Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

mrchinchin25 posted:

Basically a lot of loyalist primarchs are conveniently missing or in standby mode ready for GW to one day do some kind of galaxy-ending meta plot which requires them to be available again. Assuming they will..

Considering they just released a Daemon Primarch Magnus model and 40k's next big event is 'Fall of Cadia', that may be closer than any of us think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Techpriest Marvin of Mars sheds a single tear of joy and does not know why.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dodoman posted:

It's not very good so don't feel too bad.

Seconded.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

I hope they don't go full divine intervention and Roboute wakes up because some pilgrim tripped over a wire.

Belisarius Cawl and Eldar Lady Yvraine work together to heal him of being dead.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/03/march-for-macragge/

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ed balls balls man posted:

Am hype for some rowboat girlyman. Kinda sad Cadia is gone though.

Cadia broke before the guard did.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gathering Storm III is just Rowboat, Cypher, and the Grey Knight guy starring in a buddy road-trip movie.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Waroduce posted:

Well the pylons are gone and didn't they always act as a containment field type deal for the warp or the eye or whstever. That pylon poo poo has been in the fluff since pre-eisenhorn

I'm pretty sure FoC ends with the Eye starting to grow and what's left of Cadia being pulled into the Warp.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Isn't Terra considered the "Throne World of the Imperium" even during the Great Crusade and into the Horus Heresy eras? If so, it would make sense to utter "throne" under your breath during a particularly dire moment in the 30th millennium.

They're actually talking about the Emp's solid gold toilet.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

Noice!

Is there any official site or product I can look at that details Big Bobby G's resurrection and reaction to the state of the imperium thus far?

Gathering Storm III: Rise of the Primarch comes out this Saturday.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Southpaugh posted:

Is that the one with the Blood Angels? That was rad, I remember years ago I had a comic that had a chapter of blood angels kicking rear end, there was dwarf Daniel Plainview guy who fought a rat ogre and a Malus Darkblade stealing an artifact story. Totally the poo poo.

Damnation Crusade is Black Templars and TWINS THEY WERE.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

If anything can be said for definite about Vulks in the BA series is that it answers the question of what would a primarch do coming back to the modern imperium, and that is be is really loving salty and just sulk half the time

That's basically what Gullyman does in some parts of 'Rise of the Primarch'.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MrNemo posted:

The Thousand Sons were far from the only Legion to continue using psykers but the other major ones that did so openly (Space Wolves and White Scars) did so within an existing, safe, framework.

Isn't the whole thing with the Wolves and psykers that they say that Rune Priests don't use the Warp but instead pull their powers straight from Fenris?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Varying amounts of Grimness and Darkness.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

Quick new lore question. With the new huge warp storm, can the imperials on the far side not see the astronomicon? I thought you just couldn't travel through the storm, but no warp travel for half the emperium is a pretty big deal if so.

I think it's either that, or the astronomicon is very dim.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Laughing Zealot posted:

Have they appeared in anything other than the games?

They're kinda the go-to "Mysterious Origin Successor Chapter" in the Space MarineAdeptus Astartes codexes, and the painted mini sections of any books that feature SMs will most often feature a Raven or two.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

How are James Swallow's Sisters Books? I'm thinking of picking up the new omnibus that's coming out this weekend.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PantsOptional posted:

It's ten thousand years before M41. The Fall of the Eldar happens at the same time that the Emperor is working on the Primarchs.

And the Fall of the Eldar and the clearing of the warp storms caused by Slaanesh's birth are basically what allow Big E to begin the great crusade.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Doesn't one of the Fantasy End Times books blatantly have Kaldor Draigo teaming up with some characters as they fight in the warp?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I’ve never felt so bad at video games as I did while playing Gothic War. The game was excellent and they did a great job catching the spirit of Warhammer, but man, I was by far the worst admiral the Imperium had the misfortune of promoting.

:same:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wow? Was it received that badly?

Yes.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

Dark Crusade let me play as a Necron, so no, DoW2 wasn't the best.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Fellblade posted:

But does it have the new Sigmarines in it? Find somewhere to put the Sigmarines in it.

That'll be the after-credits teaser.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Baron Porkface posted:

Choleric means angry right?

It's more grumpy or irritable.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

Really want a series based on the great crusades.

:emptyquote:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

D-Pad posted:

The Grey Knights are immune to chaos because they're Mary Sues

FTFY

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Groetgaffel posted:

Amberley has also alway had the attitude that it's better to be sneaky, and if need be let smaller fish escape in order to catch the biggest threats by surprise, as opposed to announcing her arrival a year in advance by setting fire to everything that looks at her funny.

So a Radical, then.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Groetgaffel posted:

Well there is this tiny tidbit from the latest financial report:

It might mean nothing of the sort of course, as the rest of the sentence mentions the Space Marines heroes thing and increasing GW's presence in Japan.

Are you ready for Warhammer 40,000: the Anime?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Orv posted:

Have they actually started writing mainline novels with this kind of stuff now? Not to be all AD&D about it but I could probably stand to skip that poo poo and still have more Warhammer than I'd ever want to read.

Dark Imperium is the first novel set after the whole introduction of the Primars/return of Guilliman. Crusade and Other Short Stories, Of Honour and Iron, War of Secrets, and Blood of Iax also feature them, as does the short story A Brother's Confession

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah used to be with Warhammer Fantasy that you would get square bases to help line up the formations easier. They even sold large formation plates so you could move an entire unit in a tray

:thejoke:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

Kind of surprised ash diamonds aren't a thing in the setting, because it's perfectly grimdark to be bedazzled in diamonds made of your fallen servants or something.

"We'll make diamonds out of their ashes, take them into battle with us. A shining light to our brother-in-arms, even in death."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ZiX-Wvkyw

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Biplane posted:

In which books does Guilliman meet the Emperor? Is it an actual meeting that we the reader get to see???

It's only mentioned in Dark Imperium, not actually seen, unfortunately.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Linnear posted:

Is it considered canon that there's a loyalist clone of Fulgrim out there in Trayzyn's collection? Between that guy and Bile, it feels like they have everything you could possibly imagine up in 40k.

No? Never heard this theory. The big guy in Trazyn's collection is most likely a Custodes or Thunder Warrior, but has been speculated to be Vulkan.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

wiegieman posted:

Khan and his legion were really into the mysticism stuff too, they just know when to quit while they're ahead.

Or at least hide it better.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

head58 posted:

What’s the reading order for books that cover Guilliman returning/the Great Rift opening/current events?

I'd start with Dark Imperium as it's the one that deals most with Gullyman's return and sets up stuff for the current events. The novella part of Crusade and Other Short Stories details a battle between Primaris marines and Death Guard during the Indomitus Crusade. Devastation of Baal actually has a scene that details the opening of the rift, and the effects it has on both the Blood Angels and the Tyranids (it ain't pretty). Finally, the other Space Marines Conquests books (Ashes of Prospero, War of Secrets, and Of Honour and Iron currently) are set after the rift opens, but I haven't read them. There's also the upcoming Dark Imperium: Plague War, the sequel to the first book.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

Devastation of Baal is real good.

Will confirm.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Warhammer Community is doing a week of free short stories concerning all the poo poo happening on Vigilus.

First one's here.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

a lovely king posted:

Bigger, stronger but stupider I think has been established in the recent fiction. Well, maybe not stupid as such, but less tactically minded than experienced oldmarines.

I think its more that they're tactically inflexible, seeing as their TT units are all armed with one weapon each and can't mix in special/heavy weapons.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Another Horus Heresy humble bundle is up.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Biplane posted:

Holy gently caress where can I read about Communism the chaos god?????

War of Secrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Before reading Ashes of Prospero, should I read the HH Prospero books, or am I good to just dive in?