Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

How do you get the first person inside the vault?

Serious question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

The real question is, how did the first person ever in the vault get in the vault? Did they build the vault around him?

Yes, that's is what I want to know.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh yes, there is, and it does exactly what you think :dong:

I've got ArrangeByPenis.rar right here, including source code. You want it?

Please?

I was wondering how it worked a few days back, so this would be ace. :)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yeah, apparently this is empty

Bobby Digital posted:

It's called a refractory period.

:golfclap:

Space Kablooey has a new favorite as of 19:42 on May 11, 2015

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

D'awww :3:

Depending on the weight, they would make pretty cool keychains.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jedit posted:

5318008 is not a secure PIN, nor is 9112001.

Took me way too long to get the second one, but what's the first one? My guess it has to do with boobs.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Completely forgot about that. At least I got the boobs right.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mods please change my username to Хатуудиск. thanks

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

I use one of these at work:

Before I switched, I'd have pain every day up both arms, from the hand all the way up through the shoulder. I don't get that anymore.

I want one of those so bad, but IIRC they were horribly expensive and I need a different key layout. Also no numpad. :(

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Spy_Guy posted:

Haha, that's awesome! Really glad you're all enjoying the video. :)

Lemme know if you have any questions about this machine / other ones. I'd be happy to answer or make a video showcasing stuff.

I want to hear all the clunks. :allears:

But more seriously, I'd like a primer on these machines, and how they would have been used on their day-to-day. You talked about how some numbers went to certain registers, but that went flying over my head most of the time during that video.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Gasmask posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I've heard this warning from a few people, so I've been keeping it in the back of my mind. Luckily, we have lulls so it'll be busy for a bit, dead for a bit, and so on.

I don't WFH myself, but one thing I've heard is that having a spare room and using that as an office is the best option.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Now make one where the input is peeing on it

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I had a Motorola phone setup for alarm duties, but since it didn't really wake me up (I just got startled and I went back to sleep), I got one of those fancy Phillips light-up alarm clocks and it has worked so much better.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I remember one animation hosted at albinoblacksheep that was a french song sang by a talking head, and then a black & white picture of a DJ would pop up at certain points, and afterwards a bunny with a sniper rifle would blow the DJ up.

That poo poo was hilarious to me in 4th grade, but I could never find it afterwards. :(

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:lol:

I thought phones didn't send out pulses when they were on the hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

madeintaipei posted:

India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, the entirety of SE Asia, both urban and back country China, parts of Africa, and many other burgs, the gas cylinder is the primary cooking fuel for many, many people.

It's ubiquitous in Brazil as well, and I'd bet the rest of South America if not Latin America as well.

Also, speaking from experience in TYOOL 2022, electricity delivery to rural parts of Brazil's richest state is iffy at best - my parents go without electricity for hours pretty frequently, and sometimes, for days, at least with gas stoves they can at least cook food.

Space Kablooey has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Jan 28, 2022