Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

One day in 2006, me and my brother were walking down the side of the road, and we found one of these. It actually looked pretty nice, I think it was the Famicom colored one.

But it had been ran over, and still worked fine, after bending the cartridge slot back into shape. My little brother played with it for about 2 years too. Someone clumsy with a 3DS XL tell me how they are, because if they're even half as tough as the GBA family, it would totally be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Fun fact: Atari joysticks have the same shape and number of pins as a Sega Genesis controller.

You can use a Sega controller for an Atari (just have to do some testing to see what button does what,) but I don't think you can use the Atari joystick for a Genesis, since there won't be enough buttons.

There's enough buttons for Sonic. Although there's no pause button, but you gotta go fast anyways, who needs pausing?

(I speak from experience, either my brother or I broke the only Sega controller and we had to play with dad's old Atari controller until my older brother brought his old six button controllers because he bought a Saturn. Does the Saturn count as failed technology?)