Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

I always played as red because he had a bigger package.
To the fella that posted earlier about difficulty learning a manual: the best way I found? Force yourself. I strapped myself with a manual car with only a very basic understanding of how to do it. You learn fast when it's not "Ah well, I can learn next week" versus "Oh poo poo, I can't get to (work, school, both)" if I don't."

Every car has its nuances, too. Rotaries like I drive tend to require a more feathery touch on the clutch and gas to get going because of the near-zero torgue at low RPMs. My dad's Jeep Wrangler had a very heavy clutch by comparison, and a lot more torque, and could easily be clutch-walked with little to no gas applied.

RedContraGuy has a new favorite as of 03:00 on May 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU