Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

I'm a huge navy game sperg so I picked up Warship Gunner 2 a while back and drat is it a blast. You start out in a fairly unassuming WWII setting (if fairly anime) slugging it out with destroyers and suddenly the technology level starts going nuts with guided missiles, lasers, energy shields shields and plasma projectors that split the sea as they fire! :black101: You also have full control over the customization of your ship and you can build insane things like eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Spintzel posted:

I'm going to recommend Warship Gunner 2 (or any of the games in the series really). Basically you control your own battleship/submarine/cruiser/carrier/orbital death machine and fight your way through a ridiculous story that is an alternate reality WW2. You'll start off with basic weapons of the era but as you race through the tech tree you'll end up from modern day jets to gigantic flamethrowers to rave inducing laser cannons. Also the game takes itself serious at parts that make no sense whatsoever (at one point you need to cross the pacific into the atlantic so you barge through and blow the Panama canal the gently caress up). Also WW2:

Don't forget fighting bosses that are far far bigger than anything you can ever build, like a battleship with rocket engines on the back, a gigantic aircraft carrier that when blown up sheds its decks and becomes a battleship and my favorite, a ship with a huge drill on the front and saw blades on the sides.

Edit: VVV Whoops I was actually thinking of the one from Naval Ops: Commander which had one drill.

BillyJoeBob fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 12, 2012

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

BafflerMeat posted:

I picked up a few of the suggestions from this thread, namely Psi Ops and Ratchet Deadlocked (though since I got a used Greatest Hits version underrated might not be the word for it) but, instead of picking up Gungrave I accidentally bought a game called Gungriffon BLAZE which is not about mythic robots getting high but I decided to keep it anyway since it was 6$. I'm glad I did: It's a foil-wrapped released-in-2000 gem of a mech game that plays a little like Mechwarrior and Armored Core slapped Together. It has scratched my customization itch but it's not quite as deep as the AC games. If you like Mech sims I seriously recommend giving this a try.

Gungriffon Blaze was my first PS2 game and I love it. My favorite mech was the Jagdpanther, it had a pair of gatling guns that would make the A-10 cry. Some of the levels got really loving hard. :argh: Egypt advanced. I really wish they'd make another Gungriffon game because Allied Strike doesn't work on the 360. Mech FPSes are pretty great and I think Gungriffon is what made me like Hawken.

• Locked thread