Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

gschmidl posted:

Yeah, slow. Apparently 98 mode restricts it to a single core.

That would make sense. One of the other current fixes is to start the game, open task manager, then force priority to high and set affinity to just a single core.

Alacron posted:

Here's something that I read on the Steam forums that seems to work for me:

1. Set compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
2. Set Priority to High
3. Set Affinity to only 1 core

2 & 3 need to be done in the Task Manager, under the Details tab. Look for Launch.exe and right click to change the Priority and Affinity options. Unfortunately I don't know how to make these changes permanent and I have to do 2 & 3 every time I load up the game, but I haven't run into any problems or slowdown since I started doing this.

I did this, except for step 1 and it worked for me and I didn't really notice too much of a performance hit (running Windows 8 myself).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Static Rook posted:

They'll stop to fight Unit Commanders and other named guys. At the start of the battle wipe out as many of those as you can in that big area around your main camp. You can ignore the bridge engineers event, I've never had them fail even on Chaos. Just keep wiping out commanders and named guys until the generals come out. You have to babysit them along their path and keep taking out commanders to keep them moving. After you turn the first guy a whole wave of named guys come at you. Also, if you leave Lu Bu alone too long in the center path he'll get wrecked by the ballistae.

To follow up on this, you can totally ignore the whole defecting generals if you just want to finish the stage. Not only do they get hung up on generic commanders, they also get torn apart like tissue paper if you aren't watching them. That in itself would be so bad, but as mentioned if you babysit them and not Lu Bu he gets murdered by ballistae which will fail the map.

Speedball posted:

What's the difference between Temper and Weapon Fusion?

Temper takes all of a weapons attributes and mashes them into the target weapon. If the target weapon has the same attribute (say it has Cyclone 1 and you mash in another Cyclone) they'll stack. If there are empty slots then they'll get filled with the attributes you don't have. If there are more attributes than free spaces I believe it is random which ones you end up. All of this takes Weapon Materials to do.

Weapon Fusion allows you to take attributes from one weapon and replace them with attributes from another weapon. So you can take a weapon with Agility and replace it with Jubiliation from another weapon. You can also add +1 to attack or change the affinity. All of this takes Gems to do.

For both options, the weapon you take attributes from gets destroyed, so keep that in mind.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Chevalier Cat posted:

Is there even a legitimate reason to hold onto weapon materials in XL? Weapon fusion (which uses gems) seems far superior to temper and I've never used reforge.

Also, Yu Jin and Chen Gong are the best new characters by a long shot, particularly the former. Zhu Ran's EX weapon move set is atrocious.

Fusion is good for removing the RNG about getting properties onto the weapon you want. Instead of constantly reloading a blacksmith and hoping to get the weapon you want with only the properties you want, now you can grab one that's good enough and use Fusion to replace properties you don't want.

That being said, Temper can also be used to help increase attributes that can stack (like Jubilation) so you can spend more gems doing +1 damage upgrades once you've run out of the need for facility materials.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Maleketh posted:

You pick one character to play (and can change to anyone you unlock, as normal), and keep, is memory serves, 35 officers: 34 generics and 1 unique. (This number makes sense with the mechanics used in part 2.)

I just started part 2, and I kept 4 playable officers (all from my character's normal faction) and 43 generic officers. It seems random which playable ones you keep as well; it does not appear to prioritize people you have bonds with.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

HenryEx posted:

Just finished a stage with 2200 KOs and i am still at level 0 in Fortune Hunter. Yup.

Also, i'm getting a strange back screen in Wu Story at Battle of Guangling. When i select "Change Officer" in the pre-battle portion, the screen chances to black, and not the crashy kind! I can at any time still press Start+Select to return to the main menu.
But it happens EVERY TIME i try to change officer (and nowhere else), and now i'm stuck with a terrible choice for this level. :(

The only way I got around this was, instead of hitting Continue on the stage, to go back into the Stage Select and just repick the stage I was on. That let me pick a different character (though I am sure Change Officer would have still blacked me out).

ExMortis posted:

I'm not really understanding bonds. Dudes' bars get maxed pretty fast but I don't seem to get the events very often. It seems like once the bar is maxed you just get the events at random whether they're your bodyguard or not? Then there's no real indication if someone is maxed?

Each 'bar' of bond gives you one event, regardless of if the general is your bodyguard or not. The problem is you can only get 1 event every time you return to camp, so if you are going out, maxing 3 guys in a series of fights, and then switching them out for 3 fresh guys it is going to take awhile to see the events.

What I eventually did was just started going in and running 1 single Skirmish on Ultimate (or whatever the highest level you can easily complete is). That would net me the bond event, whatever I got for deploying troops, and I could collect gold/feed animals/etc. That's pretty much how I maxed out all of my buildings, since I could trade weapon materials for 2 building materials.

Speedball posted:

Woo, Tonquetai unlocked and all facilities maxed out---now I don't know what the hell I'm doing in this new mode! Argh!

You talk to the minister to fight the new battles. That's how you get "new" officers. The goal is to get 100% subjugation, which can take several battles depending on your difficulty and how thoroughly you capture everything. You might still need to run the stages several times regardless to get all the officers again.

If people desert you because they retreat, you can do the old battles to find them again.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bloodly posted:

So, making death weapons. What do you prefer as combinations?

The FAQ linked earlier is pretty solid advice. That being said, I always use the following:

Jubilation - the health recovery is especially useful when chaining Ambition mode battles
Cyclone - being able to do damage through blocks really speeds things up
Induction - not really mandatory, I just like riding around swinging my weapon and watching mooks get hit with tons of lightning

I'll add Velocity for any weapon that feels too slow, otherwise I just pile on whatever damage dealers strike my fancy.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bloodly posted:

My issue is almost the opposite. Of course you keep your EX weapon, the problem is not using one specific secondary on everyone ever-Lu Bu's halberd is obvious, but things like Sun Jian's weapon or the harp. Compatibility isn't a concern, so you can go so crazy.

Of course, most of this is because we have everything open from the start, that wasn't the case in normal 8. We'd have to unlock people to use their weapon and use them in Ambition, for instance.

I generally try to keep my characters with their Ex weapon and a second 4 star weapon that "feels" right, for lack of a better word. For instance, I've got Ma Chao with his spear and as a backup is using Wei Yan's double volgues. I tried his other 4 star options, but most just didn't appeal to me (some of the larger weapons just look a bit off to me on the more normal officer bodies).

I know I don't really have to use the 4 star weapons, but I kind of feel like if I didn't I wouldn't be forced to experiment and would end up with everyone using the same secondary.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

So do I have to complete dw8 ambition mode to get to xl ambition mode? Seems like a really lovely tedious slog. Whats the fastest way through?

Yes, you do need to finish normal ambition to get to XL ambition. Just how tedious it is depends a lot on how leveled your character is and how good your weapon(s) are. I started off at level 1, but eventually you unlock the blacksmith enough to get really overpowered weapons, and then things just snowball.

Additionally, lowering the difficulty helps immensely and doesn't really impact the rewards that much. I eventually settled into a loop of doing ~5 battles to make sure I got at least one duel, then went back to camp to collect my rewards/change bodyguards/build structures.

I don't know what the "optimal" way to go is, but I'd do something like:

1) Work on officers/fame until you unlock the merchant (don't use officers to strengthen bodyguards as it will slow this down)
2) Do supply runs, trade weapon materials for facility materials at the merchant
3) Upgrade the blacksmith until you get Weapon Fusion
4) Use Weapon Fusion to make a godly 4th weapon

At that point grinding out the rest of the stuff becomes pretty painless. I started doing just a single Skirmish on Ultimate to grind out materials before returning to camp, mostly because I had a million bond events to clear and you only get one of those per return.

Whatever you do, save the Merchant for last. You really want to keep his 2 weapon for 1 facility exchange rate until you've maxed out all the other buildings and stockpiled enough to finish off the merchant itself.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Schneider Heim posted:

How about trying to repair your files?

Does anyone have any tips for Ambition Mode XL, namely, how to prevent your officers from dying? I got Yuan Shao and he got beat the second time I sent him out :(

Officers seem really fragile, even on lower difficulty levels. Once I got the achievements for subjugating a place in 2 battles I've only been doing low difficulty runs, because you need to do the battles 3-4 times anyway to get all the officers out of them anyway. It helps a little bit, but you can still run into situations where everything seems fine and then 5 guys all rout before you can react.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ambivalent posted:

It isn't so bad. Set it to Beginner, put on a TV show or something, and get a character with a horse and do skirmish maps over and over. You can clear skirmish maps in less than 30 seconds easy. It's still 100 battles for the super (terrible) elephant but oh well. You can save between battles and turn off the game and it still counts as consecutive too, so there's that.

I mean, I agree, it wasn't fun but far from the worst grind.

For me, the worst grind is XL Ambition mode - I've subjugated 100% of the land and 'finished' the mode, but I still have to go back and play battles over and over to recollect all the playable officers, because the game only lets one playable officer enemy appear per subjugation battle.

I did Ambition mode on Beginner/Easy, just because that way hitting 100% subjugation would usually mean I'd gotten all the officers out of it. I still ended up short 3 officers, and had to go back looking for them after I was 'done'.

It's too bad, I really liked the idea of having my own army helping fight the battles, but that "retreating generals are set free" gimmick can go eat a dick. Even on Beginner with a totally twinked out character there were stages where one of my commanders would get wrecked before I could get to them. It also doesn't help that they don't call out for assistance like they do in other modes.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Michaellaneous posted:

Ah, that is this Earth, man, etc thingie? I not really noticed a star per se, but I do got a few storm rushs. It's when you stand in place and just gently caress that dude up?

So I have to wait for them to attack. Makes sense.

Blue crystal/star means your weapon has the advantage over the enemy (you do more damage, they do less). Smack him around until all the blue pieces are gone and you will trigger a Storm Rush.

Red warning sign means your weapon is at a disadvantage (you do less damage, they do more). It means the enemy can charge up to Storm Rush YOU, which is a good time to pull off the weapon switch.

Eventually you can just making completely unfair weapons in Ambition mode that will basically trivialize this system for most of the lower difficulties.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Davincie posted:

Her Musou is really cool. Also I've never heard her say anything about a son, husband on the other hand about 50 times per battle.

Those 30 consecutive battles you gotta do in ambition mode for the good horses, can you save and turn off the game in between them as long as you don't go to camp? Also how do you guys deal with the time limit. I'm fine on not dying and beating them up, but travelling just takes too much time especially with that one map where you gotta go all the way around to a cliff and jump off.

I was pretty overleveled when I did it, but the basic strategy is 4 star weapon stacked with level 10 attributes through weapon fusion (cyclone, jubilation, possibly velocity, then fill the rest with damage boosts) + lowest difficulty + only run skirmishes.

It also helps to use the fastest horse you can (you can change an animal mid-battle once you unlock the special horses) and if you really need to you can load up on bodyguards with the Gather Supplies skill.

And yes, you can save the game and leave, as long as you don't go back to camp.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Verviticus posted:

i got the ability to reforge, do fusion and temper, and while it's obvious what they do, it's not really obvious how to use them without just pissing away resources. its like 2/3 of my total gems to add 1 attack to a weapon, and my blacksmith still isn't selling anything higher than tier 2 weapons. do t3+ only drop?

on top of this: are there specifically any good elements that I should be watching out for?

Fusion is what you want to do, but don't bother upping attack power at first. What you want to do is stack attributes to 10, like Cyclone and Jubilation to load up extra damage on a 4th tier weapon.

If the blacksmith hasn't unlocked them yet (I'm not sure when it happens in Ambition mode) go to Story mode. If you've unlocked any of the later battles that have a blacksmith before you fight, you can crank up the difficulty to Ultimate and he should start selling better weapons. Buy what you want, save, then go back to Ambition mode.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Stelas posted:

Throwing knives kind of suck until you get some good elemental effects on them, though. They're fun to use but the lack of stagger or knockback can mean you just get smacked in the face sometimes.

For giggles I dumped Velocity 10 on some knives (so Jubilation 10, Cyclone 10, Velocity 10, and 3 elemental effects) and they are just ridiculous.

I'm still trying to get everyone's 4-star EX weapon maxed out, because I am crazy, but I really understand the love for throwing knives now.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Broose posted:

-Is ambition mode suppose to be a total slog? I started with a level 1 Guan Yinping but it has been so slow going cause there are no good weapons ever. Officers start taking minutes to whittle down, god forbid they get block happy, then I'm there forever. Got any tips for starting out or maybe getting good weapons at low level?

If you're starting out in Ambition mode (as in, no levels and default weapons) you really should lower the difficulty. Even Normal is going to be a slog, especially once you start doing multiple battles in a row. Things get a lot better once you get 3-4 star weapons, have leveled up some of your skills, and if you've equipped a good animal (be sure to get your DLC animals from the blacksmith!).

If you're going to do Ambition without doing story mode first, I'd recommend only doing about 5 battles at a time to get the duel and free weapon (which can be unique) before returning to camp.

The other way to get a jump on a good weapon is to find a stage that starts off with blacksmith and crank the difficulty up to Ultimate and see what he has on sale. I know the 2nd Lu Bu stage at that difficulty will sell 3 or 4 star weapons, if you have 10-12k to drop on one.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

PureRok posted:

I think it's only unique per gender. So all men get the same bonds and all women get the same bonds, but not each others.

This is correct. I maxed all the playable character bonds with Ma Chao, and now ever other male character has the same bonds. The female characters however have no bonds.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Dewgy posted:

If it's as easy to cheese gems as it sounds like it is, that sounds like the simplest way to make really broken weapons by exploiting bonds. 500 gems for +1 attack ain't so bad if you're getting thousands upon thousands easily. :eng101:

It takes about 60 consecutive battles on Hard (50 on Chaos) to end up with 9000+ gems, and the cap on those is 9999. If you've already got a decently leveled character with a 4 star weapon, it should take about an hour to do that if you're only doing the Skirmish battles.

I don't know how many gems you get from bonds, but the issue there is that the PC bonds require multiple return trips to the camp to get them to fire. So even if you grind from 0 to 100 bond in one string of battles, you still have to start and return to camp 3 times per officer to get all the bond events.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Dewgy posted:

10 Velocity, 10 Induction, 10 Cyclone, 10 Morass, 10 whatever it is that makes you gain health on every hit, 10 some element.

It's fun to play with different builds of weapons but mine all end up coming out pretty similar to that.

Also, hurrah! The JP voice pack is up for PS4! Handy excuse to pick DW8 up again some.

I always did 10 Cyclone, 10 Jubilation, 10 Velocity (optional), then filled the rest with 10 Induction/Inferno/Thunder/Flash/Slash. I am a crazy person though, so I made a level 4 weapon of every type with maxed out stats, so everyone could have their Ex weapon.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Maleketh posted:

Different people like to assign weapons differently. Personally, I like to use one of a character's EX weapon and one of a different kind with which the character has maximum compatibility, both of different elements.

I like to mostly follow this pattern as well. Everyone gets their EX weapon, then I pick a second max compatibility weapon that I find aesthetically pleasing for that character (usually something to feels natural for their model, but sometimes its just something I find hilarious).

It's kind of time consuming, especially if you're crazy and load up everyone's weapons with rank 10 abilities, but I found I enjoyed the game more when I didn't have to keep going "I don't want to play with X, he doesn't have any decent weapons".

Endorph posted:

A Dynasty Warriors Let's play would be the most boring thing on the planet.

I think a RoTK LP could work, if you have someone who can write a decent narrative around the characters and what's happening in game. There's also a fair amount of mechanics/strategies you could explain, depending on the version you were playing.

DW though would be pretty hard to do. As much as I like playing it, I am not sure it would be very fun to watch.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

PureRok posted:

I wasn't really expecting the DLC to cost this much. Most DLC I've seen that was similar to this never gets anywhere near even $5, and they're charging $13 for wallpapers?

The wallpapers are ridiculous, but some of the other stuff isn't that out of line. For instance, a DLC for Saints Row 4 that includes 2 outfits and 1 weapon skin is $2.99 whereas for $4.99 in DW8 you get 12 stages and 77 weapons.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Brony Hunter posted:

According to Koei's official Twitter, DW8 Empires is getting a full English dub when it's released. Which is surprising, given it's a spin off and a main series game like SW4 didn't get a dub. Not complaining, mind, I really enjoyed the dubs of DW7 and 8.

First it comes out on PC, and now you tell me it's going to be dubbed to boot? What is this strange world that I've woken up in?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Drakenel posted:

Oh my GOD the engrish in this game. I am rolling. Misplaced words, wrong order, flat out using the wrong terms. Oh sure, nothing got past their spellcheck, but that's hardly the issue.

Yeah, I started noticing that when it looked like the "officer has noticed you" pop ups were in the wrong order. Then another officer told me that "they owed me once" when I helped them out on a quest.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Lotish posted:

Yes. I've got so many of those little custom factions invading my kingdom right now. drat you Conan, Fenris, John Sanch, et. al! :argh:

How do the visiting officers/factions work on the PC anyway? I saw the setting to turn them off, but I'm more curious as to where they come from. It is kind of neat to see other people's officers randomly show up (and I hope mine shows up for others at some point), though I do wish I could remove some of the dumb ones like "WWWWWW" or "New Officer".

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bloodly posted:

They'll just turn up, quietly, in and around your games, as long as you have the options set to allow them to show up(You pick at the start of a new campaign). You can set who'll they'll appear in place of-famous guys, generics, and none at all.

On the bolded: who did you make? I'll keep an eye out. For myself, my particular don't-look-like-them-at-all monstrosities are Soul Nomad characters. Let me know if you see them.

Whenever a RTK/DW game has a custom officer mode, I always make an old man called Ma Nemo. I'm just always amused at the thought of some old guy who should be retired still going around beating up all the young-punk "heroes".

So far I haven't found anyone really notable though, just a couple of random female officers (it's easier to spot those).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bloodly posted:

They'll just turn up, quietly, in and around your games, as long as you have the options set to allow them to show up(You pick at the start of a new campaign). You can set who'll they'll appear in place of-famous guys, generics, and none at all.

On the bolded: who did you make? I'll keep an eye out. For myself, my particular don't-look-like-them-at-all monstrosities are Soul Nomad characters. Let me know if you see them.

Just to follow up on this, I did figure out how to upload my officer (reading the manual pays off, who would have thought?) so now people should have a chance of Ma Nemo popping up in their games.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

nutranurse posted:

It's a better dynasty warriors game than dynasty warriors 8 (because empires is all combat all the time with some fun strategy lightly sprinkled on top--it's more or less infinitely replayable, the limit being how much dynasty warriors you can stomach), but I'd still wait for a sale. If you're jonesing real hard for your dynasty warriors fix, though, it's a must-have.

Adding to this, if you liked some of the older RoTK games where you got to play a single officer and level them up, this is a decent substitute for one of those. It's missing some of the elements that would really make it great, but I still enjoy starting out as a wanderer then ending up as head of the country due to being a bad rear end.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

nutranurse posted:

See, I didn't want to big up the RoTK elements of 8:E because I loving love RoTK and 8:E (and all of the empires games really) just never come close (despite my dream game basically being RoTK 8 or 10 with a Dynasty Warriors portion for the battles). :saddowns:

That said, the non-combat side of 8:E is surprisingly robust and deep enough to give you some things to do besides mashing buttons. Also the strategems are nice, they're so much more useful than any previous iteration (they were in dynasty warriors 7 empires, right?) and so fun to collect and employ.

It all depends on which kind of RoTK you want. You're right, this isn't really close to 8 or 10 in terms of strategy; it's much closer to something like 7 where the focus is on building up your guy. It definitely gives me that old "drat it, I just want to level up my cities, stop attacking me" feeling though!

And the stratagems are pretty nice. I really like Fire Attack/Inferno because they make taking the bases a lot easier.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Static Rook posted:

Holy poo poo, this. I took my created Swagsuke from a free officer up to Sun Jian's marshall. No matter what I did, each month we were in the red. Then I realized there were like 30+ people in our employ, so I did some cost cutting. Now I can finally hold a banquet and keep people happy.

Don't forget to Upload your officer so it can annoy other players! You can also download other people's officers and add them to your collection, if you find any that aren't terrible monstrosities.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Largepotato posted:

Do any of the patches adjust the difficulty of Hard? I've found hard is too easy while chaos just doesn't look fun to play at all.

About all I can think of doing is handicapping myself by not using items or good weapons.

Normal was also super easy, especially with a 2-star weapon I got from a quest (which worked well until I had about 2/3 of China under my thumb). I haven't minded too much though; this was supposed to be my learning run before going up to higher difficulties.

I'll definitely be unlocking some weapons for my next playthrough though; it didn't see, like the AI built any blacksmiths on their own, so I had to give up 6 months building them once I took over in order to get a strong enough weapon.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bloodly posted:

Pc, because I've seen those eyes myself. The textures...I can presume are from normal soldier parts, which were about as bad in DW8Complete itself.

In all fairness though, I'm having a really hard time getting the eyes on my created character to look decent.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I was going through the available created officers on the PC last night, and I have to applaud whomever made Mew Bu.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Toothache posted:

The range on those towers is pretty significant, since you can even place it between two adjacent bases and it can easily target both in most cases. OTOH, the Cover Fire Large Scale Stratagem seems to be a full battle version of a tower, so even range won't be an issue if you really don't want to worry about it.

I really like the Large Scale fire attack stratagem, at least when I'm leading the army. Once it goes off I can order my guys to charge and they just start tearing through the weakened enemies.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Lotish posted:

I was spared a Sephiroth, in exchange for an AAAAANew Unit headed by New Officer taking over about three territories and being generally bland.

Created characters are a wonderful mismatch of terrible self-inserts, copies of characters from other media, attempts by people who couldn't figure out the editor, and a handful of characters that mesh well with the setting.

It's both amazing and terrible to behold, though I am making it a point to copy any decent characters I come across so that one day I can turn off the random crap and just use the ones I've hand picked.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Largepotato posted:

Yeah I got that title, although I don't need it for the Tall and Handsome way of life. I joined that faction because it already had 5 female officers.

I managed to do that as a Free Officer, just by spamming interact every time I moved to a city that had a female officer in it. One thing to note for anyone else doing that: if you marry someone who is serving in a kingdom, it immediately forces you to join their kingdom even if you already had a vagabond unit.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So Zhuge Liang decided to be a huge bro and give me the Wind Altar tactic. I didn't think much of it at first, until I realized that using it once set the weather to Gale which doubled the effectiveness of all of my Fire Attacks.

It's a little pricey needing to use 2 tactics, but if you drop the altar right outside your starting base so you have more time to recover TP it's not too bad (plus you only need to use one altar).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

7seven7 posted:

How do I spend the bonus points I acquired? I know you spend them on bonuses for the next Empire mode you start, but I've tried starting a whole bunch of different scenarios and I haven't been given the option to spend them.

There are additional options on the menu where you pick your difficulty, which created officers you use, etc. You have to hit a button (at work, can't check) to change to the next page of options.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Airspace posted:

I have no one on my friends list who play DW8 and I routinely drown in CAW units. It'd be more awesome if they weren't usually guys named "New Officer" who have custom midget soldiers.

As long as you have the settings turned on (they're on by default) you'll basically get whatever CAWs or Units other people on Steam have made.

It is rather hit and miss, but the nice thing is that you can copy any CAWs you really like to your game so that you can have them in your future playthroughs.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Lotish posted:

I have played Empires about five times through now and I have yet to experience a single crash, actually.

I've had it crash once or twice, usually when I trigger a rage/musou attack with a ton of people on screen. It hasn't happened nearly as often as that bug in XL at release that would crash me loading stages.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Policenaut posted:

Holy poo poo, yes! It's been so long since Nobunaga's Ambition got an overseas release! I'm giving KT all my loving money these days.

edit: Press release is out. September 1st for North America, 4th for Europe. The PS4 version gets a retail release, PC and PS3 are digital-exclusive. Check out the features and see more English screenshots in the link.

Now, if only they'd give me another RoTK game on PC I could die happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Well, I'll be damned. Guess I know what I'll be getting as soon as it's released!