Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So I've played a couple of Musou games, but never one of the Empire games. I started feeling the need to slaughter thousands of random soldiers the other day and picked up DW8E

oh god help me I have no idea what I'm doing what the gently caress is a way of life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lotish posted:

A Way of Life is largely a barometer of how you play the game. Is your first quest to steal poo poo or kill animals. Way of Life based on that! Do you like to use the Rest command to kill time? Way of Life! Have you gotten all the Resourceful titles and Usurper? Way of Life!

Some ways of life give you tactics, like Fiendish Beast gives you Ultimate Might, which lets you sacrifice soldiers for a massive damage and defense buff while turning Friendly Fire on. Little Conqueror gives you Lightning Speed, which increases attack and speed by like 40% and is insanely fun.

This is a pretty detailed list linked earlier that includes the tier of a Way of Life. You can only go up in tier, so once you get a tier 15 WoT, you can't get any other tier 1 through 15 WoTs.

This is really cool. Thanks!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I finally started getting into empire mode and OH MAN THE SIEGE SPEAR IS THE loving BEST I hope whoever it is at W-Force who jumped up during a design meeting and yelled out "ANCIENT CHINESE PILE BUNKER" got a raise

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Tried out hooked swords

woof, do not enjoy those

what are more weapons to try it out if I like quick, moderately hard hitting weapons? The three section staff is one of my favorites thus far, for instance.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Has there been any more about Samurai Warriors 4-II getting that US/PC release

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Samurai Warriors 4: Empires announced

NO MARRIAGE NO SALE

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Did they confirm marriage? I don't see anything about it on siliconera

having fanfic babies with historical figures is basically why I like Empires

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

This news for real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2L8Cfafrvc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
we're going from fighting with boats to being a boat

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Going to buy the terrible PC port of SW 4-2 in hopes of a terrible PC port of SW4:E

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

This Ain't Warriors XXX

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Laying odds on this being the Western franchise Warriors they were talking about recently

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jibo posted:

The only thing worse than fighting a Giant Mech in DWG or Boss in Hyrule Warriors is playing as the Giant Mech or Boss.

I really hope they go a totally different route for the gameplay. My guess is TK is going to try to make a Shadow of the Colossus type game and I really hope it flops because A. I don't care about Attack on Titan and B. God drat it get to work on the next DWG or Orochi game.

"I really hope they lose a bunch of money so they can make more games" is a nonsense thing to say

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's a monthly series written as if it was a weekly one is the problem

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if you're not going to like things because creepy weirdos like it you're not going to like anything ever

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Maleketh posted:

That does not, however, mean that I don't find said weirdos creepy.

well yeah duh of course

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sakurazuka posted:

That's what TerraFormars is for.

.....That would actually make a decent Warriors style game.

censorship mode in the options just makes giant black circles appear over every hit

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
now that I think about it has kuro ever been playable in anything?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Attacks in one piece are weird. It's different in that I have to remember certain combinations, sometimes in reverse order. Not really sure what the dash/evade button is for, does it function like samurai warriors in continuing attacks?

Yep!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kizuna sounds cooler than bond

alternatively maybe the kizuna was in katakana like a proper name

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Pirate Warriors 3 is a fun game except for having to do Enies Lobby with almost every goddamn straw hat to unlock everyone's second musou/super modes or whatever

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PureRok posted:

What's the difference between Nami's default and her W7 costume? I just unlocked it and I'm switching back and forth scratching my head trying to find a visible difference.

She has the Perfect Clima-Tact instead of the original

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Brook is fun as gently caress but I have no idea what I'm doing. Sometimes he has shadows behind him that increase his attack rate and some times he doesn't? He has some kind of parry mechanic but I can't figure out how to work it at all? I'm just hitting buttons and everything is exploding

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
getting an ally's kizuna meter to max triggers that character's hero power, I believe

it's stuff like usopp or nami bombing the battlefield

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hopefully they'll announce one

then again I need to get a new playstation for P5 next year anyway

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah he's the number one Japanese folklore hero so of course he's the central character in historical action games even if he's not as specifically, concrete impressive as, say, Honda Tadakatsu.

Also it's funny that Yukimura is just some name people invented for him later based on his dad's name, like if we just decided to call George Washington George Augustine for no reason.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

Zootopia Warriors would be a better game than Berserk Warriors. Come at me.

it'd probably have more characters

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
dynasty warriors of the wild

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Leal posted:

I'd totally be down for a Sailor Moon musou, especially if it used the original dub voice cast I don't give a gently caress

Pretty sure most of those people are no longer in the industry or, like, alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Morter posted:

Just remake SW2:E

It was the best.

Or at the very least give it a loving PC release