Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I can't help but feel a little disappointed that the ps4 version doesn't look much better than the ps3 version while being unable to keep a steady frame rate. I'm just going to assume it will eventually be patched up like the wii u version of orochi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Elliotw2 posted:

They've said they're going to be converting a lot of the DLC to Vita/PS4 versions after release, costumes are surely going to be one of them.

Any word if they will be cross buy. My gamestop preorder code gave me downloads for ps3/4/vita costumes all at the same time so I hope this will continue to be the case.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone else playing WO3U on PS4 had a problem with the game not showing up in their trophy list at all? I still get trophies, I just can't look at the list.

Same with me, I'm just assuming its part of the same issues that the game had since launch. Bought it on tuesday and only yesterday did it actually start downloading.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

The GIG posted:

Here's the actual reason to play 7: If you're on last gen and you want to try DW for funsies then pick it up for like 7 bucks physical from a gamestop if you really are super wary and/or are tight on funds. In just about anyother situation just get 8.

Also 8 on last gen has some serious performance issues on certain stages. (I'm looking in your direction battle of Chi Bi)

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

RickDaedalus posted:

Am I the only anime weirdo getting Fate/Extella tomorrow?

It has LuBu, there is no shame in owning this anime game.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Well it has more of a self insert blank slate protagonist rather than the usual unhinged narrative from a protagonist of questionable mental health that nasu's writing usually stars. Honestly the only thing I'm missing from it.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Tae posted:

I wonder if they were afraid of what-if scenarios that are common in other games because they were afraid of fan backlash.

Fan backlash? What if scenarios are the best part of the gundam games. Not just musou, any gundam game. bersserk fans hate fun if this is the case.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Tae posted:

I only remember Ginchiyo because of that dumb stupid headgear thing.

Please do not diss the space Nazi princess crown.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I didn't keep up with info since it's release, but was the sanada spinoff basara game as garbage as I think it was?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Unlucky7 posted:

In Basara 4 Sumeragi, is there a way to cancel out of a roulette transformation early? It sort of kills the flow of battle when your 6 sword wielding he-man gets turned into a bomb throwing mook

Also, is Ashikaga Yoshiteru basically Orochi? In this game, I mean.

Use circle to blow your super and drop out of transformations early, which I almost always do as bomberman.

After a bit of deliberation, I may pick up sanada hen just because yukimura's father is a fedora wearing goon with teleportation abilities.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The most magical thing about the english dubs is through luck of the draw (or small talent pool) we got the same VA to play yukimura in both series and the world is a better place for it.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Trip report on Sengoku Basara: Yukimura Hen:

Please don't buy this game.

Don't get me wrong this game is actually fun and the new gameplay elements it adds are nice, but holy poo poo there so little of it. First off the story mode while nice in it's set pieces is shockingly short with only 10 stages with no way to select your character. Each stage my have you playing as multiple characters where you switch at certain checkpoints or sometimes like the two castle defense maps have you swaping out between two characters in different points of the map at will with the L2 button. There are no longer any levels to gain on a per character basis, parts of your movesets are automatically unlocked upon the completion of each chapter and weapons are now merely skins that you unlock without any abilities or stats. Instead you have a loadout system that gives you a set of stats and special effects that will activate at certain morale thresholds usually gained by defeating enemies or by destroying blue chests. You can boost the stats of each loadout by using the gold you earn in each level. These loadouts are split into different categories like offensive (higher attack stat, low defense, attack power bonuses at higher morale levels), technical (high speed stats, extra combo multipliers) and so on.

Once you complete story mode you unlock the 12 side stories which are short stages focusing on what other characters were doing during the main campaign. Once again you cannot deviate from the pre-selected character even after finishing the stage, leaving very little replay value. Along side this you also unlock a challenge arena mode which puts you in a square arena where you face off against different challenges among 1v1 battles, groups of grunt formations, and boss rushes. This mode starts you with a time limit that you have to see how many stages you can complete before it expires, completing stages and random challenges (perform x number of perfect guards or evades, get a certain hit combo, take no damage, etc) will restore time and give you bonus money to spend. This mode does actually let you choose a character with a fully unlocked movelist consisting of pretty much the entire playable cast of basara 3 and 4 minus Hojo for some reason because gently caress you.

Now I did like some stuff from this game. The story mode levels have lot of variety, some of them having minigames like Sasuke's sequences where you are taking out Tokugawa's air support with your ninja glider, or yukimura's outrun styled horseback sequence. One of the later levels gives you the ability to call the Sanada-maru for artillery support with the L2 button which gives you some breathing room between taking out objectives and keeping combos going. The new characters are pretty fun, in particular Yukimura's new moveset made me feel like I was playing something more like Gundam VS with all the airdash cancels I was doing. Boss battles also have undergone a huge overhaul to make them challenging but without being a damage sponge. Bosses may now have multiple life bars but they don't take very long to drain and when you deplete one the boss stands back up and enters a new 'Phase' usually with new abilites or patterns that you need to work around, it goes a long way to keeping every boss encounter from becoming poping your hyper mode than unloading your basara move.

Also the game really needed some in game counter keeping track of how many times Masayuki tips his fedora.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

uiruki posted:

For what it’s worth, both Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi and Sanada Yukimura-den are free on Japanese PS Plus this month.

gently caress!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Deakul posted:

Any word on Hyrule Warriors ever coming to the PC? I'm assuming that since it's a Nintendo property that it's pretty much a no go?

It should be announced around the time Bayonetta 2 & 3 get pc ports.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

warhammer651 posted:

what name change?

Imagine if 4kids media was dubbing old Chinese books. It's honestly one of the most amazing things ever.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Cernunnos posted:

Dear Capcom,

Please localize Sengoku Basara 4. Please.

Signed, everyone.

*Monkey's paw curls*

Capcom announces the localization of Yukimura den

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
DW buttrock is nice and all but I enjoyed the music from the Samurai Warriors games quite a bit more.

The osaka castle theme has to be up there with one of my favorite tracks ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcGxs7sXtEE

Outside of that a good runner up would be the Warriors Orochi's Ryu Hayabusa theme. They could have done anything including making a new original track for him or use one of his DOA themes, but instead they remixed the stage 4-2 theme and made an already amazing track ever better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Yeah classic samurai warriors had some pretty neat stuff sometimes. I vaguely remember a level where you had to limit the advance of your own forces as if they reached a certain point they would perform a fire attack that would demoralize your own army and cause a bunch of them to defect.