Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

No, sorry, this game is awful. Have you played it in the last 10 years?

Edit: just checked, was released in 2006 and has metacritic score of 74 which is far too high.

Part of the game was fine, but whoever decided to go with that for combat controls should be shot. I liked that the gameplay varied so much, but controlling your mech was a pain in the rear end. I mean its like if you took Virtual On and made the combat much slower, with less going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Toad King posted:

WinBack: Covert Operations was originally an N64 game that was later ported to the PS2 with extra features like no Superman 64 fog and voice acting. A pretty obvious cash-in on the Metal Gear Solid craze, but instead of stealth, WinBack is a good contender for the first use of cover-based shooting we've all come to love. But as the prototype, it's very unpolished, and I won't argue with anybody who replies to this and says the game is not good. The combat is kinda of repetitive and the voice acting is cheesy as all hell, but I still like the game. More games today need action rolling out of cover.

Bonus Voiceacting Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdI0Iamz1EQ

I had this for N64, and I had no idea that the game would be so loving long. I loved the game but I remember getting pissed off at that one part on the roof where you had to roll under the lasers.

It also had a crazy story that was pretty dumb in the end.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Len posted:

I finally started Kings Field Ancient City and goddamn is it clunky. The fact I can't turn with the right stick is awful.

I really need to start playing this again. I really liked it, but I think I got stuck somewhere and quit playing.

• Locked thread