Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DirtyWorker posted:

What about this baby?

I have one sitting on my desk, right next to an Indy :smug:

The monitor cable is in shambles though, I need to re-solder the connector back on. And my awesomely huge 9GB SCSI drive died, so I need to buy a new one at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Killer robot posted:

Also one of those old treadle type sewing machines, very similar to this one:

They don't have all the features you'll find on a modern machine, but they still do a lot of jobs perfectly well.

My mother has one of those in her living room. I don't think she uses it anymore, but it sure does look nice still.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

I GET IT. THEY ARE NOT OBSOLETE. :arghfist::eng101:

One thing I haven't seen in a long time are automatic doors triggered by rubber entry pads on the ground. Everything seems to be on a motion sensor now. Those pads seemed pretty cool when I was a kid.

You haven't been to enough small towns, especially industrial focused ones. A lot of them still have stores with those in place, because it'd be expensive to replace.