Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

JediTalentAgent posted:

I sort of wonder how much something like Youtube's fan-made music videos have similarly changed the file-sharing music scene. Instead of having to load up a file sharing program, go to shady sites, etc., I can type in a random song or album in a trusted and well-known site like Youtube and hear it on demand.

Probably has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBENFwxM0s

I can't find the video now, but someone tried using it like a year or two ago and pieces of it still worked.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Everything from Nokia back then was indestructible.

I was one of the tens of people who had the Nokia 7380.

Dropped it in a toilet, keeps working. Partying for a night and it's been sitting underwater for 8 hours? Still working.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Groda posted:

Is that the stainless steel one? It cost a drat fortune here in Sweden.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

I thought it did, until I watched this:

What you see is what you get. :classiclol:

It was certainly an "interesting " phone to have. I felt the SMS managed to be quicker because it would learn your commonly used words with some usage, and there was a tiny bit of feedback for each notch you rolled the wheel, so you'd eventually get a feel for just how far to move between clicks to type quicky.

But overall, it was simply a phone that went for form over function, perfect for the narssicist who wanted a mirror built into their phone. The legacy continued with the Sidekick/Hiptop from Danger, who had a key combination to blank the screen so you could use it as a mirror to check your hair/makeup.

edit: Holy poo poo I paid €500 in 2006 for that.

less than three has a new favorite as of 06:38 on Aug 10, 2015

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sormus posted:

This thread has made me sad about what happened to Nokia.

Apparently after Microsoft bought them and proceeded to drop the ball they're going to try it again on their own. :iiam:

edit: oh god if you go to http://www.nokia.com/ it's now a creepy drone staring into your eyes.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

lazydog posted:

Americans have lots of options for wall switches and outlets, like

But the old fashioned toggle switches and outlets cost less than 50 cents each. The stuff with hidden screws is a bit more expensive, and most people don't care enough to either request it in new construction, or to replace their existing ones.

This is the best plug because it's :monocle:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kelp Me! posted:

also the Motorola Droid 4 was the single greatest slide-out-keyboard Android phone of all time by a wide margin

look at this indestructible motherfucker

Sidekick for life

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

I just finished watching that, pretty neat

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

You can do this by upgrading over and over up to 2000. XP wipes out your saved color schemes.

Yes I watched some guy do this.

https://youtu.be/vPnehDhGa14

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
We have an employee who occasionally shows up in an embroidered Best Buy polo.

We are not Best Buy.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Unperson_47 posted:

Minidiscs are so gorgeous.

That's all I wanted to say.

The players lasted forever on a single AA battery. Using ATRAC and SonicStage was less fun.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Manuel Calavera posted:

Going to repeat for a new page that this is absolutely a pro click.

Thank you, I missed this the first time but it has me in stitches.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Manuel Calavera posted:

Are the others just as good? Does he still do these videos? Because if so then a sub is in order because god drat was that quality. Rip Bitchass J-3 Cub.

e - also hail gay Satan, Seitan, both of whomst have said trans rights.

I was sent this one and it's good as well, so I'm probably going to binge on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fajm2QQ_Wck

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah here for the fire department at least, it's all transmitted to a tablet and a printout not an actual radio call.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
ham crimes and misdemeanors

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
You can still get similar, but it's super hipster now.

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/coffee-brewing-alarm-clock/

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Manuel Calavera posted:

Is it obsolete to build a new computer and leave one panel off with a spare SATA/PSU cable hanging out of it so I can transfer old files to the new HDD? I've got one to go of the three I had.

Nope, that's how I do it. I just leave the side panel off and plug/unplug drives as needed until I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Unperson_47 posted:

I watched that entire Techmoan Minidisc roundup and I gotta say the gumstick batteries are really appealing for some reason. I've never heard of them before that video and now I just want to hold one.

I forgot about them until his new videos. My MD player lasted a million hours on a single charge with that battery.