Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
My first digital camera, from late 1998:

Exciting features:
-Rotatable and removable lens!
-"Zoom"!
-4 MB SD card included!
-Serial connection!
-0.3 glorious megapixels!

Here's a sample picture:

The serial connection was the worst part. Transferring a full memory card took 20 minutes, for example. I was very proud of myself for getting it working in Debian Linux back when such a thing involved installing a kernel module.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010

cool kids inc. posted:

You don't have PMs or I'd totally ask there, but this looks criminally like Eastern Kentucky University's campus. Like further down that bit of road is Sullivan Hall and Burnahm even further. If it is, that's crazy as hell.

It's Linfield College in McMinnville, Oregon. The campus only got more snow than this once while I lived there.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010

We just got one of these at work. It's to be used in conjunction with checks prepared using a typewriter, signed by hand, and entered into the accounting system by manual JV.

(The machine prints the dollar amount in a way that's very hard to modify later. You can even emboss a symbol over the payee if you really want to go all out.)

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

That's a neat idea! Unfortunately my closest one is Hanford [I'm in NW Washington], and... they've... had their share of issues, lately. :v: I don't think it's open to the public.

Hanford does offer tours, but you have to sign up within an hour or two of when they make the slots available. When I visited in April, they let us go into the original ("B") reactor and look around. Here is a picture from the control room that seems appropriate:

The best part is peeking around the control panels and seeing thousands of wires coming out of every switch and display.