Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Also I'm pretty sure his interest in Christianity was based on the fact that the Christians had all the guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Policenaut posted:

What?! How?! They ran out of Sengoku history!

Basara 4 will be a completely straight-laced re-telling of James Clavell's Shogun.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Back in the DW3 days, when I first discovered the series, Guan Yu was the first one I actually beat the normal campaign with (after a number of false starts), so I've got a soft spot for him even though he is kind of slow and boring.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

EGSunBro posted:

The best warriors is Pirate Warriors 3.

I'm on board with this, I'm having a blast with it.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Mods please change my name to Bullard-Lundmark tia.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

With the Autumn Steam Sale in full swing RotK 13 is now 60% off the base game, which is the biggest discount I've seen for it. Is it worth it at that price if I liked Sphere of Influence, or does it require the power-up kit to be fun?

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Orv posted:

Speaking of movesets, finally sinking some time into SW4-2 and uh, Hattori Hanzo seems ultra busted? Like I said earlier I'm relatively new to this stuff but I vaguely recall someone saying that that might be A Thing with Warriors games. Does anyone else end up having as cool or flash a moveset in SW4-2 at least?

Kotaro Fuma's R1 attack (where he grabs the enemy's head and wrecks them) also gives a defense debuff, and when I found that up suddenly he became one of my favorite characters.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

As a word of warning to the thread, PS4 owner with PS Plus have a 50% discount on Warriors All-Stars and I am here to tell you that it is not worth it.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Reive posted:

I love the presentation and style of Spirit of Sanada, there's some downtime between battles but to me that part is enjoyable too.
Plus I think Masayuki might be my fav SW character now, too bad he wasn't in WO4.

The between-battle downtime piece took up less time as the game went on as well, I wasn't the world's biggest fan but after the introductory stuff I stopped minding it so much. Masayuki is great and I liked Sasuke a fair amount as well even if he was hard to get a hang of.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

PureRok posted:

Hopefully they get rid of Hyper Attacks and using 2 characters at once. If only one is an option then I guess we can keep Hyper Attacks.

Hopefully they don't do that, because both of those things are actually good, also they should add Yasuke.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Floyd-Chardin as Guan Yu is engraved on my soul.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

5er posted:

Reminded me of some lost, discontinued webcomic from 98 or 99 that had an awful pun about 'Asia Vampires' as a running joke. Though I suppose 'Code:Vein' is finally bringing that one to life.

One of the great disappointments of my young life is hearing one of my friends at a LAN party talking about Age of Empires and hearing "Ancient Vampires."

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Sudden Javelin posted:

Hows the Switch version of PW4? I've just beaten legend mode in PW3 on Switch, and although I'm nowhere near done with the game I'm just wondering if its noticeably worse than the other versions when I do get tempted to move on

I'm playing it and while the in-battle performance has been fine from what I've noticed (while docked), the pre-stage load times are really lengthy; I don't know how they compare to other platforms but it's noticeably long.

Ryoga posted:

Outside of that a good runner up would be the Warriors Orochi's Ryu Hayabusa theme. They could have done anything including making a new original track for him or use one of his DOA themes, but instead they remixed the stage 4-2 theme and made an already amazing track ever better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU

God yes, I was so amped the first time I heard this in WO3, I remember stopping and standing in that Ninja Gaiden stage as a kid because the song slapped so hard.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Yasuke is an awesome choice, and as a basic idiot I am hype to see Hanzo and my boy Magoichi back. (Not like they weren't going to have Hanzo but still.)

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

My only real gripe with SW5 so far is that it's very strange that Hideyoshi and Ieyasu don't get timeskip outfits. Well, and that I don't like Hideyoshi as he's typically characterized in these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

wielder posted:

I imagine they may want to save that sort of thing for a sequel focusing on either of them, assuming the game performs well enough.

Oh I get why they did it, it just plays very weird when you have near-Honnoji scenes where their retainers talk about how they could possibly unify the land and meanwhile they just look like the same young dipshits they have all game.

(Also I doubt we're getting a Hideyoshi game unless Omega Force gets extremely enthusiastic about Korean warcrimes.)