Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Steampunk R2-d2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They were extremely illegal documents.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ol qwerty bastard posted:

How about some failed technology that was never built, but could have been:

Project Orion! The nuclear battleship.

Ahem, the nuclear space battleship.

I've always had a soft spot for rho, but I can't wait to see a type of site like it made in 20 years that includes all the changes and developments in technology we've had over the past 30 years. A lot of it will probably stay the same but my hope is it won't be written by someone who wears a pocket protector

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It looks like a robot trying to poo poo on my floor

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I can get both local and dominos over the internet now. Pizza hut has a loving xbox pizza ordering thing. The time of death is coming

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I just tell my phone to call my mom every few weeks, and it talks to her for me. Smart phones

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

einTier posted:

I always thought this was because of laws or the fact that people wouldn't trust a digital readout. I remember the first ones appeared and it was an odd feeling for me -- it felt like it would be very easy to modify the display for false readings. Seems silly now, but I had an odd reaction to it at the time.

In regards to heads up displays, the Corvette has had one as an option since 1998. My 2005 had the speedometer, tachometer, navigation, and a g-meter built in. Worked amazingly well.

[edit]
Apparently, there are a lot of cars with HUDs. Who knew?

What's the highest G you've pulled?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Can someone find a video more English than that?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
rape rape date gently caress

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh well that's not bad, still under 6% :kiddo:

you europeans disgust me

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Linguistic technology...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

My Lovely Horse posted:

What kind of box did that crazy rear end mech game come in that had a whole cockpit as a special controller?

steel batallion

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah if you can't find some vintage tube technology collector you could absolutely pawn those 12ax7s off on some kind of dumbass guitarist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
My knowledge is limited to guitar amps but in general, pairs are generally the rule, kind of like RAM.