Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

sweeperbravo posted:

AFAIAA it's like a sturdier/more fabricky-clothy paper than just stuff coming out of the printer so it probably has some structural soundness but yeah, like picture it starts raining on you and the dress just disintegrates like the bad generic brand paper towel in a Bounty commercial

I'm pretty sure nobody expected more from a dress that costs a dollar twenty five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

blugu64 posted:

A dollar used to be worth something,

I live in Canada so I have no idea what that's like.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm going to assume the people who buy them don't do so for wearing them, though.

WebDog posted:

Of course it's still a pretty horrid material so it was uncomfortable to wear, didn't really form well over a person and the inks would stain your skin.

What kind of ink was used? :catdrugs:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

WebDog posted:

As for :catdrugs:
Doubt it was anything fancier than the typical methods used to print patterns on fabrics at the time. There was a bit of a pipe-dream going around where you'd buy rolls of paper and cut out your clothes.
Surprisingly they could actually be washed, but that also washed off the protective flame coating, so I suspect only the cheaper versions or something that was made with a blend of material that didn't bond well to ink were the ones that were prone to leaving marks on things.

I was sure, I just liked the idea of a ring of ebay sellers snatching up paper dresses to get high. Sounds like a really good short story, to be honest.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Oh nooo not staying in contact with friends and family members :gonk:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jerry Cotton posted:

If only he had a phone.

Facebook messaging has replaced SMS for a lot of people. Sorry the times are moving past you, grandpa :(

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Samizdata posted:

Don't worry. I'll call his mum.

She'd probably get really angry at you for misgendering me and hang up :3:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Platystemon posted:

Why can’t these keyboards work without drivers by following the USB HID specification?

Or do they, just without some features?

The SteelSeries Merc keyboards have the little console off to the side bound to random keys for some reason. I guess as an incentive to get you to install their driver suite so you also have to install their proprietary software that lets you bind whatever you want to the keys? :shrug:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Inco posted:

They're not bound to random keys. If you don't have the driver software, they act like the regular keys. It's pretty useful because some games don't let you rebind keys (like Lost Planet), so you can get around that. The software also changes configs automatically when the game starts. I really like this keyboard, and I'm going to be disappointed when it dies.

The one I had treated everything in the console like I was holding alt+some random key if the drivers weren't loaded. This was back in like 2007 tho.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jerry Cotton posted:

How self-centered do you have to be to think we'd be mentioning you in any way?

What?

I mean; if you actually want an answer, probably the fact that I was directly quoted. The guy even apologized for what he said so I have no clue what you're so angry about????

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jmcrofts posted:

You would not be the topic of conversation in his phone calls with your mom.

My mom loves me and would talk about me at length thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
And who cares?