Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So did any news ever come out of this?

Or am I forever doomed to only playing DW4 and 6 on the PC?

e: Nevermind I may have answered my own question. I had checked a few days ago, and nothing. But today:

Not that I have any idea if that means that there may be something closer coming, if anything.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Question for you folks, I was thinking of buying DW7 XL to continue my stuff in DW7, but I know 8 came out. Is 8 a better package overall than DW7+XL? It seems pretty well liked but I figure I'd ask before dropping some money on either one.

They still haven't done anything crazy story wise like Lu Bu's story mode in 6 have they?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Jibo posted:

7XL adds a handful of new stages that weren't represented in the story modes in 7 or are remakes of stages from older games. Personally I loved them and they shouldn't really take that long to do them all. I would pick up XL to play those levels and maybe mess around with some other things and then pick up 8 once you're satisfied with 7XL. But if you absolutely can only get one game between now and whenever then you might as well just get 8 because it's got a hell of a lot more content and has better gameplay.

Thank you much. I figured there was more content but hadn't been keeping up on it at all. Haven't had as much time to devote to these since 4!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So with those being the JP release dates for the ps3 and ps4 versions when should we expect the US ones? Early next year?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Jibo posted:

Well DW8 came out here 5 months after it came out in Japan which is a pretty big gap for one of these. I'm guessing it had a lot to do with English VA and I'm willing to bet we won't be getting any in DW8XL so who knows.

Of course this is all assuming it actually is released outside of Japan.

You're bumming me out and I hope you're wrong. :ohdear:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mortimer posted:

Just watched Red Cliff on netflix. It's the western cut version that takes out a lot of exposition (among other things), but it's neat to see a major movie production of ROTK.

Plus Zhang Fei's eyebrows

That and Guan Yu's beard are great characters in that movie.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Policenaut posted:

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition is dated.

DW8XLCE PS4 & Vita and DW8XL PS3 will launch simultaneously. March 25th in North America, April 4th in Europe. Apparently the Japanese version save data transfer will be coming to the overseas release, as TK is promoting the save data transfer. Lu Bu gets to be on the box art!

No. NO! There are already too many games coming out in March and I'm already going to be broke as hell. :ohdear:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So how awesome is the Lu Bu stuff? Because I feel like that's what may be the decider in getting this for the PS3 or just waiting until I get a PS4

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Chortles posted:

Thanks to a ChinaSMACK article that had it, here's Zhang Fei at Changban on an excavator.
Check out the 2010 TV series Three Kingdoms while you're at it on YouTube! Goons have raved about it... in contrast to the 1994 series.

I remember some good pictures coming from the TVIV thread for the show and I'd link them but I'm phone posting! Gonna second the raved about it comment though, because yeah it's pretty good!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Jack Trades posted:

Maaaan, I really really like DW8E but boy do I wish it had goofy English voice acting from DW8.
It seriously adds so much to the characters and overall experience.

Personally I'd like to see a return to "you flaming idiots!" Level of goofy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Songbearer posted:

Why is it so brown

Quake 2 was less brown

I feel like this isn't the first time the Yellow Turban campaign stuff was a brown-ish area though. I dunno, it looks fine.