Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Sir Unimaginative posted:

USB headphones scream gimmick, but you're close - most useful sound cards are external these days because there isn't much room left between the signal capabilities of onboard sound and the signal floor available inside the computer with its sixty-someodd pieces of EMI-generating circuitry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're speaking about something like a DAC right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

well why not posted:

You know how a few years ago, we crossed the threshold for SSDs being really, really worth it? Like, if you bought a computer with no SSD since 2012, you're blowing it?

We're currently at that moment for 1440p/4k monitors.

Truth.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

spog posted:

I think that they also used water at a hell of a rate, so you had to refill more often than adding fuel.

The Doble Jay Leno has is a closed loop system as de strayed in the video,