Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's a 2003 Suzuki Liana/Aerio.

p-hop posted:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 188 55 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shameful poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Was it some version of this amazing thing:

I think it was known as the MasterAce Surf in Japan and the Space Cruiser in Europe. Ours was branded "Toyota LE Van."

Supposedly it's based heavily on the invincible Hilux. My parents had one with two sunroofs and an ice maker. I found out later that they sold it, still in perfect working order, just because their HOA kept bitching about it being unsightly. I was gutted.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

There was/is a building in Boston that had one of those on the main door to the bathroom, you had to get a token from one of the businesses in the building. I still have one of the tokens, it's smaller than a dime and a perfect kief sifter for my grinder!

Always be vapin' fossilized baby boomer poo.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Today I learned that Denmark and Canada still have malls instead of rotting grey concrete husks squatting on vast tracts of uninhabited wasteland.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Doctor Bishop posted:

This is one of those times where I'm reminded that English could really use an augmentative suffix to go with the buttload of diminutive suffixes that it has. Well, besides -zilla, that is. Then again, "diskzilla" would be a pretty :krad: name.

-a-poppin'
-a-million
-ahoy
-daddy
-orama
-ola
"on crack"
"on steroids"

Wow, you're right. I had never considered that there weren't really (m)any of these, and the ones we have suck. -zilla seems like best. Also it seems like they're all from advertising.

Edit: Call it diskdaddy tho.

moller has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Jan 14, 2018

moller
Jan 10, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_liberalism

Liberalism in an economic sense literally means the absence of regulation and the maximization of the decision-making power of the individual actor (and by extension, the corporation.) Protectionism, re-distributive policies, worker protections, and taxation are all contrary to the goals and beliefs of economic liberalism.

Using it like that in an American context is bound to be confusing though, since we tend to think of liberalism as something different.

See also: Chomsky labeling himself a libertarian.

EDIT: I believe this is also why the term neoliberalism came into vogue, although it essentially means the same thing as (economic) liberalism, but exists as a separate term in order to contrast it with the public connotation of liberalism.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Ruflux posted:

In other words, it actually works better than any of the GTA releases after, with the exception of GTA V :v:

I was completely shocked when I booted up the Steam release of San Andreas on a lark, using my steamlink and a wireless ds4. Not only did it run in a proper widescreen resolution, but the controller was mapped perfectly by default, including the right sick.

When I played the PC version on release, there right sick camera control wouldn't work without a third party program called SAAC.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

T-man posted:

I'm posting on a T400 because it was originally a cheap laptop for my Mom that she didn't want. My semi-decent tablet laptop convertible died a horrific firmware death, so this is the best I got. Battery lasts about 20 minutes off mains.

I'm still using a T420. :420:

moller
Jan 10, 2007

mystes posted:

I think there were a bunch of other cases where "xx ready" was used to mean a device that couldn't actually support something without additional equipment, but I'm having trouble remembering what they were now.

I bought a head unit that was "Sirus XM ready" but you had to buy an additional three-digit dongle.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

The best part of Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time was the answering machine greetings (in .wav format) that were included on the disc for your use.

My favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOHU9FMg5k

I was partial to the TSR that made each key press in Windows produce a different burp/fart/vomit/etc sound. There was one particularly evocative vomit sound that has been stuck in my head all these years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Audiogalaxy and OiNK were like watching two libraries of Alexandria be burned.