Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
I always really enjoyed the duel between Xarl and Tolemion. Usually the actual violence in 40k books is just snoozeworthy, but ADB’s action scenes always hit harder for me somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
The Night Lords suck and they know it, honestly it rules.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Mike Brooks’ orc short story and novel are legitimately very funny. My wife keeps asking me why I am smiling at my kindle. A nice change in tone for WH books in the same vein as Infinite and the Divine. Feels like some of the new BL authors are really quite good.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

the idea that these companies would lose something if they didn't go after fan projects is laughably naive

Yeah, like, there’s no adverse possession for IP rights. I have no idea what principle of law we are thinking operates to transfer ownership from a legitimate, registered owner to an ip squatter, but I don’t think it works that way.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010

Miguel Prado posted:

I know Guy Haleys latest offering will disappoint me but I also know I will buy it, I think I have a problem

It’s like heroin without all the constipation.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
For me GM is just not a great writer, for whatever reason I always bounce of his stuff emotionally and I just cant seem to connect with or care about what happens to his charmless characters. I’ve read a few of his books now and for me the only one that really landed was Storm of Iron. He’s not terrible, just bland IMO.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010

IshmaelZarkov posted:

I loved the reveal that Angron is pretty convinced he'd have turned against the Emperor anyway. Cause what Angron was built for was to cast down tyrants, and by god casting down tyrants is what he was gonna do.

That scene had me loving grinning. It was such a great moment.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
I found the torture stuff in the third book to be really rough reading. Just didn’t like it at all. It’s great, a big loving gut punch reminder that the characters you’ve been rooting for are capital “M” Monsters.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
I want a night lords tv show done with 80’s He-Man style animation + effects.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Khorne you may have 1 skull now, or, if you are a good and patient boy, you may have 2 skulls after your nap.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Yeah what is up with the “hard places create hard men” meme. Every chapter recruiting the mightiest warriors from a death world is kind of boring. It would be great if some chapter’s recruitment process was like the old Chinese civil service exams and the dude that wrote the slickest 8-legged essay about the virtues of the emperor got stuffed full of magic organs and turned into a walking tank.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
ADB just write a fuckin blood angels trilogy you silly bastard, make that Scrooge gold. Like I get it you make art, but dude it’s corporate art about plastic spacemen in service of selling those spacemen. No ones gonna accuse you of selling out.

Also it is criminal that the Night Lords trilogy is getting outsold by anything.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
I want to read a story about a geriatric custodes off on his own. Any recs?

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
For sure the miracle of BL is that we have writers like ADB, Brooks, DA participating. Like, by all rights it should be nothing but Gav Thorps and Nick Kymes.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
There’re a lot of nazis and nazi-adjacent protofascists in the fandom. Incredible to me that anyone can see the insanity and cruelty of the imperium of man as inspirational, but some people really do get off on the fantasy of grinding the masses of humanity into the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
I feel like the Emperors Children should be constantly fuckin and suckin each-other. Do any authors ever get into that in any detail?