whats that, I was the only one who ever played it? Oh :smith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Leal posted:

Playing three houses has made me think... When are we gonna get a new Dynasty Tactics?

Whats that, I was the only one who ever played it? Oh :smith:

They did 2 years ago, no one played it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tae posted:

uuuuuhhhhhhhhh what the gently caress

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
That character is a living plot device. She's the reason you can have people of multiple factions on the same side, and the reason the plot is happening. She's also your cursor, and almost never fights directly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

I bought it, still haven't played it

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Dynasty Tactics is pretty dull.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
I think it was Dynasty Tactics 2 that really hooked me with all the maneuvering and push/pull mechanisms. There was something weirdly satisfying about setting up chains that bounced an enemy unit through your whole army.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

We've got new Musou games on the horizon (in Japan, at least):

quote:

Koei Tecmo has filed various Musou-related trademarks in Japan.

The list of trademarks include:

“Isekai Musou” (Other World Warriors)
“Gakuen Musou” (Academy Warriors)
“Tensei Musou” (Reincarnation Warriors) – Note: This is likely not Shin Megami Tensei-related, as Atlus would own the trademark, not Koei Tecmo.
“Musou Play“
“Musou Mode“

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I am going to spend an unreasonable amount of money on Isekai Musou if it's essentially the cast of Isekai Quartet.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hoping for three kingdoms high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fire Emblem: Three Kingdoms