Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

stealie72 posted:

At least you can put the latest lovely pop band's hits on that.

If only you could make your own tapes with a mix of songs you wanted...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aristophanes posted:

My first MP3 player was one of these:

Ah, the Toshiba Gigabeat F20. 20GB of storage, which I filled with all sorts of low bitrate MP3s downloaded from Limewire. I remember my charging dock never worked properly, but it didn't matter really. It served me excellently until the capacitive touch + thing used to get stuck, so if you wanted to turn the volume up one level it would keep going all the way til max :(

Fond memories of installing Rockbox on it, it blew my mind when I saw you could play DOOM :aaaaa:

Someone else who actually had this? This is also almost the exact post i would have made. I still use mine, actually. I have a smartphone but like the 40GB storage. The screen broke on the first one i had so now I just use it for external storage.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

https://twitter.com/Bhaal_Spawn/status/1592871328444723201?s=20&t=a-m5oTv3CCA8Yxu2Eto_3w

Speaking of obsolete the only computer game my elderly father likes to play is Half-Life 2 deathmatch. I've tried to get him to try newer games but he always goes back to HL2DM. Today I was on his PC remotely to perform some maintenance and I loaded up Steam.

He has played 7,236 hours of that game! That's almost 300 days!

The dude is over 80 and he still sends me screenshots of his high scores, playing against Swedes in the middle of the night.

I don't know how common it is, but Steam keeps games saying they are running after I close them. I have a few games with absurd play time but that is just because Steam is still counting after I close the game.