Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I hate it when my cartoons are immature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The GDR was a goldmine of obsolete technologies. In the 1980s the Ruhla watch factory was probably the largest in the world, equipped with a lot of legitimately state of the art manufacturing equipment. At a time when quartz watches were cheaply available in the west, Ruhla was using this cutting edge capacity to produce pin pallet watches not much different from what their predecessor companies were making in the 19th century.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I miss the history channel back when it was at least 12 hours of Nazi documentaries every day

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Next on History: Hitler's Dog's Secret Mistress

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Pham Nuwen posted:

i'm the one guy who died of cancer

edit: wait there's also the "cancer and wolf" category... I am very curious about that one

Lupus?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I like buying vinyl because the sleeves are cool. I have no idea if the player I have is any good because most of the time I'll actually just listen on YouTube music.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Are you even a professional chef, you idiot? Let me check your knives

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

A seat for my servant? Preposterous! That seat is for my hat. I do not pay the help to sit. - an extremely British concept

Post how much PTO you get

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Armacham posted:

I built a nixie tube clock today, that's pretty obsolete

Nixie tubes are sick

The Bulova is 45mm, the nixie watch is not in any sense practical

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
IN-16 tubes have different 5 and 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

barbecue at the folks posted:

The perfect can opener

The P38 was issued starting in 1942 and is obviously better because cool foldy bit. :colbert: