Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
In DW8:XL I was doing an "Other" Story mode mission where Dong Zhuo (& Wu) fights Yuan Shao (& Shu + Wei) at Huluo Gate.

Late in the battle Lu Bu showed up as an enemy. I got him down to a sliver of health, but he was flung away. Before I could close in again, Han Dang appeared and got the killing blow.

I had forgotten he was even in the mission. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Policenaut posted:

Good an excuse as any to bust out this picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_vIanigYc

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
One of the highest evil titles in 8:E gives a tactic that massively increases attack, but turns on friendly fire. :black101:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Steam version of DW8:E is being released earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/koeigames

quote:

The STEAM release for Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires will be the same timing worldwide.

EU: Feb 27th, 2:00AM, GMT
US: Feb 26th, 5:00PM, PST

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Harlock posted:

Playing DW8XL and the Battle of Fan Castle for Wu in the story mode is ridiculous.

Am I supposed to just let them flood the castle out and defend Cao Ren? I'm good enough to stop the flood, but by the time Guan Yu shows back up - both Cao Ren and the other guy are swarmed by enemy generals and don't survive long enough.

I think stopping the flood attack is one of the requirements for unlocking the hypothetical route. Just go back to it after finishing the normal route.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
My biggest problem with the game so far is the short time limit on defense battles.

Unless you play on chaos or are incredibly bad at the game it's almost impossible to lose one.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I didn't like the yellow turban campaign as most of the factions are controlled by generic officers.

Hard actually starts living up to its name when the enemy force is entirely made up of musou officers.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

kissekatt posted:

There are some common default tracks, but if you use there music selector there are literally hundreds of (buttrock) tracks. I usually just hit random until something strikes my fancy or if I get Lu Bu's theme (house rule).

Have a child with Lu Bu and his music will play whenever you have a fight against the child.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
One of the later patches stops NPC rulers from hiring so many people.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Occasionally my whole army will lose all its troops despite none or few officers being defeated. Any idea what causes this to happen?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Do any of the patches adjust the difficulty of Hard? I've found hard is too easy while chaos just doesn't look fun to play at all.

About all I can think of doing is handicapping myself by not using items or good weapons.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
One of the Rulers in the Yellow Turban 8:E campaign.

:stare:

The screenshot doesn't really do him justice though.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Sakurazuka posted:

Jesus, what version of the game is that from? Those are some loving PS2 textures right there.

PC medium detail

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Largepotato posted:

One of the Rulers in the Yellow Turban 8:E campaign.

:stare:

The screenshot doesn't really do him justice though.

Here he is on high detail settings.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah, honestly, just start on Hard no matter what in DW8:E. It still gets continuously easier the longer you play. It really should be able to detect the fact that you're literally impossible to defeat on the strategic level anymore after a point and just make Threaten have a 100% chance or something. Honestly, the earlier you ascend into being a ruler, the easier the game gets. For a more challenging time avoid becoming a ruler until way late into a campaign, if at all.

Play a roaming vagabond that assassinates any generic rulers or prefects.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Zhu Ran kept using Diaochan & Xiaoqiao. :negative:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
8E isn't really worth getting at the moment, especially not at full price.

Maybe when/if they update to the latest version it will improve enough.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I saw 2 of the same character in one my endings.

They were flanking the ruler and was one of the officers standing below.

Possibly happened because as Strategist I kickedexecuted a generic prefect between the war council plans and the final battle. There was a blank space near the top of the battle roster.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 5, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Fat Samurai posted:

Any way to see which units/strategies do this?

Affection from Diaochan & the Qiao sisters is the main one.

I think Coercion might too.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

lurksion posted:

These two lists seem really helpful for sorting out how to get a specific Way of Life

First, the WOL list and the requirements (not yet complete by a quick read of the thread, but its getting updates):
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dynasty-warriors-8-empires/260561-way-life-list.html

Then how to get said requirements (ingame as well, but a pain in the rear end trip through several menus)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bTWF3VL8XCfsW77xFtiSKibD0goN-LE5p28nDHx9eNc

Next campaign I think I'm gonna make a short and ugly guy and get him the Tall and Handsome way of life title.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Bloodly posted:

Only if we're allowed to swear an oath-bond with a different gender, for equality's sake.

You already can.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Thanks Master Water Mirror, I will treasure it for sure. :gonk:

For me, Lu Bu? You really shouldn't have. :swoon:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

blackguy32 posted:

Dynasty warriors 8 empires

Watch for bowman tower icons on the minimap. Lines on the map will move towards the base(s) they are attacking.

They cause a huge amount of damage to bases if left alone for long enough.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
My ruler doesn't believe in secure borders

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Lotish posted:

At least that'll make getting the "fight with three kingdoms simultaneously" title easier?

Yeah I got that title, although I don't need it for the Tall and Handsome way of life. I joined that faction because it already had 5 female officers.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Max is impressed with his new way of life.

Verviticus posted:

was DW8E as buggy as people were complaining about or is the PC version mostly playable?

They fixed the worst of it.

The main problem now is being so far behind the Japanese version in patches. The US versions are missing a lot of small improvements.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Fat Samurai posted:

So, did he grew a couple of inches or did he start lying all of a sudden?

Possibly.

His son inherited his Tall and Handsome genes though.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I picked up a skill that lets you take over an enemy tower. Nice to have around when the enemy drops one in a good position.

One of the things I do now is only use skills I either start with, pick up from way of life changes, or get from my spouse/blood siblings.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 10, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

7seven7 posted:

How do I spend the bonus points I acquired? I know you spend them on bonuses for the next Empire mode you start, but I've tried starting a whole bunch of different scenarios and I haven't been given the option to spend them.

You can buy tactics, weapons & items from Options in the starting menu.

Then you can start with them unlocked when creating a new campaign.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Yuan Shao wins!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
How do you get the transfer kingdoms titles?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Lotish posted:

Okay, is the Usurper title busted or something? I just used it and successfully joined another kingdom. I also overcame a huge soldier deficit (started with 10k against 48k, and got 12k in reinforcements), but I didn't get credit for that either. How are you supposed to get Great Authority if you can't get Usurper? Is it badly translated and you're supposed to do something else, like Secede?

edit: I even got the trophy for a betrayal, but not the title. WTH?

You need to perform Betray Rebel as one of Prefect, Strategist or Marshal.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 13, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I needed the Rumors command for a Way of Life and invited Cao Ren. Next month ticks over and Cao Ren decides he doesn't like the Ruler and leaves.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Serving a negative virtue ruler can be amusing.

So many officers get executed after battles. :gibs:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Another list of Ways of Life requirements I came across.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a198093/many-ways-to-live-achievement.htm?showguides=1

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Guo Jia executing all the ladies. :commissar:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Tall and Handsome Max leads the Tallsome unit I uploaded.

His solders are short fat guys dressed in green.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

ZeusCannon posted:

How do you do this?

Also I just joined a kingdom right off the bat and have been playing loyal retainer but now I am a prefect and I have some various territory and the guy I am working for is beginning to annoy me so I'm debating just straight killing him off.

There's will be an extra option for individual orders in the pause menu.

One annoying thing is they tend to ignore your orders if already fighting someone.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Will be able to give those guest officer scrubs I saved that came with Ordinary Man a mid-tier WoL. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

BenRGamer posted:

So, I've been playing the heck out of 8 Empires lately, and it is amazingly fun. Except when I can't get promoted. Even when I'm a sworn sibling of the ruler. Up til now it's been interesting.

Through a set of odd coincidences, Chen Gong wound up in control of Dong Zhuo's force (Cao Cao conquered him, then I got a quest to assassinate him). I figured that was too interesting to pass up, and went to join faction. Except now I can't really help him win quickly, because I can't make invasions, because I'm not a prefect. And, apparently, I can't be promoted to a prefect (despite me having a good 20 levels on all officers in the force) because he already has 5 and apparently they don't know how to demote/fire people. I'd jump ship to another faction to try to take out a prefect and jump back, but because we're sworn siblings, Chen Gong would run out with me, completely abandoning being a ruler as well to serve the other guy.

It's kind of funny, and kind of annoying.

I am loving the Arm Cannon and the Siege Spear. I've got the Arm Cannon as my main weapon, but I hate most of the 'I'm Dying' animations the Cannon's Rage/Musou moves have, but the Siege Spear ones are awesome and make a good thematic backup weapon.

You should be able to slander them so they get demoted.

It's what I do whenever the ruler promotes a generic.