Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

robodex posted:

I bought an Alienware 14 a few months back and it has so many customizable LEDs on it I don't know what to do with them :smith:

(Future candidate for this thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

GWBBQ posted:

Apparently you can buy these refurbished for under $250. If every available surface wasn't buried in a pile of film cameras, slide projectors, and books, I'd get one.

After not having thought about plotters for a couple decades they pop up in this thread; then Massdrop listed a new plotter (the Silhouette Cameo) that also comes with a cutting head for stencils and poo poo the next day. I guess there's still some market for plotters out there.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

A few months ago I found a printout of the E-mail with my Kali registration codes from 1996 (sent to the family AOL account, of course.) It even mentions OS/2 in the instructions. Lots of good times using the DOS terminate-and-stay-resident version to play Descent 2.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Bondematt posted:

Foot pedals strafed. You couldn't turn while dashing, so the pedals let you strafe and turn.

This game was ALWAYS broken, cause everyone just slammed those joysticks.

Thing was that if you jumped (sticks out) you could press the sticks in to quickly descend AND auto-center on your opponent. So the most effective way to play involved rapidly slamming the sticks out and back in to recenter your camera over and over.