Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I think Cain should get more points in accessibility, being a important "life in the Imperium" dealie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does anyone have a favorit audiodrama?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What does this hinting consist of?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I was just about to ask about stories that justify the "battle brothers" ally rating between Eldar and Dark Eldar, are there others?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I just found out about The Beast Arises, how can there be 12 books about a loving Orc war? Are they any good?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Read like one of those fake sections you get sometimes in pirated BL ebooks :v:

I'd be thrilled to hear some examples.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Choleric means angry right?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Plavski posted:

I'm halfway through Blacktalon by Andy Clark right now and it is, by far, the best AoS novel I've read. I really hope he sticks the landing because it's been truly amazing so far and really pushes and challenges the setting.

What does it mean to challenge the AOS setting?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is Lords of Silence a sequel to Plague Wars? Vice versa?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I just felt like posting my favorite passage of Warhammer fiction

quote:

Finally, at his fiftieth year of his reign, a great event would occur. In that year, Emperor Sigmar Heldenhammer, greatest of all Mankind's rulers, stood up from his throne, placed down his crown and took up Ghal-Maraz and walked out of the Great Hall of his capital. He passed Wolfgart and His chosen bodyguard who were roaring with laughter at some jest or remembrance of times past. He strode down the path towards the market square where folk haggled and bartered with loud voices and much good humour. He passed them, smelling roasting meat and hearing the merrymaking of children playing in the gutters, as He had done in His youth so many years before.

Down the streets He walked, where men sat and gambled or sparred with one another and womenfolk talked with babes on their hips or prepared food for the next meal, or, having already cooked it, ate broth and beans out of earthenware pipkin balanced on their knees. Girls sat in groups, busy over fine embroidery. Sigmar saw life carry on in all its vibrancy as He walked by, unnoticed by all. Out through the iron bound gate He walked and down the well-worn track. Carts rumbled past bringing trade and wealth into the town. On either side the fields were tended by men and women, sowing seeds from baskets hung around their necks. Children ran behind them, beating drums and yelling to frighten off the greedy crows that circled overhead. He saw sheep and goats grazing peacefully, overlooked by shepherds. Then into the forest He plunged, journeying eastward towards the mountains.

He passed foresters as they cleared the track of fallen branches and laid traps for game. They carried hunting bows and axes and were accompanied by slavering hounds. But the beasts picked up no scent and Sigmar blessed them silently as He passed. When He emerged from the forest onto the eastward plain He was no longer alone. "lb His left trotted a wild, grey-headed wolf, and to His right there was a giant boar with black tusks. As He set off up the hillside they followed at His heels faithfully: the wolf with his wildness and courage, the boar with his wits and tenacity. When Sigmar reached the top of the hill, He turned. Before Him and sweeping out to the north and west was the forest.

Cutting through it in all directions were roads. Every town, village and settlement was connected, travellers and tradesmen moved like ants over them, spreading news and prosperity wherever they went. Troops of warriors tramped and cavalry cantered about the land lending the populace protection from danger. Smoke rose high in the sky from the villages — which were burgeoning into towns, which in their turn were growing into cities — and wherever Sigmar looked He could set the strength of mankind grow. Through Him, the tribes were united in a common cause. Enemies lurked everywhere but together men would overcome them. Sigmar looked at what He had forged with His strength, cunning and courage and He knew His work had come to an end. It was time for others to take up His mantle and forge an indomitable Empire.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I love the Legion Of Doom meetings in the Lost and Damned audiobook.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the source where Corvus Corax is witnessed in the Eye of Terror with new superpwoers?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I'm halfway through Mortis audiobook and have no idea why Ollianus pius and some friends are being flushed down some sort of time toilet.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the story that teased Votann and had a Mechanicus ark in distress getting a message from a ship that matched the squa-

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a big clean version of the Scars cover art?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's going to be funny as hell if Abbadon kills Horus and Big E kills Sanguinius.

I've been waiting for that moment in the HH series when they really just flip the fukkin script.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Has The Lion awakening been followed up on?