Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Screw Ipods and Zunes, my family used Zen players :smug:
Specifically we all had the Vision M model as seen below. Brother and I had 30 gigs while our mom had the 60 gig version. This was cool because Ipod video players at the time had less storage, worse screens, and were more expensive I believe. Apparently the company is still making mp3 players, but really I don't know anyone else who has owned one or heard of one.

Also i recently received a manual typewriter for my birthday(yes I asked for one) because the internet and solitaire/minesweeper distract me when I use a word processor. The thing is awesome, has both black and red ink strips, makes a cool sound, but weighs a ton and you have to type one letter at a time, which is harder than it sounds.

Nasgate has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Jul 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I remember those ugly bricks being my second graphing calculator experience. My first was my brother's TI-89 titanium which was probably one step away from teaching math classes. Then I got an 84 myself that was obnoxious pink.

And if we're bringing up old heating machines(screw working on octopus machines, that looks horrible), how about boilers? So dangerous that they have four safeties just for the water pipe, let alone the other safeties. If I wasn't on a phone I'd show you why, but for now just Google boiler explosion aftermath or something.
The Shining has the only movie explosion that I don't believe is exaggerated.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The vision also had a touch pad like that. I have yet to mess with someone's Ipod that can scroll as fast or slow as my old Zen. The only reason I stopped using it was because I got one of those pre-smartphone touch screen phones. It had a music player, which meant I no longer needed 2 devices. Speaking of which, that lasted about a year before android phones came out. I mean, it was already pretty much inferior to an iphone, except files were drag-n-drop which I felt made it better.