Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Way of the Samurai
Walk into town, chop dudes in the face with your sword. Varied endings based on factions you support and branches you take, uprgradable swords that persist through various playthroughs (unless you lose them), fun all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I own this and Overdose, and it is a legitimately fun game for as bad as I am at it. :allears:

I tried to play Warship Gunner 2 but the TV my PS2 is hooked to is tiny because it's in a back room, and that game does not go well with low visibility at all.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Masa posted:

Shadow of Destiny (or Shadow of Memories in Europe) is an adventure-ish game where you start out as a guy who repeatedly gets murdered. Each time you die, you get sent back in time to before it happened and you have to figure out how to stop it and eventually figure out who is responsible. You also end up traveling back in time to the middle ages and some time around the beginning of the 20th century. The story is pretty good, as far as game stories go.

If the premise sounds interesting but you don't want to or can't track down a copy, there is an excellent LP of it on The LP Archive.

quote:

Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed
I admit that I've only played the Xbox version, but the two are supposed to be mostly the same.
This is a turn-based strategy game with real-world military equipment from several countries. The map is hex-based, and generally you go around capturing cities, and try to capture the enemy's capital (I think, it's been a long time since I played it). A big part of the strategy is keeping your army supplied, as all of your units have a limited amount of ammo and fuel, and you have to bring along supply trucks or resupply them in your captured cities. Using artillery to soften up enemy units is also a very important part of the game.

The difference between the PS2 and 360 versions is that the PS2 basically contains what we would today consider to be DLC mission packs. It added some extra maps and that's about it. Still a quality game though, I enjoy my copy to this day.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

U.T. Raptor posted:

First one was kind of mediocre, but the second one was great.

I actually preferred the first one to the second. The second one seemed haphazard and disjointed by comparison.

Purely a matter of taste, though.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

peeNamaste posted:

So one of my friends and I remembered the name of a game we've been trying to remember for a few months, and it's Kengo: Master of Bushido. I ordered it but it's not here yet. Has anyone else played it?

It's a samurai combat game, with lots of blood and limb damage if I remember correctly. We played it a lot when we were younger but I'm worried that it won't live up to how we remember. There was a similar incident with Chaos Legion. We remembered that game being awesome, ordered it, and it wasn't.

I don't have the PS2 version of this, but the Xbox version was nothing like the Bushido Blade games that preceeded it. Bushido Blade was much faster and more lethal, Kengo was more of a fighting game. You had to learn a bunch of specific attacks (and unlock them, and do training minigames and other such bullshit).

It was a disappointment. That said, pick up the PS1 Bushido Blade games, they run just fine on the PS2 and are incredible fun.

• Locked thread