Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Those old Nokias were the bee's knees. When cockroaches are crawling into the ruins of a post-nuclear holocaust Earth, they'll find old Nokia 3310s and use them to coordinate the take-over.

My first mobile phone? I was the first kid to get a phone, and it was this one I got from my dad:

It couldn't do SMS as far as I remember, it had the space for five (five!) numbers and that was it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Boiled Water posted:

The difference between vita and ipad in Denmark is a factor 10. It just makes no sense to buy a Vita.

Unless of course you want to play games like Gravity Rush, the MGS collection and the Vita-enabled catalogue of PSP-games :)

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Also, does anyone still use a wristwatch? I still wear one daily because I like to hike, and taking your phone is sort of against hiking etiquette.

Despite having had all kinds of smartphones, I'm still wearing my different watches. The one I'm wearing now is a Citizen Eco-Drive (Sun powered, bitches) I got for my Confirmation, some 11 years ago and it's the best watch I've ever had.
I'm not much for fashion, but to me the watch is simply more comfortable and easy to look at, than finding and dragging my mobile forth v:shobon:v

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Farecoal posted:

I live in urban area and I'm still stuck with lovely internet, both speed and connection wise, so yeah, I agree with this guy.

Physical media won't go away until a large part of the world's population has a stable and speedy connection to the internet (and streaming services pops up).I'm pretty sure that America's got several areas where you could drive to the store, get a DVD or Bluray, drive home, have a nice dinner and plan a movie night the day after, before a movie would have downloaded.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

That had some badass radium based stuff back then. I'd imagine that the German toothpaste Doramad really did make your teeth shiny (in the dark).