Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

My parents bought one of these on clearance at Toys R Us when I was a kid, the Victormaxx Stuntmaster. You hooked it up to your Super Nintendo and all of a sudden you were in the world of Uniracers! Or at least, you had a little TV directly in front of your eyes that you played Uniracers on. It was extremely heavy for kids and only really worked for any length of time if you laid on your back while you used it. It didn't really live up to the "VIRTUAL REALITY" hype the box built up but it was neat enough to lay around and play Super Mario without any distractions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

The_Franz posted:

The Angry Nerd guy did a video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy373DpKGAE

Neither of them can actually use it for more than a few seconds without getting a headache.

Huh, that's weird, I played Super Nintendo on mine all the time. It was definitely one of those things where what they were trying to do was just a little too advanced for what was possible or cost-effective at the time.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Weirdly those pictures seem way more acceptable than the bigger, higher resolution color ones to me. Knowing that they were taken by a watch maybe does it?

It kind of reminds me of the Gameboy Camera. I saved up and bought one, I have no idea what I thought I was going to do with it. The question was moot anyway because the day I bought it I also had a bunch of friends stay over including the kind of edge-of-group guy I didn't really like but he was around when I was inviting everyone else, and he stole it that night after I took a couple of lovely pictures and played an awful game with my friends' faces on it a couple times. I guess it could have been one of my actual friends but he was known for stealing stuff and since the thing was so useless I can't imagine a friend taking it.