Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Lord Booga posted:

There's a reason that there is a famous old joke - "If Commodore bought KFC, they would rename it Warm Dead Bird" - I loved my Amigas (they were reasonably popular here in NZ) (and have emulators for when I get that nostalgic urge), but Commodore was terrible at marketing.

I got rid of my dad's amigas earlier this year, but in the meantime I've been trying to find ways to emulate the dozens and dozens of floppy games I had for that thing. I've almost got one to work--almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
My dad did a lot of computer animation with Lightwave and started on the Amiga 500 with Video Toaster. It was incredible thinking back even today the kind of stuff that was possible when all I remember was playing floppy disc games like Dungeon Master on it.

I had to junk the Amiga 500, 2000, and 3000 when I moved recently because although they started up fine, the floppy drives wouldn't read the disks, or the floppies had been hosed by sitting in a dank basement for years, either way the couple dozen games I had were all useless. I kept them anyways, though.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Base Emitter posted:

Some pics from the Georgetown Steam Plant in Seattle, an electric generating plant built in 1906.

Hell of a place to host your final punk rock show too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubqWbfg2elQ