Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Bloodly posted:

But most of those variants were introduced in DW8. DW7 XL gave Xiahou Dun back his scimitar, previously he was plain old Sword, along with Sun Quan, Sun Jian, Sima Zhao, and Cao Cao. Sima Shi, Yuan Shao, and Liu Shan were all Rapier. Only Xing Cai was fully unique, as she was in 5.

(I've just watched a full playthrough of 7 XL, so I can speak fairly clearly on this.)

Maybe they can pull it. Maybe they won't bother. I hope they do.

Then look at games before the Ex system; in 5 they had like a dozen people who used swords, all with unique movesets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

PureRok posted:

Definitely going to be playing in Chinese. I wonder if Zhao Yun will be called Zhao Zilong in the dub.

Why would they courtesy name just one dude?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Also, Samurai Warriors 4-2 is a pretty bad port - most controllers will have look left and right bound, without being able to change it in game, to left and right triggers.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Takoluka posted:

I hope the next one is called Dynasty Warriors/Shin Sangokumusou X, so the numbers can finally match.

The next one will be 10/9, then the one after it will be X and confuse everyone.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

They should implement another character editor and make every single named officer visually unique. Maybe even have a few settings, for "normal, but has at least one distinct accessory" through "completely random selection of stuff, down to choosing a random weapon/moveset"

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

If FEW had made the twin blond characters able to change class, and given promoted characters a second weapon type (just clone a similar character) it would be my favorite. The fact that they have the DLC characters, some of whom get movesets not available in the base game, show up in the plot soured it a ton for me.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

I can usually do subtitled action games, but there's so much constant meaningless chatter in a Musou that I just can't. It took me a while playing SW4-II to figure out why I felt it wasn't working for me.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Anyone remember the Arslan Warriors game?

I know it's been a long week, but the reason it's in your head is the discussion not even a dozen posts up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

7 probably has the better telling of the Shu/Wei/Wu stories, but 8 is stronger mechanically and has more variety in replays. They're complementary, as long as you are in for 2 Dynasty Warriors games.