Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Seconding the recommendation of Warship Gunner 2 and Warship Commander. Two great games.

Also, I actually wrote an article about this elsewhere - recently, the 'long lost' missing link between Dark Souls and King's Field was translated. Shadow Tower Abyss.

You'll either need a beefy enough PC to emulate it, or a modded PS2, but you can find it pretty easily. As it's so old and forgotten (it wasn't even big in Japan, and faded quickly into obscurity), I personally figure it falls under the heading of 'abandonware'. You can find a download link in this article/review over at Indie Game Magazine.

It's faster and more accessible than King's Field, but still tough and all about careful resource management. It also introduced the whole soul-devouring progression mechanic that we later saw in Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

For those who don't want to go wade through a link to a link to a link to a link to finally get the drat thing, direct link to the patched iso

I didn't want to directly link that because, y'know, direct links to PS2 ISOs probably won't go down too well with the moderators.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 24, 2012

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Schubalts posted:

EDGE MAVERICK

I'll take those silly names and raise you a KATANA FARAWAY

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Silhouette posted:

All of those names pale in comparison to ROCKETBILLY REDCADILLAC from Gungrave. :kamina:

... Okay, yeah. I forgot about him. And that really is the best name - the character design lives up to it, too.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Lothar posted:

PLEASE tell me you have played Kessen 3!

Kessen 3 blows 1 and 2 away!

Been years since I've played anything in the series, but wasn't Kessen 3 a very different sorta game? I remember it being more of an action-tactics deal.

• Locked thread