Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Should I read Eisenhorn or Night Lords first?

Not new to Warhammer novels, I've probably read a dozen or so (including the first 5 Horus Heresy books) and could really use a break from how great the Emperor is. I keep looking through the OP of this thread and never bookmark it but I've got it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
gently caress it, I'm reading Night Lords. I've been listening to this while I do it. It also whips rear end.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Khizan posted:

I've been going through the Night Lords audiobooks for the past few weeks and I've been really impressed by the quality. The voices really add to the characterization, especially Septimus.

Yeah, I found these yesterday and they're pretty good. I liked Abaddon's voice too.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

That Dreadnaught on Dreadnaught fight at the end of Soul Hunter. Jeeeesus Christ.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Normally the space battles in these things are pretty dry too but Blackened vs Vengeful Spirit had me pretty on edge.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

mdemone posted:

Hey if anyone in here plays Combat Cards on iOS, I started a goon clan: Awful Astartes is now accepting players.

Join clan ID "L6PHQ"

Ill download it and check it out when I get off work tonight.

Almost finished with Blood Reaver. The Night Lords running away strategies are hysterical.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

I decided to take a break from... ...audiobooks after God-Emperor... ...this is easily the best... ...book I've ever read.

:agreed:

Edit: Dune is what got me back to BL books in a way. I read some before I read Dune and then after God Emperor I had to make sure BL were pilfering as many things from Dune as I thought they were.

UwUnabomber fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 5, 2021

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Working through Void Stalker and dying at killing two people with chainswords and then immediately jumping out of a window going "Looks like you live to see another day!"

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

well yeah in the same sense that all fantasy is just middle earth in different hats, but the specific degree to which 40k apes not just the themes and tropes but also the terminology and details of dune is pretty funny to me

And the pacing. ive listened to most of these as audio books so it might be coloring my perception but we get the same kind of narrative rise and fall between action in open spaces and story in confined, quiet, or hidden away places.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

‘Of course. A good man. A heretic. A traitor. A murderer. A fool. My brother, the good man.’

:roflolmao:

So anyway. Brutal Kunnin is next. Weirdest thing, the audio book just appeared on my hard drive. Listening to the last half hour of Void Stalker as I type this.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Good lord is there anything similar Brutal Kunnin I could read once im done with Eisenhorn?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

I've definitely read Deff Skwadron and it rules hard. I'll definitely have a look at the recs itt.

I don't have an example of my own, but does anyone have a pet BL book that you secretly get pretty into but is unpopular?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

I almost couldn't handle it when they arrested my boy Eisenhorn.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Frogcroakley posted:

how quickly the LE sold out,
We are not gonna discuss how much i just paid a loving scalper for it because of the praise in this thread. Not counting some Aleister Crowley books that have been OoP since basically WW2 its the most I've ever paid for a book.

First time actually touching my COVID bucks so meh.

Edit:my keyboard hates bbcode tags.

UwUnabomber fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

I got the Ghazghkull SE edition last night, only about three chapters in and holy loving poo poo. I've had a strong affinity for orcs my whole life and theyre the whole reason I'm into fantasy lit in general.This is everything I've ever wanted from a BL book. I love it.