Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

This haircut was a good idea.

Waroduce posted:

(not as bad as the wait for Steakly's Armor 2. Jk thats never coming)

Well, yeah. Steakley died a couple years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

ADB said on his facebook page that he was going to revisit Helsreach. I support this decision.

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

This totally reads as some dude's "lost Primarch" homebrew fluff for his custom chapter. What's the source?

It's some dudes Lost Primarch fluff. I like it though. We'll never get closure on either the Lost Primarchs or the Tyranids so I'm going with this. No good reason not to, until the story moves forward, which it won't.

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

In the book exile do we know what chapter that the three renegade space Marines belong to?

I would also like to know this.

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

I'm starting Space Marine tonight. I started with Eisenhorn 10 years ago and haven't read anything earlier than the first Gaunts Ghosts omnibus so this should be interesting.

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

Waroduce posted:

its a hell of a read, but super dated. for more recent poo poo i would recommend

Horus Rising
Night Lords
Helsreach
Ahriman Exile
Blood of Aseinhim (spelling is hard)

I've read them all but blood of Asaheim. I was about to buy that but I still just kinda don't like the Space Wolves. The way they're portrayed in the HH novels and in Ahriman: Sorcerer books is slowly changing that, though. I'll probably pick it up next

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

I should read Wrath of Iron, but right now I'm reading the Eye of Terror. It's very different than what I expected it to be. Would a Rogue Trader be able fly around the Eye and just not get his poo poo wrecked at the first opportunity? I'm entertained but it's so different from modern 40k books. It was the same with Space Marine. I really liked Ian Watsons writing style, but some weird poo poo goes down in that book. I'm restarting the Inquisition Wars trilogy after Eye of Terror, also written by Ian Watson. I read Draco a few years ago but didn't have the sequels then, but now I do. Anything I should keep me eye open for?

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

Keep in mind just how drat big the Eye of Terror is. There are multiple Chaos empires within the region. It's certainly possible to fly around it without instantly being attacked, but it'd still be suicidal considering all of reality is constantly shifting around you.

Yeah, you're right, I was mixing the Eye with the full on Warp. I didn't really think it through before I posted that. I mean entire civilizations exist in the Eye after all. Isn't that where the Blood Pact guys come from?

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

"Do you have the original ones or the one where they've gotten rid of the [spoiler posted:

squat?[/spoiler]

They're the originals, he'll be there. Got them at a used book store. Found some good, old non-hams sci-fi books there, too. It's a good store.

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

Pendent posted:

Whoever it was the recommended Baneblade deserves a beer. That and Shadowsword were some of my favorite 40k books.

Well, poo poo. I almost bought that today but went with that Space Sharks vs Night Lords book instead. I'll get Baneblade next.

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

I finished Red Tithe today and I swear there were hints that the Carcarodons are descended from loyalist Night Lords. Anybody else pick up on that?

CaptainAttitude fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 28, 2018

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

I still can't get over Abnett naming a marine Holofurnace. It's so silly and makes me giggle even when he is being a badass.

It's a misspelling of a biblical name, Holofernese. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_beheading_Holofernes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

Well, maybe I can save somebody else from mispronouncing his name for as long as I did, then.