Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So (spoilers through 2x09, no preview) now that I've caught up:

Isaac saying that his dad didn't used to be bad. It's probably not a stretch to guess that he started to go downhill at the same time as a certain kid drowned in the pool?

We still have no idea the deal was with presumably the kanema digging up up and eating a girl's liver in the cemetery in the first episode.

Matt seems too established to have just popped back into existence from the dead, despite seeming to have been murdered years ago by the swim team via drowning. He has a job as a photographer and is known to people.

Perhaps the last two points are related. Maybe the kanema seeks a dead, murdered master, and brings them back to possess someone and act as a tool of vengeance on their behalf. The girl whose liver was taken is posessing Matt. Extremely random and probably incorrect theory.

God knows what's up with Harris' car.

As for Lydia: maybe the reason that Peter needed her immunity was that he needed to to the psychic thing alphas can do on a scratch/bite deeply enough to take her over entirely, but with anyone else that would turn them and that'd ruin things, what with the ceremony needing to happen on a full moon and use lots of wolfsbane. Still no idea why the hell he needed a hallucinogen-laced party.

I hope that drag queens or gay clubbers keep (occasionally) being shown as Stiles' friends for the rest of the show.

I hope Danny takes his shirt off more.

I cannot believe I am hooked on this show.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
As for the liver thing, that might end up as one of those unresolved events. Like, I think in their effort to keep the Kanima's master a secret, they threw out some red herrings that they're just not going to be able to track back and address. Maybe not this one specifically, but I feel there's a lot going on in different directions to be finalized in three episodes. I'm still wondering how that "All of us" is supposed to work with the Kanima's possession. It was a good twist at the time, because it was like, woah, maybe something bigger is going on! ... But how's that going to tie into what we know now?

MikeJF posted:

I cannot believe I am hooked on this show.

I think literally everyone feels this way at first :v:.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I thought it was that one loan wolf that ate the liver? He ate the liver at the grave yard and then attacked the dying/dead person in the ambulance and ate their liver too? Then the Argents caught and killed him?

Am I remembering that wrong?

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 28, 2012

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
God, Scott/Allison are so loving boring. Most boring couple on TV.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Azure_Horizon posted:

God, Scott/Allison are so loving boring. Most boring couple on TV.

No joke, it really is the Everybody But Them show.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

One thing I miss from season one: people (usually Scott) and hilarious over the top expressions.

KilGrey posted:

I thought it was that one loan wolf that at the liver? He at the liver at the grave yard and then attacked the dying/dead person in the ambulance and ate their liver too? Then the Argents caught and killed him?

Am I remembering that wrong?

nnnnnnnnnnnnnot sure. Can't remember. Hrmph.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 28, 2012

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Eh, I don't find them boring, just generic. I think most lead couples end up being that way sometimes to make sure they appeal to as many people as possible since they are the leads and it ends up making them a bit bland. They don't bug me too much though.

Also, there is a Canadian series called Lost Girl that you all really should check out. It's pretty awesome and Buffy like.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1429449/

quote:

Lost Girl focuses on the gorgeous and charismatic Bo, a supernatural being called a succubus who feeds on the energy of humans, sometimes with fatal results. Refusing to embrace her supernatural clan system and its rigid hierarchy, Bo is a renegade who takes up the fight for the underdog while searching for the truth about her own mysterious origins.

I'm quite certain anyone who likes this show, Buffy, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural and the like will love this show. I just discovered it a few months ago and binged through both seasons in a weekend.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

KilGrey posted:

Also, does Allisons dad remind anyone else of Wesley from Buffy/Angel? The end of Angel after he got all scruffed up?

I've been thinking this since his first appearance. I keep expecting him to bust out in an english accent...

I'm fully caught up now and wow did this improve in the last 2/3 of season 1 and all of 2 so far. On board with Tyler Posey now that he's mostly done angsting and is in full control of his powers.

Couple of things

- Everyone is an awful, awful friend to Lydia. She should have been brought in right away after she survived the initial bite. I mean, for fucks sake she's writing backwards in front of class saying stuff like SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME and everybody just ignores her. But hey, sure, we'll use your knowledge of ancient Latin to translate things when it's convenient for the gang... Maybe if you dolts had thought to include her she might have said something like, Oh yeah, I'm having visions of that guy who nearly killed me, and he wants me to do bad things to everyone.

- I've been going back and forth on Matt this whole time. He's constantly on the brink of red herring, but little things like getting the Kanima to injure him in the library kept me from suspecting him too much.

- How the gently caress is Peter Hale going to tie into all this! It seems like a really late addition to the huge clusterfuck already going on, so I'm wondering if he's going to be more on the back burner for Season 3 plot threads they're setting up. (Also on a minor note, the guidance counselor/vet. Is she Kendra the vampire slayer?)

- I'm having a hard time believing Mommy Argent wasn't a robot in the first place. Halfway expected sparks to come out of her when she stabbed herself. Also a little hard to buy Allison's reaction of grief since they were never shown to have much of a connection.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 28, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

KilGrey posted:

Also, does Allisons dad remind anyone else of Wesley from Buffy/Angel? The end of Angel after he got all scruffed up?

I'm too busy going HEY THERE MARTOUF NO STOP BEING EVIL GO AND MAKE OUT WITH MAJOR CARTER.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

MikeJF posted:

I'm too busy going HEY THERE MARTOUF NO STOP BEING EVIL GO AND MAKE OUT WITH MAJOR CARTER.

Oh gently caress.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

hope and vaseline posted:

(Also on a minor note, the guidance counselor/vet. Is she Kendra the vampire slayer?)

Holy crap she totally is! Good eye! Looking at her page, apparently she was originally cast as Cordy but had to drop out due to other commitments. That's kinda crazy.

- Also a little hard to buy Allison's reaction of grief since they were never shown to have much of a connection.

Eh, I don't think so. Teenage girls and their moms always have strained relationships. And yeah, Victoria was a bitch but she's still Allison's mom. Even if you are just grieving over the idea of a mother rather than the actual woman, that's still pretty powerful and can gently caress you up. I also don't see why Allison would have a bad relationship with her parents until she came to this school and hooked up with Scott. She seems like a good kid and while strict I can't see them butting heads to much.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

- Everyone is an awful, awful friend to Lydia. She should have been brought in right away after she survived the initial bite. I mean, for fucks sake she's writing backwards in front of class saying stuff like SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME and everybody just ignores her. But hey, sure, we'll use your knowledge of ancient Latin to translate things when it's convenient for the gang... Maybe if you dolts had thought to include her she might have said something like, Oh yeah, I'm having visions of that guy who nearly killed me, and he wants me to do bad things to everyone.

This is my thought process entirely. gently caress anyone who blames Lydia for what went down in the last episode. It probably would not have happened if anyone had told her ANYTHING. Anything at all.

Also, I'm also hoping for Peter to be more of an S3 thing.

geist hirsche
Jul 23, 2004

Did people know there's some sort of side story Teen Wolf book that came out earlier this month? I'm morbidly curious as to how bad it is, or at least how purple the prose are when describing werewolf abs.

I went back and re-watched the first season, because I'd forgotten a lot of it since last year, and because I needed something on in the background while I was drawing. I've come to the conclusion that Mr. Harris' sole purpose on the show is to be a dickish red herring for every antagonist. I'd forgotten his only connection to the Hale deaths was that it turned out he drunkenly told Kate Argent about different exothermic chemical reactions while at a bar.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I figure Harris is a Snape.

britt posted:

Did people know there's some sort of side story Teen Wolf book that came out earlier this month? I'm morbidly curious as to how bad it is, or at least how purple the prose are when describing werewolf abs.

The abs abbed furiously.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

This post in AVclub's Teen Wolf comments has some choice quotes from the book.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/party-guessed,82704/#comment-596125866

quote:

Derek did another set of push-ups. His back and chest were glistening with sweat and his arm muscles were aching.

Yep sounds like Teen Wolf alright

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ahahahaha,

quote:

Most ironic moments given what happened in Season Two:

Her mom had been angry, too, but Allison could tell that if it had been left up to her, she wouldn't have been as harsh about having to stay in all weekend. Her mom liked Scott.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow. I can tell who the writer's favourite wolf is:

quote:

Smirking, she thought of Derek's naked torso, how well he filled out his jeans. His piercing eyes, those eyebrows she used to trace so fondly; and that five o'clock shadow and sexy bad-boy pout. She highly doubted that Chris knew she and two of his guys had paid Derek a little visit yesterday. God, all those muscles.

...did Kate get gangbanged by Derek and two Hunters?

also,

quote:

She showed them the packet of glow-in-the-dark condoms she had purchased Jackson for last Valentine's Day. He had refused to use them. Tonight he would. She'd make sure of that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

...did Kate get gangbanged by Derek and two Hunters?

The fanfiction is out there :tinfoil:.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Derek should be everyone's favorite wolf. That chiseled body, and that smolder.

But that fanfiction is just weird.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Reactions to Episode 10:

• "I bet he's just recording himself jerking off. Let me watch it just in case." Haha I would seriously watch that livestream though :pervert:.
  • "Just going to sit in my car out here... watching a naked dude... ."
  • This show does have good music. I know Matt dosn't get killed and I'm still like "woooaaaaa". Oh man and Matt's crying!
  • Tonight on Teen Wolf: Stiles' dad, the best dad character ever, bein' Stiles dad. Yessss.
  • How did he get Harris's keys?
  • It is pretty messed up that they really did have Jackson killing people. Sorry, but Jackson's a douche, but it's rough to make a douche a murder slave or some poo poo.
  • Oh noooo!
  • AH GOD OH poo poo OH WHAT
  • IF YOU HURT STILES YOU ARE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER.
  • Haha glowing Derek.
  • Ohhhh vet burrrnnnn :iceburn:
  • Derek has on the puppy eyes.
  • HOLY GOD. MATT. JESUS CHRIST. MATT.
  • Allison you are dumb as a brick. As a brick.
  • I wish it had just been a doodle of a wang.
  • That was for the fangirls.
  • A good Stiles Look.
  • Allison is starting to look like her mom.
  • "Oh, gross."
  • So Matt is dead? Man, that sucks, dude.
  • Oh, what? Oh dude, that's hosed! That's hosed. It is hosed. Convincingly hosed.
  • "You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?"
  • Oh man I totally read this Goosebumps book. It was called "Say Cheese and Die!"
  • Where the gently caress is Lydia. Seriously did they just ditch her. What the christ.
  • BIGGER. OR. SMALLER. THAN. A. BREADBOX?
  • Goodbye ranged weapon, hello tiny melee weapon!
  • MATT. jesus.
  • Peter!
  • WELP. I guess it was time for mom to find out.
  • Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt?!
  • Oh man. Matt, I... man, I don't want to feel sorry for you after all this poo poo, but that is a sucky way to go even so.
  • Peter Hale: Still Hot. And now maybe on the good side out of necessity for the remainder of the season!?

Pick fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 31, 2012

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Yeah I would have preferred a Jackson sex tape too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well, if nothing else, I think we have a new contender for 'most gratuitous shirtless scene'. And bless them for it.

Pick posted:

• Peter Hale: Still Hot. And now maybe on the good side out of necessity for the remainder of the season!?

Let's be honest, up until the revelation that he killed Laura on purpose, Peter was virtually a good guy compared to all the sides this season. Hell, there are plenty of shows where 'guy killing everyone who murdered his family' is the protagonist. And even after the reveal he was evil re: Laura he did seem to go out of his way to avoid third-party casualties.

Not saying I agree with such an action in real life, but for a TV villain he was surprisingly moral.

Man, I never know when to stop spoilerblocking. Is the thread just going with 'after Pick's giant black block you've had enough warning'

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 31, 2012

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

That was a doozy. In a good way.

Wasn't expecting Matt to get offed so soon, and I love how they're following Buffy's tradition of having a major villain get killed unexpectedly for the real big bad(s) in the finale.

Not sure what to make of Scott's betrayal to Gerard, doesn't he know that family will gently caress things up far more often than they do things right? Great timing on the reveal by having Derek overhear it right after the Vet, a.k.a. wise magic black man trope tells him he needs to trust Scott.

Seriously huge stuff with Scott's mom finally finding out (drat she looked terrified, that scene couldn't have been better done), Gerard becoming the new master, and Peter casually observing the whole thing. I was pretty skeptical about his return and how it would affect an already very busy last few episodes into the season, but the writers really plotted this all well. I'm way excited for the rest of this season.

More Sterek throwouts please :D Haha, from AV club comments

quote:

Gay guys talking about Teen Wolf: Matt Cameraguy likes to watch naked Jackson and apparently ships Stiles and Derek. He's just like us, guys!

I'm really glad I stuck to this show!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Not sure what to make of Scott's betrayal to Gerard, doesn't he know that family will gently caress things up far more often than they do things right? Great timing on the reveal by having Derek overhear it right after the Vet, a.k.a. wise magic black man trope tells him he needs to trust Scott.

Gerard threatened to murder Scott's mother, remember? He wasn't doing it because he thought it was best.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Oh yeah, that scene slipped my mind, I don't think there was any followup to it until now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

Let's be honest, up until the revelation that he killed Laura on purpose, Peter was virtually a good guy compared to all the sides this season. Hell, there are plenty of shows where 'guy killing everyone who murdered his family' is the protagonist. And even after the reveal he was evil re: Laura he did seem to go out of his way to avoid third-party casualties.

Not saying I agree with such an action in real life, but for a TV villain he was surprisingly moral.
I was always rooting for a redemption instead. People say that it's hokey and overdone, except in my experience, it really isn't? It's one of those brainbugs where people seem to take for granted that it occurs in fiction far more often than it does.

I'd love to see Peter legitimately and fairly take over the werewolves for a season (because Derek sucks at it) and have Derek have to face his aforementioned incompetence.

And compared to everyone going bugfuck fuckin' crazy this season, yeah, he seems like a reasonable dude. Also, does this mean they might be able to bring Laura back? Because if so, then I wouldn't quite say no-harm-no-foul, but....

quote:

Man, I never know when to stop spoilerblocking. Is the thread just going with 'after Pick's giant black block you've had enough warning'

Yeah, I think that's probably fair. Or maybe spoiler anything huuuuge. I guess I tend to be nervous because a lot of people are just starting to pick it up thanks to Netflix, etc.

Pick fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 31, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pick posted:

I'd love to see Peter legitimately and fairly take over the werewolves for a season (because Derek sucks at it) and have Derek have to face his aforementioned incompetence.

Heh, the incompetence burn was fantastic.

So at this point, I'm guessing that they're not going to solve Jackson's issues this season - that's probably gonna require an extended storyline all of its own. They'll probably kill Gerard then bind him to a safe master - if they're willing to bring him in, maybe even Danny. That would of course have the added benefit of loving Jackson over and leaving him pissed off even longer, and we all love that.

I assume Allison doesn't know the circumstances of Derek biting Victoria - that Derek was fighting her off from killing Scott - the question is whether or not he'll have a chance to tell her in, preferably in a calm enough environment for it to actually sink in and her realise she's once again on the wrong side here re: Derek.

Man, Scott had a lot of chances when Matt was telling his story to werewolf-speed smack the fucker out. They were right next to each other and Matt wasn't even pointing the gun at him half the time.

Good job on giving us some sympathy for Matt in the manner of his death. That was harsh. Gotta wonder why they introduced the element of Matt becoming part Kanema himself, though. I wonder if he'll be back to kill Gerard in lizard form.

Good way to set up Stiles' dad getting his job back: brutally murder his replacement.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I was a bit surprised Scott didn't just wolf out on him. Having said that though I imagine that the slight chance he messes up and Matt then decides to kill his mom in front of him was enough to scare him away from that choice.

Is anyone else hoping Scott finally just gives in and becomes a full member of the pack? I know it probably won't happen but some of my favorite parts of the show are when they visit the dynamic of the pack and how they are relate to each other. A lot of the time we don't get to see that much of it because Scott is so opposed to the idea of becoming a member of it. I'm hoping that now that his mom knows what he is that Scott will finally embrace his wolf side and just go with it.

I'm also wondering what happens to Jackson after this is resolved. Since it's been shown that he isn't immune I assume, based off what we learned from the beast book, that it means he will become a wolf. Jackson doesn't seem like the type that is just going to become a member of the pack. I sense head butting between Jackson and Derek in the next season.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also, I assume it's obvious that Gerard's pills are going to come back for some payoff.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I'm also wondering what happens to Jackson after this is resolved. Since it's been shown that he isn't immune I assume, based off what we learned from the beast book, that it means he will become a wolf. Jackson doesn't seem like the type that is just going to become a member of the pack. I sense head butting between Jackson and Derek in the next season.

Heh, Jackson declares he's striking out on his own when he does get wolf and ends up learning he has a choice between following an Alpha or ending up as a lovely-arse Omega.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 31, 2012

geist hirsche
Jul 23, 2004

Peter was cast as such an unrepentant douchebag last season that I'm not sure I'd be able to buy his redemption. While his story was sympathetic, things like killing his nurse accomplice for no reason, trying to get Scott to kill everyone, and kidnapping and terrorizing Stiles have him firmly set in the "bad guy" list for me. Allison is now the worst character, though. She's been rather boring for awhile, but now she's just aggressively dumb. She needs to be offset with more Lydia screen time.

Did anyone else think there was something weird with the Scott and Gerard scene followed by the Gerard and Matt scene? Maybe it was just bad editing, but the scene with Gerard bumbling about inside with his pills, seemingly set-up for Derek's benefit, quickly cutting to him already outside cooly waiting for Matt, felt purposefully strange.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MikeJF posted:

Heh, Jackson declares he's striking out on his own when he does get wolf and ends up learning he has a choice between following an Alpha or ending up as a lovely-arse Omega.

Has it been explained how Alphas work? Can there be more than one Alpha in the same area or is it one Alpha per territory? Would it be possible for Jackson to start recruiting his own pack from inside the LAX team? Jackson does seem like the Omega type but at the same time he seems to be a natural leader and loves the power of having people listen to him.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Has it been explained how Alphas work? Can there be more than one Alpha in the same area or is it one Alpha per territory? Would it be possible for Jackson to start recruiting his own pack from inside the LAX team? Jackson does seem like the Omega type but at the same time he seems to be a natural leader and loves the power of having people listen to him.

What I don't get is how Derek still has Alpha-Red-Eyes when the old Alpha is back in play.

And I still don't get what the gently caress happened to Lydia. Why she was seeing poo poo and all that.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Azure_Horizon posted:

What I don't get is how Derek still has Alpha-Red-Eyes when the old Alpha is back in play.

And I still don't get what the gently caress happened to Lydia. Why she was seeing poo poo and all that.

Derek is still an alpha because Peter hasn't killed him. You have to kill the Alpha to become the Alpha, at least that is what we know so far from Season One. If you remember back to season one, Derek got the killing blow on Peter after he had been badly burned which is what led to Derek becoming the Alpha.

Let's be honest, this show isn't the best about keeping up with the lore of it's monsters. Take the Alpha for instance, in season one we saw that the Alpha was almost entirely a wolf. He wasn't a human with wolf features but a more classical imagining of what media has shown a werewolf to be. Why doesn't this happen to Derek? Is it because Derek is new to being the Alpha and hasn't figured it out yet or what? I mean Peter was almost seven feet tall and incredibly strong when he was the Alpha. On top of all that, how the hell did Peter come back? Whats the point of killing an Alpha if you know that he will just come back at some point? A lot of the stuff doesn't make sense right now and it doesn't seem that we are going to get answers to those questions this season.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I bet it's cause they realized the CGI full-on werewolf looks awful so they're trying to use it sparingly now. And it's harder to sympathize with a character when they're completely out of their human form and a big, scary loving beast, and Derek is more or less a good guy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

So at this point, I'm guessing that they're not going to solve Jackson's issues this season - that's probably gonna require an extended storyline all of its own. They'll probably kill Gerard then bind him to a safe master - if they're willing to bring him in, maybe even Danny. That would of course have the added benefit of loving Jackson over and leaving him pissed off even longer, and we all love that.
I'd love for Jackson to get attached to a new, protagonistic master who is a member of the good-guy squad, thus cementing Jackson's relationship with them, although with added bonus tension (now with less shirt than ever!) Danny to me seems like the logical choice because the group could really use the "tech expert/haxx0r" character to combat the Argents' obvious leg up, plus Danny is a cool dude and I like him.

quote:

Good job on giving us some sympathy for Matt in the manner of his death. That was harsh. Gotta wonder why they introduced the element of Matt becoming part Kanema himself, though. I wonder if he'll be back to kill Gerard in lizard form.
That's what got me. I was right up in the "Murder the fucker!" boat and even I was like, "Oh, oh man, oh man that really sucks." They did that well with Victoria and with Matt. I've been impressed, especially since Peter's season 1 death lacked pathos when it could have scored it pretty easily.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Is anyone else hoping Scott finally just gives in and becomes a full member of the pack? I know it probably won't happen but some of my favorite parts of the show are when they visit the dynamic of the pack and how they are relate to each other. A lot of the time we don't get to see that much of it because Scott is so opposed to the idea of becoming a member of it. I'm hoping that now that his mom knows what he is that Scott will finally embrace his wolf side and just go with it.
I've wanted him to be a member of the pack since early in. Partially because it would give Derek more sexy, sexy screentime. Plus, I signed up for Teen Wolf, not Teen Teenager. Give me the wolf!

britt posted:

Peter was cast as such an unrepentant douchebag last season that I'm not sure I'd be able to buy his redemption. While his story was sympathetic, things like killing his nurse accomplice for no reason, trying to get Scott to kill everyone, and kidnapping and terrorizing Stiles have him firmly set in the "bad guy" list for me. Allison is now the worst character, though. She's been rather boring for awhile, but now she's just aggressively dumb. She needs to be offset with more Lydia screen time.
Peter could never be as good of a good guy as the straight-up main cast, but I'd argue that Spike was just as bad if not worse and he was allowed to switch teams on Buffy. That said, Spike became a horrible, horrible character, but we'll pretend that isn't related for now.

As for Allison, yeah, I agree. And seriously, WHERE THE gently caress IS LYDIA. DID THEY JUST DROP HER OFF? WHERE THE gently caress IS SHE? WHAT THE gently caress? (It's my biggest gripe with Season 2.)

geist hirsche
Jul 23, 2004

True about Spike, but he at least had some likability when he was evil. Peter has just been a very blah character for me.

I really don't follow the Teen Wolf online presence, so I missed that Jeff Davis got run off Tumblr. Kinda funny, since I know Tumblr loves Teen Wolf, but it also loves getting scary irrational about social justice at times.
For the record, I do think Boyd has been criminally underdeveloped, but at the same time they've been trying to shove too many storylines into this season already.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pick posted:

As for Allison, yeah, I agree. And seriously, WHERE THE gently caress IS LYDIA. DID THEY JUST DROP HER OFF? WHERE THE gently caress IS SHE? WHAT THE gently caress? (It's my biggest gripe with Season 2.)

Well I'd imagine Peter took her with him after he came back to life, given she seemingly wasn't there when the doctor got there. And last any of the crew besides Derek saw her she was fine hosting a party, admittedly one where someone spiked the punch.

Lacerta
Oct 17, 2005

Baby, tonight the world belongs to you and I.
I love Gerard as the real big bad, especially because he's such a poisonous, toxic, hateful old man. The way he manipulated Allison was disgusting, and I'm kinda annoyed at her for falling for it. She KNOWS her family is full of poo poo, but she doesn't question her family's motives?

Maybe it's because she's clinging to what family she has left after her aunt and mother died but... Jesus, Gerard, pre-screening your daughter-in-law's suicide note? There's no way she "wanted your thoughts". He read it to determine if he should give it to Allison, if it would be useful to his purposes.

I think Gerard makes a better Big Bad than some mythological beast. The kanima is just a tool, and Gerard is a stronger master than Matt was.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

britt posted:

For the record, I do think Boyd has been criminally underdeveloped, but at the same time they've been trying to shove too many storylines into this season already.

Yeah, I don't see there being much time for Boyd just as a function of how much is going on. But when we do see him, he seems to be the only new member of the pack who knows what the gently caress. God, he often seems more sensible than Derek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pick posted:

But when we do see him, he seems to be the only new member of the pack who knows what the gently caress.

I've seen this said, but I really don't know where it comes from; it seems to be a lot of projecting and making stuff up. So far his main accomplishment on screen is nearly wolfing out during a lacrosse game he knows Derek wouldn't have let him play in. He's had about one line other than that since his bite.

Plus, he had the crappiest reason for accepting the bite. Wanting to be part of a pack < epilepsy, or getting beaten on a regular basis.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 1, 2012

• Locked thread