Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Those flowing locks are just begging to get pinched and yanked in between two overlapping pieces of the armour or a servo.

Gonna assume her arms and legs only go as far as the elbows and knees of the suit and there is some sort of equivalent neural control interface for movement even if it isn't a Black Carapace.
I think she connects to the armor with that bodyglove she's wearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

D-Pad posted:

The warrant of trade has to come from Terra but that doesn't mean they couldn't align themselves with your mechanicum faction for whatever reason.
Does It? Because in the rpg it's mentioned that most Rogue Traders don't show around their Warrant of Trade, so it's not uncommon for someone in flashy clothes to bullshit being a Rogue Trader. You could easily have a Mechanicus character pretend to be a Rogue Trader.

D-Pad posted:

Of course this begs the question why it isn't standard practice to remove them upon maturity so they aren't at risk of losing both if the marine gets vaporized or whatever.
The Apothecary's Union is not to be trifled with.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Telsa Cola posted:

Man imagine having a warrant of trade from Horus.
A Warrant of Trade from Konrad Kurze. People pay you not to do half of what it lets you.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Kind of surprised ash diamonds aren't a thing in the setting, because it's perfectly grimdark to be bedazzled in diamonds made of your fallen servants or something.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Vadoc posted:

The glorious Space Marine Chapter of Diamond Dogs. Which Legion do you think they'd come from?
Blood Ravens

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Deptfordx posted:

Lets not forget his squadmates who died before the heresy started.

Dansday, Abeocalypse, Samihilation, and of course Bradaclysm
The Boris Heresy

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I figure it's just a political reality that they can't wage a crusade to take back the Sabbat Worlds if they're going to purge everyone after every battle. And they're not purging everyone after the crusade ia over if they couldn't even pull that off after Armageddon. Most likely they'll closely monitor the Sabbat Worlds for centuries to make sure there's no corruption.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Guy Goodbody posted:

The feeling I get is the non-believer chapters focus on the physical facts of the Emperor's mortal body. The Primarchs were based genetically off the Emperor, the Space Marines off the Primarchs, so they have the emperor's genes flowing through their veins. The Emperor had genes, therefore he had a biological body, therefore he was a Man.
I kind of see Space Marines worshipping the Emperor like a non-divine Odin. They may not believe he's a god, but he is their king, and the greatest man in existence, which they owe their fealty to.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Groetgaffel posted:

The biggest goon project of them all.
Consider: The Imperium is merely a slightly bigger groverhaus.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The only audio book kids should be listening to is Space Marine.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ullanor, not Armageddon.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

bango skank posted:

I don't know if they're writing any actual books with the character but for reference in case anybody is unaware:

It know it's supposed to be a cylon-like visor, but it looks like two beady eyes under a red unibrow.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Biplane posted:

Can I murder you too?

I even tried finding a filez version but no luck.
Crazy thought, we could all engage in a blood pact to hunt down people with a copy.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Angry Lobster posted:

Is that a Jokaero?
Its name is Curious Jorge. Original character. Do not steal.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Fourth of Joulely.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Arquinsiel posted:

Miniatures exist of Titan crew. None of them are hardwired in. IIRC the forgeworld stuff at least had the crew plugged in, but there's not actually as much room in there as the novels like to play with.
I think it makes the most sense if each legion chooses themselves whether to do the amniotic tank or not. Like the Legions in Titanicus did it but the PoV princep's legion in Mechanicum mostly didn't and he only got tanked because he was grievously injured.

Also being in the tank isn't too bad because there's a noosphere link so you've basically got a local internet connection.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Deptfordx posted:

Just finished Solar War. Really enjoyed it.

Lol at Dorn though.

Legion Psykers are absolutely forbidden! :colbert:

In fact we're literally going to lock them in cells and shoot them if they so much as think about using their powers.

*Dorn and his precious flagship are personally threatened by warp fuckery*

Welp. :shrug: I guess Psykers are actually cool and good.

Wha? Pretty sure I remember the Dark Angels and Ultramarines just asking their Librarians really nicely not to use their powers

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dog_Meat posted:

To quote the thread titel - read Eisenhorn. Before he becomes a daemon waffle-stomping murder machine, Eisenhorn's team have a pretty desperate fight with a traitor marine and it really hammers home how dangerous those things are. To the extent that a regular 40k marine is scared to ask how he did it later on.

Yeah, Dorn is loyal to the point of being retarded. Dad said no psyker poo poo? Ok, I'm going to totally lock down EVERYTHING just in case.
Yeah, but why imprison them? If he's never going to let them out, he might as well have killed them.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ninurta posted:

Going by that shadow, he's got a bit of a hog.
The Primarchs and Space Marines are literally the "being volcel gives you superpowers" meme.

Edit: Erm, nevermind, that doesn't quite make sense when I reread it.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 9, 2019

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Custodes were made to be advisors and confidants to a living god, able to think on the Emperor's level or at least close to it while also being completely loyal to him. The way I see it, they're a bit tougher than Space Marines, but they can be better fighters because they're able to learn faster than Space Marines.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's probably Magnus because Janus got one of the loyal shards of Magnus's soul and I get the feeling that didn't disappear when Janus died.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Crazy options are Ferrus Manus and Rogal Dorn

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Remember when the old fluff speculated that Abaddon was a clone of Horus, using "the black art of cloning"? They sort of indirectly address it in one of the Black Legion books, but I'm kind of curious why they dropped it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

DirtyRobot posted:

Probably the HH series writers just decided they wanted to use the character without an extra long origin story explanation. The first HH book (I think) included a wink wink nod to the idea: the extra-preferred "sons of horus" in the legion look even more similar to Horus than marines usually do who when they take their primarch's gene seed. Abaddon is, of course, one of the sons of horus; he's also a bit bigger than your average marine.

Then, in Black Legion, ABD explored the idea a bit more when he tried to make Abaddon not extremely stupid.
How does that even work? Does the implant for bone growth puff up your face here and there to look like Horus? Or maybe the one for muscle growth?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

There's an illustration where the Emperor is standing next to some Sisters of Silence and he's actually glowing. Although it might be an artistic thing.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I want Carpenter Brut to do the soundtrack. I would do crimes to see this happen.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Randalor posted:

I think Mark Hamill would do a good job as Quixos or maybe Commodus Voke.
Mark Hamil as Prophanati

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mads Mikkelsen as the Emperor doing his best stoic Hannibal Lecter impression.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Christopher Walken as a replacement for the head lady dominatrix from book two.

He's still wearing the outfit though.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Reserving the future thread title Watch Eisenhorn, then complain the book was better

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The original Rogue Trader rulebook is pretty much Judge Dredd in space.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Oh I know Eisenhorn and all of that, but aren’t evil space inquisitors still called “inquisitor” - even by the people that are hunting them? I don’t remember if they ever lose that honorific once they earn it.
It's sort of like a designation, in the same way that we mark nuclear weapons, although those kill less people.

"Warning: This person routinely thinks about killing millions of people and has gotten quite good at it"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

im pooping! posted:

serios q

do space marines poop? and if so whose space marine poop do u think smells worse, space wolves or death guard

v important
Space Marines don't poop in the armor thanks to a recycling system.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'm the Cave Johnson-type promoting the Nemesis Dreadknight to a group of stone-faced Astartes who break into thunderous applause.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's heavily implied in A Thousand Sons that Fenris is far more populated than a death world should be because Fenrisians were genetically modified in the Dark Age to be adapted to the environment.

Other sources suggest that Space Wolve aspirants accept the implants better than expected ; the Emperor was surprised that so many of Russ's vassals survived the process even though they were older than recommended.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 30, 2019

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Inspector_666 posted:

Some dude named Horace did that once.
The Horse Heresy

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

God, I wish they'd go back and redo Horus's fall. That was such a letdown.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'm not really sure what the Estate Imperium actually is, but it makes me think of the Great Vault from Kill Six Billion Demons, guarded by crazy monks with chainglaives.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I want to see Keeler meet the Emperor and have a long thoughtful discussion on religion and its place in the Imperium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Deptfordx posted:

........and then they kiss? :grin:
The Emperor is pretty clearly volcel, which explains his incredible power.