Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Just bought DW7 to play with a friend, really enjoying it but it seems like we'll be done before long.

Does Orochi 3 have online co-op as well? Seems like the next logical step. I'm loving these games but it's really easy to just burn through all of the content. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Haruharuharuko posted:

Like just the story missions? Because if your just playing those you are missing out. There's like 40-60 hours of content per game depending on how much your willing to level up random person X and their weapons.

The "Conquest" mode is what we play online, which I didn't think were the actual story missions.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Haruharuharuko posted:

That's only like what? 40-50% of the game the rest being split between Story and post story mission (aka What if stories), and depending on what version you have either a legends or xtreme legends type mode.

I can play those later I guess, I'm really only concerned with the co-op though.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

this new orochi warriors game is pretty cool

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Chachi posted:

Oh. :negative:

While we're on the subject, can anyone who's played Toukiden tell me about it? Are the controls better than monster hunter?

the controls are literally identical

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

2 isn't available outside Japan yet but I've heard favourable things and the open world + speedy Monster Hunter makes it feel similar to Dragon's Dogma.

"Dragon's Dogma" is taking it a bit far, the overworld is very simplified, but Toukiden 2 by far has the most satisfying and rewarding combat in the entire subgenre. The game isn't long enough for me to recommend paying fullprice for it at the moment (holy poo poo 7.5kY is always a bad sign for games), but I'd absolutely recommend the base game at $50 when it comes overseas, even though a sequel will come out with more content.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Xarbala posted:

I'm super hype for Toukiden 2 and hope it has a lot more robust character customization

it has an actually needlessly deep level of customization for a hunting action title, sliders and loving everything, so you're in luck

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Toukiden was ported fairly quickly I thought?

March/April for the consoles, June/July for Steam.

Toukiden2 is real good and will probably look amazing on steam where it wont have to suffer from frame drops (there are so many particle effects that even on ps4 you get classic slowdown, which idk if i love or am appalled at)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

It's a niche game were 90%+ of their market base is consoles/handheld. Play it on console/handheld please.

This fits for Touki1, but Touki2 was very much designed almost entirely ground-up for console play and will benefit massively from a pc port IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Motto posted:

what went wrong there?

Touki2 is not sandbox open world, it's a series of paths inside of somewhat larger environments. It's a step up from MH, but a far cry from true "open world" gameplay.

I assume this is the 'problem', at least.