Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

Holy gently caress, I'm pretty sure I have two copies of that. Who's buying these? Obsessive Disney collectors? Racists? The Venn diagram intersection of those two?

I'm seeing that these sell for $200 or so pretty regularly, now I have to decide if I want to keep it because Disney wants to memory-hole it so badly, or if I should sell it because I don't want to be "that guy with the racist movies on Laserdisc", or what.

I'd not worry too much about being "that guy with the racist movies on Laserdisc" if I were you. I'd be willing to bet that most people who know that Song of The South is racist also know that having a physical copy of it is interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

This is really neat. That packaging is something else

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Buttcoin purse posted:

The time bomb isn't just in the installer:

Oh well, I can set the clock back in my VM. Obviously it'd be more of a pain in the rear end for normal people who don't use VMs all the time!

Unless it phones home, then you'd have to setup a dummy server + know what response it should be sending

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

That's gotta be a non trivial amount of machinery in there, surprised it's in a landfill.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

This still happened in the south, probably until the 80's

My step-mom forced one of my little brothers to be right-handed. She's not a great person

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

This is how I tie my shoes and how I plan to teach my son to tie his shoes

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I love stuff like this

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Computer viking posted:

I browse with the awful app in dark mode, and that took me a very long time to figure out.

Thank you for this. I thought my pihole was blocking some lovely image hosting site they were using or something

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Collateral Damage posted:

The US never abolish slavery, they just expanded it to cover everyone and renamed it "right to work".

Even more literally, the US never abolished slavery completely since using prisoners for slave labor is still legal and constitutionally protected.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Cyril Sneer posted:

I don't buy for a second any of you were actually solving problems with the symbolic functions or graphing functions of those calculators. I used both TI and HP in my undergrad days and they were a total PITA for anything other than standard calculations.

They weren't that hard to use...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Humphreys posted:

The casual hatred for foreign people is just Aussie 'gently caress you, we on an island away from you fuckheads and aren't dumb as gently caress Americans' racism.