Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ensign Expendable posted:

Are radio contests still a thing? I can't imagine anyone listening to a radio these days unless they're in a car, and it's not like you're going to be dialing a phone while driving.

You'd be surprised. Simply dialing would probably be 10x safer than what a lot of people do when driving these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

That keyboard is pretty drat nice and it's something rather steampunk in design without looking like utter poo poo or as though it'd give you tetanus if you held it wrong.

Tracula has a new favorite as of 04:59 on Apr 20, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Pilsner posted:

Ugh, so tired of the tetanus this tetanus that cliché. You don't get tetanus from touching clean brass, dummy. Read up on it on Wikipedia.

That's well and good and all but I mean a lot of steampunk garbage looks like it's rusty metal randomly crammed together with a few gears and hoses hanging off of it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Nah, really, y'all are right about that and I was being overly flippant about the whole thing. It's just kind of an overplayed nerd thing to do I guess and it generally rubs me wrong just to see someone glue gears on it and call it steampunk or do a pointless mashup of (insert popular geek IP here) and steampunk.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

...but the fact that they will neatly snag up sheets that are not supposed to go together, resulting in hilarious 40000 € gently caress-ups.

Even if you have to keep details anonymous I'd love to hear this story