Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
By all means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Think I'll do it as a weekly blog feature, since it's going to take awhile to tear through these (each map takes about 4 hours). Here's my list so far in rough order:

1e DMG (this goes first, because it's the gold standard)
The Strategic Review #1 (handful of important differences from the 1e DMG system)
Dungeon Geomorphs for D&D (the collected book)
Dungeon Builder's Guidebook for 2e
Engineering Dungeons for Castles & Crusades
5e DMG

If anyone else has any other random dungeon generators they know of, please tell me. Geomorphs are fine.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I'd really appreciate links to any free dungeon generators out there, ideally intended for RC.

Edit: also, Palace of the Silver Princess is a really weird module. Free, but still weird.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
I combined DCC RPG's Peril On The Purple Planet boxed set with the DCC RPG 'zine Crawling Under A Broken Moon for vehicle and firearm rules, and I'm running Mad Max: Fury Road: The RPG. It's pretty dope, but I have a weird issue where the setting doesn't have any currency. It isn't addressed in the module in any way, but none of the pre written adventures have any coins or valuable objects, so I'm assuming it is a fully barter based economy. This is going to be a weird experience, playing a fully currency-less D&D-like.

Also, has anyone seen any good rules for eating monsters? I know that sounds weird, but my players, having no access to supplies from merchants, are constantly on the verge of starvation and have taken to eating everything they kill. I vaguely remember Hackmaster 4e's Hacklopedia Of Beasts may have had some info on eating monsters, but I'd like to hear someone's personal experience before I bother to eBay it.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
To be fair, Mad Max probably should be a barter economy. Might be worth using the relative usefulness of stuff to decide what people will trade for what. Guns, fuel, food and water are useful (especially in the outback, where Mad Max is set); precious metals, not so much. So people will probably trade for what they need, and what they'll give in return probably depends on how much they need it and how badly they need the thing they're being offered.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Also, has anyone seen any good rules for eating monsters? I know that sounds weird, but my players, having no access to supplies from merchants, are constantly on the verge of starvation and have taken to eating everything they kill. I vaguely remember Hackmaster 4e's Hacklopedia Of Beasts may have had some info on eating monsters, but I'd like to hear someone's personal experience before I bother to eBay it.

There's not exactly rules about eating monsters. Each monster entry has a "yield" section which will show you what you can expect to get by killing it. It will sometimes mention under the heading "medicinal" that the monster is "delicious" or "edible but salty" or "can be eaten" or something, but some stuff you'd expect to be edible has "nil" listed.

If you're curious, the entries look like this:

Hook Horror
YIELD:
Medicinal: Hook Horror eyes can cure heartburn
Spell Components: Hook Horror beak is perfect for Monster Summoning I-V with a casting time of only one segment
Hide/Trophy Items: Hook Horror armor is equal to splint mail, however it is cumbersome for anyone under 9' tall.
Treasure: P
Other: A Hook Horror's hands can be used as climbing pitons

Marsh Gibberer
YIELD:
Medicinal: Marsh Gibberer flesh is edible, but tastes like warm shoe leather dipped in hot pus.
Spell Components: Marsh Gibberer tongues can be used while casting a Tongues spell. This adds a material component to the spell, but double the duration and even triples it if the spell is reversed. The entire gibberer's tongue must be used int he casting of the spell, but it need not be fresh.
Hide/Trophy Items: Nil
Treasure: Nil
Other: Nil

HM4E's Hacklopedia Of Beasts is like 8 volumes. I think the "Hacklopedia Field Manual" has a lot of common monsters in a single volume, and that might be better if you're not actually running Hackmaster.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

AlphaDog posted:

There's not exactly rules about eating monsters. Each monster entry has a "yield" section which will show you what you can expect to get by killing it. It will sometimes mention under the heading "medicinal" that the monster is "delicious" or "edible but salty" or "can be eaten" or something, but some stuff you'd expect to be edible has "nil" listed.

Hook Horror
YIELD:
Spell Components: Hook Horror beak is perfect for Monster Summoning I-V with a casting time of only one segment
Hide/Trophy Items: Hook Horror armor is equal to splint mail, however it is cumbersome for anyone under 9' tall.

Marsh Gibberer
YIELD:
Medicinal: Marsh Gibberer flesh is edible, but tastes like warm shoe leather dipped in hot pus.
Spell Components: Marsh Gibberer tongues can be used while casting a Tongues spell. This adds a material component to the spell, but double the duration and even triples it if the spell is reversed. The entire gibberer's tongue must be used int he casting of the spell, but it need not be fresh.

HM4E's Hacklopedia Of Beasts is like 8 volumes. I think the "Hacklopedia Field Manual" has a lot of common monsters in a single volume, and that might be better if you're not actually running Hackmaster.

While that seems extremely amusing to read, I was hoping it might have some guidelines for feeding someone. I'm not particularly concerned with exact realism, but some rough abstraction into days of usable food, not factoring in taking time to smoke or dry the meat. Has anyone seen anything like that in any game system?

How many days of food is a buzzard worth? A lion? A dead guy?

A human can live off a pound of meat per day, probably? But any meat is likely spoiled after a day or two in the desert, so maybe a dead monster is probably enough food for the party for two days.

Also it's DCC so I should probably throw in a low DC Fortitude save vs sickness/parasites for extra "fun"

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

While that seems extremely amusing to read, I was hoping it might have some guidelines for feeding someone. I'm not particularly concerned with exact realism, but some rough abstraction into days of usable food, not factoring in taking time to smoke or dry the meat. Has anyone seen anything like that in any game system?

I don't know enough DCC to really suggest anything, but here's how Hackmaster covers it - you can go 2 days without water and con/3 days without food before you have to start using the starvation/dehydration rules. I can't remember exactly how that works or how much food/water you need each day (the rules are there somewhere though), but there's a Slaughter skill that tells you how much meat is in an animal.

There's similar stuff for foraging too, from memory.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 1, 2016

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012

Arivia posted:

Think I'll do it as a weekly blog feature, since it's going to take awhile to tear through these (each map takes about 4 hours). Here's my list so far in rough order:

The Strategic Review #1 (handful of important differences from the 1e DMG system)
5e DMG

If anyone else has any other random dungeon generators they know of, please tell me. Geomorphs are fine.

Dunno if it's too far out, given this is a D&D thread, but Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2E has a random dungeon generation system. It's kinda weird. You roll a bunch of d6s in a box and the numbers tell you the kind of room and you use their relative positions is the box as a kind of abstract representation of the layout, and draw connection between them.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'd really appreciate links to any free dungeon generators out there, ideally intended for RC.

Edit: also, Palace of the Silver Princess is a really weird module. Free, but still weird.

This one is a square map generator that populates with AD&D monsters (I sort of am not a huge fan of the flavor text): Dunjon
This one is a geomorph map generator that populates with several different systems: Wizardawn
This one is a geomorph map generator with an incredible number of geomorphs that allows you to customize your map, but doesn't people it with monsters: Dave's Mapper

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

AlphaDog posted:

I don't know enough DCC to really suggest anything, but here's how Hackmaster covers it - you can go 2 days without water and con/3 days without food before you have to start using the starvation/dehydration rules. I can't remember exactly how that works or how much food/water you need each day (the rules are there somewhere though), but there's a Slaughter skill that tells you how much meat is in an animal.

There's similar stuff for foraging too, from memory.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

DCC skill checks are easy. It's your typical d20+ability mod, roll higher than 5/10/15/20 (easy/challenging/difficult/impossible) to succeed. If the task is related to your background you get +2 (a grave digger digging a hole) and you can't attempt if your background wouldn't know how (a grave digger performing a Japanese tea ceremony).

Oddly, DCC also uses roll-under-ability checks, but only sometimes, and never in the core rule book, leading me to believe editing could be a little tighter in published material.

Edit: If you ever ask a player to roll a dice just to dig a hole you're a terrible DM

Vlaada Chvatil fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 1, 2016

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

A human can live off a pound of meat per day, probably? But any meat is likely spoiled after a day or two in the desert, so maybe a dead monster is probably enough food for the party for two days.

Also it's DCC so I should probably throw in a low DC Fortitude save vs sickness/parasites for extra "fun"

There like 1 million survivalist forums where you can read about this sort of stuff all day if you'd like. Anyone in the TFR hunting thread should be able to tell you roughly "deer that weighs X yields Y pounds of meat" and just extrapolate from there.

Aa someone who has dug a lot of post holes in his life, I assure you there is definitely some skill involved in fast and efficient digging.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Paul Hughes, who runs the Blog of Holding, has an interactive online version of the 1e DMG random dungeon tables here; the art is from a poster-sized dungeon map version that he Kickstarted a few years back.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

AlphaDog posted:

Hook Horror
YIELD:

Marsh Gibberer
YIELD:

Thats pretty great/entertaining.

Maybe Greenwood will do a mega-set of Ecologies Of ... with some east usable game-effect lists tacked on. :D

(that will never happen)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
FWIW I use the 5th Edition DMG dungeon generator over the AD&D 1e one because it's a lot easier to practically draw than following Gygax's guide to meandering corridors and whatnot.

Although lately I've just been doing point-crawls where it's more important to come up with rooms, room relationships, and useful tip-offs in between rooms.

AlphaDog posted:

Hackmaster ... the rules are there somewhere though

Too perfect.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Arivia posted:

5e DMG

Really looking forward to this. I didn't have a lot of friends to game with in my early teens (:smith:), so I spent way too many hours of my childhood just rolling up crazy random dungeon adventures with the 1E DMG.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Arivia posted:

Does anyone know of any good room-by-room dungeon generators that you roll by hand, like Gygax's in the Strategic Review #1/DMG 1e? Gygax's is great, but I'm curious to see what results you get with a different system.

I know this is both late and probably not what you're looking for, but, if you're a GM with no time to prep, I found using this rule from a free adventure works pretty well:

quote:

When the adventure starts, set the dungeon pressure to 1. Whenever they get past a room without fighting, make a lot of nose, or something similarly flashy, increase the pressure. Whenever they get into a battle, set the pressure back to 1. Everytime they enter a room, roll a d6. If you get over the pressure, put a trap, riddle, etc. challenge that relies more on wits and skills inherently. If you get under the pressure, set up an encounter with a monster (but don't start the battle: let them try to avoid it).

If you quickly map out the dungeon and give it a set number of rooms, this rule works well-enough for the good imrpov GM who finds himself having to setup a pickup game (either because you don't have enough people and don't want to spoil your prep for the main game or your GM couldn't make it today and you're all here anyway so you decided to step up and GM).

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I have another dumb OD&D question. Do spells with a given range (say 6") become super long range on a strategic map or are the ranges intended to always by applied at the dungeon map level?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

I have another dumb OD&D question. Do spells with a given range (say 6") become super long range on a strategic map or are the ranges intended to always by applied at the dungeon map level?

I don't know about OD&D, but Gygax calls that out as intended design in the 1e DMG.

fidgit
Apr 27, 2002

And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.
For any of you in the southern New England area, I've scheduled a bunch of Goodman Games road crew games. Here's the schedule so far:

All games are taking place at Untapped Games in Pawtucket, RI from 2PM-6PM.

4/16/2016 DCC: Synthetic Swordsmen of the Purple Planet
4/24/2016 DCC: Woeful Caves Under Yonder Mountain
5/1/2016 DCC: Grimtooth's Museum of Death
5/8/2016 DCC: Beyond the Silver Scream
5/15/2016 DCC: Crawljammer
5/21/2016 DCC: Well of Souls
5/28/2016 DCC: Abbot of the Woods
6/4/2016 Metamorphosis Alpha

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Arivia posted:

I don't know about OD&D, but Gygax calls that out as intended design in the 1e DMG.

Good enough for me. I'll inform my players that they can now unlock a door from over 30 miles away.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

fidgit posted:

For any of you in the southern New England area, I've scheduled a bunch of Goodman Games road crew games. Here's the schedule so far:

All games are taking place at Untapped Games in Pawtucket, RI from 2PM-6PM.

4/16/2016 DCC: Synthetic Swordsmen of the Purple Planet
4/24/2016 DCC: Woeful Caves Under Yonder Mountain
5/1/2016 DCC: Grimtooth's Museum of Death
5/8/2016 DCC: Beyond the Silver Scream
5/15/2016 DCC: Crawljammer
5/21/2016 DCC: Well of Souls
5/28/2016 DCC: Abbot of the Woods
6/4/2016 Metamorphosis Alpha
You're the one who's been spamming the meetup! :argh:

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

DalaranJ posted:

Good enough for me. I'll inform my players that they can now unlock a door from over 30 miles away.
If I remember it was just the indoor-to-outdoor translation, not the indoor-to-world-map translation.

Like from 1" = 10 feet to 1" = 10 yards or whatever it was.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

FRINGE posted:

If I remember it was just the indoor-to-outdoor translation, not the indoor-to-world-map translation.

Like from 1" = 10 feet to 1" = 10 yards or whatever it was.

This.

AD&D PHB, page 39 posted:

For purposes of the game distances are basically one-third with respect to spell and missile range from outdoors to indoors/underground situations.Thus most ranges are shown as inches by means of the symbol “, i.e. 1“, etc. Outdoors, 1” equals 10 yards. Indoors 1” equals 10 feet. Such a ratio is justifiable, to some extent, regardless of game considerations.

<a paragraph of some extent of justification>

Distance scale and areas of effect for spells (and missiles) are designed to fit the game, The tripling of range outdoors is reasonable, as it allows for recreation of actual ranges for hurled javelins, arrows fired from longbows, or whatever. In order to keep magic spells on a par, their range is also tripled. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT OUTDOOR SCALE BE USED FOR RANGE ONLY, NEVER FOR SPELL AREA OF EFFECT...

<some stuff about how if "a figure" represents 10 or 20 wizards casting at once then you also triple the AoE and really who's even doing any of this, why is it even in the book>

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 3, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I just bought The Front, which is OSR World War 2. Is there an OSR cyberpunk game? I have to believe that there must be.

Covok posted:

quote:

When the adventure starts, set the dungeon pressure to 1. Whenever they get past a room without fighting, make a lot of nose, or something similarly flashy, increase the pressure. Whenever they get into a battle, set the pressure back to 1. Everytime they enter a room, roll a d6. If you get over the pressure, put a trap, riddle, etc. challenge that relies more on wits and skills inherently. If you get under the pressure, set up an encounter with a monster (but don't start the battle: let them try to avoid it).
If you quickly map out the dungeon and give it a set number of rooms, this rule works well-enough for the good imrpov GM who finds himself having to setup a pickup game (either because you don't have enough people and don't want to spoil your prep for the main game or your GM couldn't make it today and you're all here anyway so you decided to step up and GM).

Scarlet Heroes does have an additional method for quickly plotting out a dungeon: for every room that's (about to be) entered, roll a d20. If it comes up a 20, then the McGuffin, final treasure hoard, or Big Bad is in the room.

If the players have explored half the dungeon (however you want to determine that, or if you want to hurry up the end of the dungeon), start adding a cumulative +1 to the d20 roll for every room they've explored, and a 20 or higher counts for getting to the McGuffin/hoard/Boss.

If the players are finally at the last room of the dungeon (again assuming you had a set number of rooms in mind or time is up for today's session), then roll a final d20. If it's a 1 to 10, then the McGuffin/hoard/Boss was not here for reasons, but maybe you have a lead on where to go next. On an 11 to 20, they're there on exactly that final room.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 3, 2016

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just bought The Front, which is OSR World War 2. Is there an OSR cyberpunk game? I have to believe that there must be.

Stark Space is a White Star compatible product detailing new rules and options for cyberpunk future games. It's not a stand-alone game and requires the White Star corebook to use.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Working on the 1e DMG results. Tables are wonderful things:

17. This one takes some explanation. It was first a single passage coming out of the one way door, then it split into a Y. The left fork of the Y then generated a side passage heading back into the space between the Y, and the width of that side passage turned out to be a FORTY FOOT WIDE RIVER. So I decided the river filled up the space between both parts of the Y, and lead out the left fork of the Y until the river was forty feet wide. So despite how large a space this is, it's actually three passages stacked next to each other, and not a room.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is there an OSR cyberpunk game? I have to believe that there must be.

You could always start buying up Cyberpunk 2020 stuff before the prices go crazy post-C2077.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
I occasionally read a few more pages of Numenera or The Strange but dont want to memorize any new systems. I like the setting ideas. Someday I think Ill do an on-the-fly mashup game with a loose 2e system supercharged to numenera/strange/planescape action and hopping realities. (Or Ill break down and learn Cypher and just throw in some occasional Planescape flavor.)

One of my old players just started bugging me to look at roll20 or whatever that online video chat dnd service is, and it got me thinking about this. Since I am sitting inside instead of out having a life tonight I am sharing these deep thoughts here.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone ever played with the TSR-era Psionic rules? What was your experience like?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'm running DCC for the first time tomorrow and I'm pumped.

What's everyone's views on allowing some ability score increases when hitting 1st? Like letting them reroll 2-3 non-Luck stats on 4d6s3 on that first advancement.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

gradenko_2000 posted:

Has anyone ever played with the TSR-era Psionic rules? What was your experience like?

Dark Sun, or just regular? Psionics were kind of screwy but used a resource point system and it was so low in regular play that in the groups I rolled with, it was a "well, if you actually can beat the RNG, then good luck with it on your character". Of course, the games where it was allowed in were ones that you could be tried as a witch and burned at the stake, so. Mechanically speaking, it was fine? I don't seem to remember any crazy poo poo with it.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

gradenko_2000 posted:

There are a lot of duds in the selection of powers, and entire lines (or genres or whatever) that are pretty useless. I found that the rules are at their best when used to complement normal pcs as wild talents. A bonafide psychic might outclass a thief, but is going to be worse off than the magic using classes (and probably the dart-fighter too).

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

We used the small wild talents occasionally, but never the full-blown class.

They were fine, but it is another system to keep track of. We never used the "core" psionic methods of attack/defence, but as far as I can remember it was a lack of interest more than anything else.

In Dark Sun you would be kind of obligated to use (or replace) psionics though, since they are a pretty big deal. I had a stray thought of learning and tweaking the rules for a FR Serpent Kingdoms/Dragon Reach story, but never really started on it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I was shocked at how deeply-integrated the AD&D 1e Psionic rules were with the rest of the system. I had remembered them being a weird tack-on, but there's a lot of monsters who depend on them. Not just the obvious stuff like mind flayers and intellect devourers - some you wouldn't expect, like Demons and Devils.

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.

dwarf74 posted:

I'm running DCC for the first time tomorrow and I'm pumped.

What's everyone's views on allowing some ability score increases when hitting 1st? Like letting them reroll 2-3 non-Luck stats on 4d6s3 on that first advancement.

Hope the game was fun! Did you run a module or home brew?

Anyway, DCC isn't too dependent on high scores - no prime requisites and a relatively flat bonus curve, so go for it. Especially if your players aren't having fun with characters with low scores. Although I cherish the memory of my old pathfinder DM's angst over rolling 3d6 in order, I know that's not everyone's thing. If I did it I'd work it into the funnel somehow and give an in game reason for the stat increase - weird radiation, a blessing, house rule a non-wizard patron system into existence, etc and use it as a hook for more adventures.

I guess it gives characters an edge in the resource management mini game of ability scores, especially if they can spellburn. Otherwise it's not going to save their character from a horrible death to have slightly better stats.

Of course, you don't have to take my word for it - let's check in what everyone's favorite love to hate book burner has to say about it.

Joseph Goodman posted:

Why are we so explicit in the declaration of ability score process? Because you are an experienced gamer, and you know many other ways to determine ability scores. The open beta process revealed that ability score generation is the very first rule to be overridden by many players. This is your game and you should feel free to adapt it as you wish. We do encourage you to “buck tradition” and try at least one game using the precise method described here (3d6 straight down the line). It’s a blast from the past, and something you probably haven’t attempted in a decade or more. However, should you decide to house-rule otherwise, we expect this to be the place you begin.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I have a few questions.

1. Is there a good place to get pdfs of 2e stuff on the cheap?

2. Is there any non-adventure supplements for Basic beyond the Rules Cyclopedia.

3. The Dark Dungeons link in the op goes to the guys blog which provides a link to a store which doesn't exist and redirects to some stuff for Virgin. Is there a new place to get it?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Glorified Scrivener posted:

Hope the game was fun! Did you run a module or home brew?

Anyway, DCC isn't too dependent on high scores - no prime requisites and a relatively flat bonus curve, so go for it. Especially if your players aren't having fun with characters with low scores. Although I cherish the memory of my old pathfinder DM's angst over rolling 3d6 in order, I know that's not everyone's thing. If I did it I'd work it into the funnel somehow and give an in game reason for the stat increase - weird radiation, a blessing, house rule a non-wizard patron system into existence, etc and use it as a hook for more adventures.

I guess it gives characters an edge in the resource management mini game of ability scores, especially if they can spellburn. Otherwise it's not going to save their character from a horrible death to have slightly better stats.

Of course, you don't have to take my word for it - let's check in what everyone's favorite love to hate book burner has to say about it.
Yeah, cool deal then. I'll give it a shot.

We had a fantastic time, getting through the first half or so of Starless Sea. We're going to level the survivors up early next session, which should be a pretty big spike in capability!

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

I have a few questions.

1. Is there a good place to get pdfs of 2e stuff on the cheap?

2. Is there any non-adventure supplements for Basic beyond the Rules Cyclopedia.

3. The Dark Dungeons link in the op goes to the guys blog which provides a link to a store which doesn't exist and redirects to some stuff for Virgin. Is there a new place to get it?

1. https://www.dmsguild.com has 2e pdfs; how cheap it is depends on what you're after, but it doesn't get any more expensive than about $10 (which is for the core rulebooks and some of the big setting books).

2. Not to my knowledge.

3. http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/177410/Dark-Dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Weird. I searched Drivethru last night and all it yielded was stuff that included the words dark and dungeons. Thanks for your help.

• Locked thread