Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Anyone playing Pokemon Conquest? I just picked it back up after a few weeks. Is there a strategy to delegating? I feel like I should be setting all my cities to 'search' but I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

More Conquest.. did you guys evolve your eevee? I was thinking of going with leafeon since I don't have a strong grass type yet.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I seem to remember the original PS2 Samurai Warriors being a lot like that too, you had to play some stages a couple of times before you knew where you had to be at the right time, otherwise you were screwed.

The castle sections in SW1 soured my taste for the series, even though people have told me they aren't as bad in later installments

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This was a while back but, I don't think DW should end with 7. But they do need to bring back the difficulty of the older games if (when) they continue.

I was playing WO1 a few weeks ago and it's almost impossible to start a fresh save on normal. That's the thing I miss the most.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I hope DW8 returns to previous difficulties, they do no favors making an already repetitive game too easy.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've decided to finally plat Basara 3, I got a couple of doozies left to pick up, see you in 3 months

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just platted Basara 3 :hehe:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

5er posted:

You must go to sleep with Mitsunari screaming "IIIEEEEYAAASUUUUUUUUU..." echoing about in your head.

Luckily I did most of the work years ago when I first played, I only had to get his 2 special weapons. That and when I'm grinding I usually mute the game and listen to something else

Policenaut posted:

Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can still hear the sand samurai's lines as I try to speed run his stages for higher level weapons.

THIS LAND OF FANTASY, THIS LAND OF WIND AND SAND IS MINE!

Someday I will buy Utage and HD Collection. The 5 Basara platinums must be collected.

I dunno about Utage, but I do want that HD collection..

I found the Karasu Castle stage better for weapons/xp, I had a crazy run of getting 6 fugitives in a row with my lowest level guy (like 70 something), with the xp items equipped he gained 4-5 levels each time. I also got really lucky getting daimyo helms while working on other stuff. What a cool game, I'm glad I came back to it. Did they make events skippable in Utage?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

quote:

Keywords for the fourth game include “Sengoku Creation” and “Enter a New Chapter.”

And "skippable cutscenes"

PLEASE

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This has probably been answered a million times, but what is the difference between vanilla DW8 and Xtreme Legends on the psn store? Is legends the full game with bonus features?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Thanks for the clarification, all. I only have ps3 so I probably won't be buying both, I never used to get XL versions anyway. Another FYI, the base game is $60 on psn but 40 at retailers. :cheers:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ambivalent posted:

How does the DW8XLCE whatever PC port look to run? I've never played a PC version of a musou game, so I don't know how they compare to the console versions, how good the ports are, etc. Can you map stuff to a X-Box 360 or PS3 controller if you have the right hardware?

Also, I know this is a long shot but is there any word on the RTK franchise re: any Western release ever for the previous or upcoming version? I don't think I've played a version since RTK XI and I loved that.

I played 6 and Orochi 1 on pc and both allow 360/other controller support. I wanna say 360 automapped for both of them too. They look better than the console versions but that's not all that impressive, still noticeable tho.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DW7 was in the steam cache for a while and never came out, just saying :q:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

What did they do to the crafting system in DW8? It's not good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've had DW8 for about a week now and I think 7 was better in every possible way. The story was told better, the menus and options were more clearly defined, and what is up with the weapon crafting system? That's real bad. I'll still plat this out of sheer retard will and stubbornness.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dewgy posted:

Ambition Mode is also really fun so far. Had to start off as Pang Tong because he's a crazy weirdo with a sweet hat, and it sucked to see him kick it in the main campaign. Few things in this game feel more badass than recruiting five playable officers in a single fight. :black101:

Ambition Mode is pretty great, yeah. It seems they spent the most time on it and it became the main draw over the campaign

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 13, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Okay, DW8 Huang Gai is pretty loving awesome

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

Do he still have the crazy wrestling moves that have a crowd chanting for him? Please say yes, I'm still downloading the game.

Yes, and his weapon is a boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This weapon I just got has Aggression listed twice, and each one says it has a different effect