Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007
I'm having a hard time finding the relevant information I want, was hoping you guys could help.

I haven't played Dynasty Warriors in... a long time. Like, PS2 early. I saw DW8 was coming out Tuesday and was wondering if it's being well-received or not.

The last one I played was when they put in a bit of territory stuff to the missions... and the pop-in was TERRIBLE. Practically unplayable.

Am I gonna get a similar experience in 8 or is this actually "A Good Game"? I should note I'm also getting it to play online with a friend so is there any online thing I should be worried about?

edit: v

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's my favorite DW game yet, by a pretty good margin. It still has has many of the usual DW problems (I didn't notice if the pop-in was worse or better than usual, but I do know you can see enemy generals from like halfway across the map if they are in line of sight), but its extremely varied in weapon sets, has a lot of really good stages, and is just overall about as good as DW can get.

gently caress yeah, that's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.

Blarfo fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007
Two questions about DW8.

Can you not get allies in Ambition mode online if you're playing as the second player? And also, what does adding supervisors to a structure do anyway?