Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

abagofcheetos posted:

I'm actually amazed they haven't done something involving zombies with the system. Not that I want them to, mind you.

Are zombies a big thing in Japan? I thought that was mostly a Western fad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Do you still have to taunt enemies to get them into groups for you to plow into? That was my biggest problem with Ken's Rage. It always felt like the minions were running away.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

WickedIcon posted:

So, since 2 and 3 are both pretty cheap and I don't really care about the original mode, I should probably grab both of them. :)

And honestly I don't really care about it feeling weird to beat up hordes of enemies in gundams, I just want a badass robot fighting game for 360 with characters I recognize.

1 is great if you're a Gundam nerd due to all the little touches the other games don't have and if you like killing enemies as it has the most grunts. 2 is great for the story mode but has an absolute ton of frustrating elements that are mostly removed by 3. It is also a game where you just zip from general to general and don't worry about any minions so your enjoyment of the game will be dependent on how much you enjoy that. 3 is really solid although the DLC character missions really need some work and your forces can't do anything if you don't have the leadership skill equipped. I'd suggest 1 and 3 over 2 and 3 but if you're itching for the official story mode then 2 does it best.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm still waiting for them to have more G Gundam characters and suits. I'd be satisfied just with that. Those are the characters most suited to the musou formula and they've got only two G Gundam suits.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If they can fit in all the Gundam Meisters they can fit in the Shuffle Alliance. Allenby would rule pretty hard too. Was Rain an operator in 3? I don't remember her being one, which would be another crime against G Gundam.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jibo posted:

From last page, but they also said that it should be coming out March of next year.

What bums me out is the lack of news for another Dynasty Warriors Gundam. I'm wondering if DWG3 flopped too hard and they just aren't going to do any more.

Was it a flop? I never heard that.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I went to Gamestop earlier to get Ken's Rage 2 for the PS3 and found out it was only released digitally. I could find the first game on PSN but not the second. Where is it and how much does it cost?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The GIG posted:

I briefly imagined a Pirates of the Caribbean Warriors doing the same thing and I would love for either of these to happen.

This game existed. It was one of those low budget 360 games that was released in Japan in the same line as Earth Defense Force and the bikini zombie games.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Trollhawke posted:

I can't answer for materials, but in addition to what straight jerkers said, you also get good plans from getting 2.5, 5 or 10k kills with a suit dependent on its type - the more generic the suit, the lower the requirements. Certain suits (generally those belonging to newtypes) also get A rank plans for getting 5k kills with their pilot - IIRC, Char gives A-rank Zaku II and Amuro gives A-rank Nu Gundam plans.

Is there any other way to get A rank parts? I think my roommate may have combined A rank with a bunch of E ranks under the impression that A ranks aren't limited.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've yet to figure out how to increase star rankings, or on what missions I can do that. But thanks for that info, it's good to know I'm not going to get accidentally hosed over by limited A-rank parts.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Had Banagher, Char, Heero, and a mobile armor attack my A Field once when losing it was a defeat condition. I tried my best but that field was doomed.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

It almost did that for me, it wouldn't make its eye vulnerable and the Deku Tree was down to just a sliver of health, and then it retreated back to the enemy keep for some reason. Got really lucky on that.

Similar happened to me. He just wouldn't use a loving laser with his eyes and he was blocking drat near every arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Co-op is basically the graphics going down the drain to keep the frame rate steady. Works decently well. Played with my roommate for about an hour and didn't notice any real framerate issues.