Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
You say WO3 is only available for the PS3. It's also out on the Xbox360 in the West. I have a physical copy of the 360 version in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

VaultAggie posted:

DW3 is probably my favorite of the bacth, not only because it actually had non-english dub acting that I could pretend was good but a loving awesome soundtrack. I enjoyed Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi but they lacked a certain charm that DW had. DW gundam was loving terrible in my opinion because of how utterly bland all the characters and weapons were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaJVePKDfMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1BJTL9nXEM

Man, those are so nostalgic. I played the poo poo out of DW3, and then didn't really get into the series again until 6. I played a lot of SW and SW2 in between, though.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

ExMortis posted:

I ran a test on this just now since it sounded pretty troubling to my OCD and leveled Susanoo from 24 to 25 in battle, then reset and leveled by growth points. Looked like this:

Battle: +5 life, +5 attack, +5 defense, +2 musou
GP: +6 life, +5 attack, +5 defense, +2 musou

So assuming I didn't write it down wrong during the battle, growth points seem to be a little better, actually. (?!)

edit re: importing SBHD
I always used Playasia.com to import stuff, just checked and they have it for like $61, and "Asian" version for $45.

People did a lot of tests with this on Gamefaqs going from level 1 to 99. They found that each level seemed to get a random amount of stats within a range and they always ended up with their stats the same +/-5 points or something.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't even know what a Wii U is so I'll just wait for the next 360/PS3 release.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Maybe they should just span all of China's military history and get it out of the way.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I see Bladestorm is available for both PS3 and 360. Is one noticeably better than the other (bugs, graphical issues/quality, etc.)?

I noticed the PS3 version is $20 cheaper on Amazon.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I have 7 on the 360 (Didn't have a PS3 at the time). What do I lose if I get 7 XL since it's PS3 only? Is it worth even getting without having 7 on the PS3?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

SirPhoebos posted:

To be fair, 7 was literally the first game to include Jin at all. If the formation of Jin got covered at all it was "Oh and then Sima Yi betrays Wei, here's one mission where that plays out." I don't know about the first Dynasty Warrior game, but I'd bet that the Shu, Wei, and Wu rosters were missing a number of important figures.

The first Dynasty Warriors game was a fighter.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Chachi posted:

If they sell out like this I would honestly never buy another thing they made ever. So loving sick of zombies in everything.

How would that be selling out? I actually wouldn't mind a zombie army. It's basically what they are already. But then, I'm one of those people who still enjoys zombies.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I actually really liked DW6 and it was my favorite until DW7 came out. I still prefer the Renbu system, though.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Dynasty Warriors 6 came out for PC in English. 7 is out on PC as well, I believe, but I don't think it's been released in English. So... Yes. 6 would be your best bet, but you can also get Samurai Warriors 2 (only released in Europe, as far as I can tell) and Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper, but those are PS2 era, while DW6 is 360/PS3.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Belzac posted:

The problem with 6 is that it's a bad game.

Don't listen to this. It's actually the second best of the series after DW 7.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, who's this guy? I think I like the look of him. And he's a spear user, so that's a plus.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Zhang He is one of my favorite characters and I hope they don't ever get rid of his fabulousness. It actually makes him unique from the other generals, who are all either pretty boys or gruff men (e: I guess some are girls, too). Not that there's anything wrong with either, but some flavour is nice now and again. :wink:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

5er posted:

Homicidal poncy esthetic-obsessed bishy guy (e.g., Vega from SF, Kojiro's treatement in Samurai Warriors- reaching back, Kuja from FFIX) is such a common cookie cutter personality shape for a Japanese video game character that I hardly feel he's all that unique of a snowflake.

Yes, but he's unique within the series itself regardless of it's uniqueness without. Mellowing him would remove any personality he has within the series.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Holy poo poo Guan Xing's musou. :stare::fh:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Samurai Warriors 3 on Yukimura Sanada's path has him vs. the whole Tokugawa army at the end of his story. It made me shed manly tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um_lwaplL08

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm not someone who is bothered by movesets being similar between some characters since I only play a small handful of them more than long enough to unlock their stuff.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Schubalts posted:

The first Samurai Warriors had it, too. Don't know why they took it out, though.

Samurai Warriors 3 can do it as well.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The demo is awesome. The game plays super smooth. I very much enjoy my character. Time to make a lady warrior.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Man, Wen Yang looks awesome. I love his moves. Can't wait until DW8 comes out, holy poo poo.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

The GIG posted:

Just a heads up, you can screenshot in the Edit mode demo by hitting the PS button and scrolling over to pictures and hitting the screenshot option. Not useful for battle but hey.

Oh, cool. Thanks. Does this work on every game, or just some of them?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I wish they did it like the Vita and just let you press the PS button + Start and have it take a screenshot right then.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Eh. Godlike characters have been in the series at least since DW3, so it's not really anything new. (Nu Wa and that other dude were in it)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

U.T. Raptor posted:

I really like Kunoichi's musou attack, it's a shame she's an inferior Nene in every other respect (well, technically Nene's a better her, I think, but you get what I mean). Come to think of it, I don't "get" Kunoichi at all, why is a generic ninja girl literally named "female ninja" a distinct character v:confused:v

Ya, except Nene is an annoying character (I mean, her name is NE NE, for one). Kunoichi is Yukimura's subordinate because historically he supposedly had a bunch of ninjas who worked for him. I guess she's Koei's personification of that.

Wikipedia posted:

A legend says that Yukimura had ten heroes who took an active role at the battles of Osaka Castle. They were called the Sanada Ten Braves, a group of ninja, and consisted of the following members:

• Sarutobi Sasuke
  • Kirigakure Saizo
  • Miyoshi Seikai
  • Miyoshi Isa
  • Anayama Kosuke
  • Unno Rokuro
  • Kakei Juzo
  • Nezu Jinpachi
  • Mochizuki Rokuro
  • Yuri Kamanosuke

Also, Kunoichi in the first SW had a pretty awesome alternate costume.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'll never get why Chinese names are written the way they are in English. Why not write them the way they sound? Like Lian Shi. Apparently her name is pronounced "Sure" not "She". Why not write it so people can actually pronounce it without a primer on how to pronounce Chinese words written with Latin characters. Also, "Cao" as another obvious one.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Ma Chao has been my favorite character since DW4, I think.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Didn't DW7: Empires come out today on PSN in NA? I can't seem to find it on there.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Oh. So it is. I guess I somehow decided it was the 25th along the way. Never mind, then.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Jibo posted:

Like Too Bad said, it doesn't update right when it rolls over to Tuesday. Last week it updated at 11:00 PM Eastern so brace yourself for disappointment and expect to play it tomorrow like me.

I hate bullshit like this. They might as well say the game comes out on the 27th. Valve does the same thing sometimes with releases and it's supremely irritating and maybe even a little annoying.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: plus, now that I know that the PS4 won't support even digitially downloaded PS3 games, I'm hesitant to buy any more games digitally.

Well, I thought it wouldn't support physical PS3 game either. So it seems like a wash either way.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Does anyone know how much EXP it takes to get up to the next position? Ma Chao was a Common officer like me (under our leader Ma Teng), but now he's a Prefect and I'm still only Common and I have 10910 EXP. Is Ma Teng just showing preferential treatment!?

E: Also, it'll take 25,200 BP to unlock all of the clothes if I counted right.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 27, 2013

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It feels so weird to be playing a DW game at 60 fps occasionally.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So with the Export and Import options does that mean we can share our creations with the thread? I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure how it works. I'd love it if we could start sharing each others' favorite CAW characters we've made.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Interesting. If you equip the Vitality Belt, Focus Belt, and the Tortoise Amulet you only have 90% less Defence instead of 85% like I assumed.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm playing affluent and it's the same for me, especially now that I have all of the items. This game is surprisingly easy.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Here are the ones I've made so far. The last two were recently made tonight. I'm not entirely happy with Chen Zhi yet. I think she needs a bit more tweaking. I only upload the characters I've played through with. I don't know if their history gets uploaded as well, so I just make sure they have some just in case. I think the twinkly stars mean they have history, since Zhou Xin and Yi Na are the only two I've done a campaign with yet.

I try to keep them from being immersion breaking.

Zhou Xin

Yi Na

Yin Xian

Chen Zhi

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
How long after the JP release of a Warriors game does the NA version usually come out? Three months or so?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Is there a place that lists each of the provinces and what town style they have if they're your capital? I want a specific one for my next Empire, but I don't want to keep moving around the map looking for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Bloodbath posted:

Yeah I was really hoping for the Story Mode, but I'll give Legends a try. I looked in 5 shops and couldn't find DW7 anywhere and was about to go home when I saw XL in a preowned pile, I was too tired to bother reading the box and didn't realise it didn't have the story. :(

Is there no way to get DW7 on any of the ps stores? The AUS store doesn't seem to have it..

I could have sworn I saw DW7 on the US PSN.